Redmi K30 Issue

Waxy786

Members
Apr 16, 2020
I recently purchased the redmi K30 4g
After setting the phone up and specifically choosing English language, I can see so much Chinese writing within the menus/apps etc and it's so frustrating as I live in England and can't speak or read Chinese :( is there any way to completely remove this Chinese writing please ?

I recently purchased the redmi K30 4g
After setting the phone up and specifically choosing English language, I can see so much Chinese writing within the menus/apps etc and it's so frustrating as I live in England and can't speak or read Chinese :( is there any way to completely remove this Chinese writing please ?
Switch to xiaomi.eu rom.
It's a European community so you won't have any single Chinese in the rom. Go to YouTube and research about it you'll learn everything

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Waxy786
Yes .....

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
Thank you . Last few questions please if you don't mind, will I get OTA updates if I flash global ROM over Chinese ROM ? And finally, how do I relock the bootloader after flashing global rom ?

I am not sure there is a global ROM for this device yet..
Unless you use Xiaomi EU ROM...

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk
Will EU ROM still support OTA update ?
Also, I tried to unlock bootloader, but i have to wait 7 days. So for now, I have switched off the K30 and won't use it until 7 days when I am able to unlock bootloader. Is this okay ? Or do I have to use the phone for 7 days continuously? Also, is the 7 days accurate? Or will xiaomi make me wait longer after the 7 days has ended ?