Redmi 6 Problem

I managed to get my phone back to normal with Chinese ROM. I will try with ADB installer (+TWPR.img) and a global ROM.
Let(s hope 2019 will give better results than December 2018 :)
hi bro,can you give me efs back up form ur phone please..my phone brick bcuz i dnt have delete some partition.

Are there nay updates on Xiaomi.eu for the Redmi 6?

I received one today, and I will have to wait 360 hours (15 days) until being able to unlock the bootloader.
It is really unfortunate, as it is a gift for my father in Law, and he will be here in 13 days on holidays.

So, I would like to know if there are any updates on Xiaomi.eu for this equipment.
Otherwise, I will need to prepare a Global ROM for it (installed by default).

PS: I always disliked MediaTek, and I continue to do so.
Today, with one more phone; sorry, one more reason.

Hi,
I just bought a Redmi 6 and unlocked it officially. Installed the TWRP Recovery successfully and tried to flash the Eu Rom. The installation went thru without error messages. Did wipe and format. However after rebooting the phone went into an endless loop. Every 10 sec's it starts again. I can see the Mi logo in the middle and at the bottom it says unlocked. and repeats for ever it seems
TWRP Version : 3.2.3-0 and EU Rom 8.8.23 and 8.8.16
Any idea ?
Hello,

I just unlocked my Redmi 6, after 15 days of waiting.

I tried to flash TWRP (the official from TWRP.me website), but no luck there.
I enter the command to flash, it says OKAY.
As I enter the command to boot into the recovery image, it says OKAY, but the phone sits for 4 seconds, vibrates three times (one first, and after 2 seconds it vibrates two consecutive times), and boots into system.
Thus, TWRP does not stick as the flashed recovery.

How did you flash TWRP in your Redmi 6?

Hello,

I just unlocked my Redmi 6, after 15 days of waiting.

I tried to flash TWRP (the official from TWRP.me website), but no luck there.
I enter the command to flash, it says OKAY.
As I enter the command to boot into the recovery image, it says OKAY, but the phone sits for 4 seconds, vibrates three times (one first, and after 2 seconds it vibrates two consecutive times), and boots into system.
Thus, TWRP does not stick as the flashed recovery.

How did you flash TWRP in your Redmi 6?

Hi,
to be honest I don't recall that I did anything special or different from the other phones I worked with. On phone developermode was activated and USB Debugging active

1. Unlocked the phone officially
2. flashed the twrp.img
3. reboot into recovery
4. installed the twrp.img again via twrp to make it stick :)
5. several attemps with EU Rom and finally used MIUI Global rom

Thats it

Hi,
to be honest I don't recall that I did anything special or different from the other phones I worked with. On phone developermode was activated and USB Debugging active
Hello guys,

Here I am providing my feedback for the Redmi 6:
DO NOT BUY IT!

If you want a cheap smartphone, buy it.
But be aware that the money you save, may not be worth it.
Especially if you want root, Xiaomi.eu, or anything for Android modding.

If you still want to try, you should use the following TWRP:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-6/how-to/share-redmi-6-custom-recovery-t3888450
This recovery solves the decryption issue we had with the official TWRP.

Procedure:
1. Ask for unlocking bootloader;
2. Wait 15 days for the permission;
3. Unlock bootlaoder;
4. In fastboot mode, flash recovery: instructions "fastboot flash recovery <recovery_name.img>";
5. Still in fastboot mode, boot into recovery: instructions "fastboot boot <recovery_name.img>";
6. But, press Volume+ until you TWRP logo appears;
7. if the TWRP logo does not appear for 10 seconds, release the Volume+ button, and hit the Power button;
8. Select Reboot -> Recovery (to stick the recovery);
9. Flash whatever you feel like, but, be aware that this device is not supported by many things.

I highlight the step 6., because it is very important.
Otherwise, the device will boot to the system, and the recovery will disappear.

Hope this helps you :)

if it stuck on bootloop and enter recovery after each boot, don't worry, just use the recovery to wipe all data, after that the rom will initiate. report if help

I was not able to root my Redmi 6.
Tried different versions of Magisk, from v16.0 to v18.0, and SuperSU v2.82.

If you have any advice, please let me now.

Cheers.