Redmi K30 5G Query

abhi281

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hello,

I am using Redmi K30 5G with latest MIUI 12.1.1 China ROM. I want to unlock my bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu ROM. But I am bit confused about this ROM and I have certain queries:

1) If I ever go to mainland China (I'm a traveler and visit China sometimes) will xiaomi.eu ROM work there? I mean Chinese mobile SIM (4G or 5G network) will work with this ROM or not?

2) As Google Play Store not works in China, is it possible to install xiaomi appstore (GetApps) into this ROM?

3) is it possible to update this ROM without flashing each time (OTA update)? I mean like stock China or Global ROM. Whenever a new version available, I will be notified and I can install it directly into phone (without PC or anything).

4) How many days it may take to update xiaomi.eu ROM after release of a China stable ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am using Redmi K30 5G with latest MIUI 12.1.1 China ROM. I want to unlock my bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu ROM. But I am bit confused about this ROM and I have certain queries:

1) If I ever go to mainland China (I'm a traveler and visit China sometimes) will xiaomi.eu ROM work there? I mean Chinese mobile SIM (4G or 5G network) will work with this ROM or not?

2) As Google Play Store not works in China, is it possible to install xiaomi appstore (GetApps) into this ROM?

3) is it possible to update this ROM without flashing each time (OTA update)? I mean like stock China or Global ROM. Whenever a new version available, I will be notified and I can install it directly into phone (without PC or anything).

4) How many days it may take to update xiaomi.eu ROM after release of a China stable ROM?

Thanks in advance.

1, yes
2, yes, you can install getApps apk
3, yes, using the updater app, yes you will be notified by the updater app
4, usually released after a China stable rom is released, doesn't take "days" most of the time except something Xiaomi messed up and the devs here have to fix it before release

@geoorg
Thank you.
One more thing pls: after unlocking the device and using xiaomi.eu ROM, can I use banking/financial apps? or they will create issues due to unlocked BL?

@geoorg
Thank you.
One more thing pls: after unlocking the device and using xiaomi.eu ROM, can I use banking/financial apps? or they will create issues due to unlocked BL?
Yes you can use banking apos.
Some might create issues, but a lot of fixes have been provided by other forum members

Reactions: abhi281