Redmi 7a

sdet0

Members
Aug 1, 2018
Hey guys,

I just ordered one of these phones as I can see this is the direct replacement for the Redmi 6a. I can see it uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 SOC, which I'm hoping means that there shouldn't be any weirdness with encryption like there is on the Redmi 6a. Are there any plans to add this device to the Xioami.eu project?

That's unfortunate. Is there anything I can do to help add support? I should have my hands on one soon. The SOC is just a cut down version of the Snapdragon 632 in the Redmi 7, so in theory it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Got my hands on the Xiaomi Redmi 7a now - pretty nice phone for the money, a definite step up from the Redmi 6a. It is running a global 10.2 ROM, if anyone needs a dump, feel free to PM.

I imagine that the Xiaomi.eu project has quite enough on their hands at the moment, and Xiaomi are releasing devices like it's nobody's business these days. I can understand if they don't want to support some entry level devices, especailly if they haven't got their hands on one yet since it is very new. Like anything though, if it becomes popular enough, there may be more people willing to support it.

Reactions: KevinReems