Redmi K20 Pro to Mi 9T Pro conversion patch (MIUI 11 & 12)

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello every Mi 9T pro users!

With elements given by @LeonardoBordin from XDA Forum and https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-k20-pro-to-mi-9t-pro-conversion-patch-miui-11.53597/, here's some "all-in-one" TWRP zip packages to convert your phone's model from "Redmi K20 Pro "to "Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro".

IMPORTANT:

- If you already installed "Universal" patch and if your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing a ROM update or reflashing your current ROM. (EDIT: No need to reinstall "Universal" patch since 21.1.14!)
=> You need to install the "Universal" patch to be able to boot.

- To completely avoid a possible "only boot to Recovery" issue explained previously, you must always use "Safe" patch version but you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM.

- So, it's recommended to flash "Universal" patch after each ROM update. :p

- You CAN'T install a previous "Universal" version over a more recent one, you will still only boot to Recovery.

"Safe" version -v1.2.12.4- (MIUI 12 boot animation) & -v1.2.11.4- (MIUI 11 boot animation)

- Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 Android 10 ROM -

== MIUI 12 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_v1.2.12.4_Safe_Conversion.zip

== MIUI 11 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_v1.2.11.4_Safe_Conversion.zip

Changelog for "Safe" v1.x:
- v1.2.12: Use MIUI 12 "Beta" boot animation
- v1.2: Fix writing in System partition (in a specific case)
- v1.1: Fix MIUI Camera sounds (focus & shutter)
- v1.0: Initial release - "Safe" v1.x don't use fingerprint build & security patch date info from latest Official Global MIUI ROM

--------------------------------

Minimal "Safe" version v1.0

* Only change device name model *

TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_v1.0_Minimal_Safe_Conversion.zip

Main changes:

- Redmi logo was replaced with "Mi" logo.
- Redmi/MIUI boot animation has been replaced with "Mi" boot animation (use: MIUI 11 boot animation).
- Redmi/Mi boot animation has been replaced with "MIUI" boot animation (use: MIUI 12 boot animation).
- Device model has been replaced as "Mi 9T Pro".
- Camera Watermark displays "Mi 9T Pro".
- Media volume steps is set to stock (15 steps instead of 30).

Please try and comment. :)

== Use it at your own risks (backup first) ==

Steps to follow:

Use Official or OrangeFox TWRP

1) Download one conversion patch zip file you want and put this file in root of your phone's storage.

2) Boot to TWRP Recovery.

3) Go to "Install" menu and find & select your previously downloaded zip file.

4) Do NOT tick "Reboot after installation" option!

5) Flash it.

6) After flashing, click on "Wipe Dalvik&Cache" button and do the wipe.

7) Reboot and enjoy!

;)

If you used "Universal" patch before, you need to update the security patch date and fingerprint build info to be able to boot. So you can continue to install "Universal" patch or you can install this zip in TWRP to fix it
=> TWRP_RAPHAEL_12.0.1.0_Global_ROM_info.zip (Updated: Fix Google Pay)

=== New "Universal" patch (v20.5.1) ===
* Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 ROM *

- MIUI 12 Boot Animation -
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_MIUI_12_Universal_v20.5.1_Conversion.zip

- MIUI 11 Boot Animation -
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_MIUI_11_Universal_v20.5.1_Conversion.zip

INFO: Universal patch checks ROM info (Security patch date info) and automatically apply the best choice to avoid bootloop after installation!

Changelog for "Universal" v20.5:

- v20.5.1: Fix Google Pay (NFC payments)

- Version number is now in "YY.M" date format (based on the security patch date info)
- New logo.img from MIUI 12 Official Global "Beta" ROM

This "Universal" patch will use V12.0.1.0.QFKMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info when possible

IMPORTANT:

- If you already installed "Actual" version and if your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing a ROM update

=> You will need to flash the "Actual" patch version to be able to boot.

- If your phone only boot to Recovery after flashing "Actual" version, it means your current ROM version is using a more recent Android security patch date info than "Actual" patch version
=> You will need to reflash your current ROM in TWRP and use "Safe" version (until a new "Actual" patch version is available/released).

- To avoid bootloop issues, you can use "Safe" version but you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM.

Also, you can NOT use a previous "Actual" patch version or use "Safe" version if the Android security patch date info of your current ROM is older than your last "Actual" patch you used.

"Actual" version -v20.4.12.4- (MIUI 12 boot animation) & -v20.4.11.4- (MIUI 11 boot animation)
(v20.4.x = 2020-04-01 | Security patch date info)

- Working on any MIUI 11 & MIUI 12 ROM -

== MIUI 12 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_v20.4.12.4_Conversion.zip

== MIUI 11 boot animation ==
TWRP_K20Pro_to_Mi9TPro_v20.4.11.4_Conversion.zip

Changelog for v20.4.12:
- Use MIUI 12 "Beta" boot animation

Changelog for v20.4:
- Use V11.0.4.0.QFKMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info

Changelog for v4.x:
- v4.5: Fix writing in System partition (in a specific case)
- v4.4: Fix MIUI Camera sounds (focus & shutter)
- v4.3: Better "mount" partitions feature to avoid writing issues
- v4.2: Fix 'bootanimation.zip" file installation
- v4.1: Minor changes
- v4.0: Initial release - v4.x use V11.0.3.0.QFKMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info

Last edited:
Working pretty good on 20.3.27 without having to reflash the ROM, thank you so much :D

Do we need to flash this again if we are going to update to latest eu beta version?

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Hi Poney70
I have a couple of stupid questions for you. Can I modify the file script.sh to keep the volume steps at 30? I prefer it like that. I just have to change that 15 in 30 inside the script, right?
Also, can I use the safe v1.2 zip for future xiaomi.eu ROMs? Just in case I forget to check if you updated the zip for newer ROMs

Thanks

Hi Poney70
I have a couple of stupid questions for you. Can I modify the file script.sh to keep the volume steps at 30? I prefer it like that. I just have to change that 15 in 30 inside the script, right?
Also, can I use the safe v1.2 zip for future xiaomi.eu ROMs? Just in case I forget to check if you updated the zip for newer ROMs

Thanks
Hello,
Yes you can modify the script.sh file (use "Notepad++" if you are on Windows to avoid encoding issue when saving) and easier solution is to remove the block of lines, from if grep -q ro\.config\.media_vol_steps to fi (5 lines).
You can use Safe v1.2, if you used the "Actual" version before, only if the Android security patch date info of the new ROM is egal or newer than 2020-01-01.

Warning for Weekly/Beta ROMs only: Android security patch date info =/= Real android security patch date

:)

hi, sorry i have the stable version 11.0.8 i install the v4.5 and it goes to bootloop, thats because not work with that version of the rom or is that i do something wrong?

Hello,
Yes you can modify the script.sh file (use "Notepad++" if you are on Windows to avoid encoding issue when saving) and easier solution is to remove the block of lines, from if grep -q ro\.config\.media_vol_steps to fi (5 lines).
You can use Safe v1.2, if you used the "Actual" version before, only if the Android security patch date info of the new ROM is egal or newer than 2020-01-01.

Warning for Weekly/Beta ROMs only: Android security patch date info =/= Real android security patch date

:)
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I was actually planning to modify the safe version and not the actual. My situation is this: I'm on weekly 20.3.27 and I still haven't used any patch to convert the info of my phone.
So, you are saying that I should use the actual v4.5 zip and not the safe v1.2 at first. Later on, when new ROMs come out I can use just the safe version. Is it correct? Am I missing something?

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I was actually planning to modify the safe version and not the actual. My situation is this: I'm on weekly 20.3.27 and I still haven't used any patch to convert the info of my phone.
So, you are saying that I should use the actual v4.5 zip and not the safe v1.2 at first. Later on, when new ROMs come out I can use just the safe version. Is it correct? Am I missing something?
No...
Use "Safe" version first, you can't use "Safe" after "Actual" version for Weekly ROMs.
;)

No...
Use "Safe" version first, you can't use it after "Actual" version in most cases...
Ok, so I modify the safe version and I use that directly. Right?
Sorry for asking too much but I just want to be sure of what I'm doing

hi, sorry i have the stable version 11.0.8 i install the v4.5 and it goes to bootloop, thats because not work with that version of the rom or is that i do something wrong?
Hello, the red warning in OP is not enough visible for you? ^^

I'm on 11.0.5 with conversion patch want to OTA 11.0.8. Is it safe to update android without backup? And is it safe to patch then without backup?

I'm on 11.0.5 with conversion patch want to OTA 11.0.8. Is it safe to update android without backup? And is it safe to patch then without backup?
Hello, yes you can OTA update without backup. You only need to flash ROM again if you can't boot after patching.
Do not forget to use "Safe" (not "Actual" v4.5) patch for 11.0.8.0 Stable version. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Grzesiu
Guys anybody please help me m quite confused .... am using redmi K20 pro Indian version currently on MIUI 11.0.4.0 Global ROM and wants to flash Xiaomi.EU ROM so what procedure do I neet to follow (bootloader is unlocked)

Actually I already tried to flash Xaiomi.EU but ends up booting to recovery again n again so I flashed MIUI 11.0.4.0 using MIFlash tool, Also I want to know is there any Anti rollback restrictions on Redmi K20 pro ?

Guys anybody please help me m quite confused .... am using redmi K20 pro Indian version currently on MIUI 11.0.4.0 Global ROM and wants to flash Xiaomi.EU ROM so what procedure do I neet to follow (bootloader is unlocked)

Actually I already tried to flash Xaiomi.EU but ends up booting to recovery again n again so I flashed MIUI 11.0.4.0 using MIFlash tool, Also I want to know is there any Anti rollback restrictions on Redmi K20 pro ?

Please, search forum for "rom flashing guide". Alternatively search google in your language with words "redmi K20 pro IN xiaomi.eu install"

As far as I remember bootloop to recovery in my case was fixed after this https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/solved-twrp-bootloop-after-flash.54583/

New "Actual" version released (v20.4):
-> Use V11.0.4.0.QFKMIXM (Official Global ROM) fingerprint build & security patch date info [2020-04-01]

Reactions: leonloopik
New "Actual" and "Safe" version with MIUI 12 "Beta" boot animation (can be applied on MIUI 11 ROM) added in OP.
;)

Can I use this version in miui 12? I updated mine and the name k20 pro came back
My patch is made for xiaomi.eu ROM. I didn't tested on China ROM. ;)

BTW I'm waiting for xiaomi.eu MIUI 12 release to test if it still working.

New versions released for a clean MIUI 12 compatibility! (also still working on MIUI 11 and on any MIUI ROM)

Sorry for the delay, I also made a new "logo.img" based on MIUI 12 one (for all available patch versions).