Redmi K30 Pro / Poco F2 Pro current status

SpinoRex

Members
Jan 18, 2021
Hi all,

I was interested in K30 Pro since it was announced last year, however I couldn't decide should I switch my old Mi 8 for it :) However now I don't have any other option, because battery in Mi 8 is reaching its end of life and lasts for no more than 14-16 hours :)

So I bought 8/256 Neon Blue F2 pro and currently I am waiting for perrmission to unlock bootloader, still 159 hours remaining. While waiting, I wanted to make sure about some aspects but it seems a lot changed since july/august when I stopped following that topics because of being extremely busy in work and personal projects.

I couldn't find all answers (most of posts are quite old) so I decided to kindly ask owners and modders few questions:

1)Are Android 11-based weeklies still slightly bugged like they was some months ago or are they good to be used for dailydriver? Or should I stick to the latest A10 weekly?
2)In case I should stick to A10, considering it will be weekly not stable, will I be then able to just flash A11 weekly when it is stable enough without wiping data? I remember that wipe was required for Mi 8 while moving from A8 to A9 and then from A9 to A10.
3) Now I am on Global stable 11.0.4.0 (QJKMIXM), Android 10, just like it was stright ou of the box. Is it better to leave it like it is and just move to xiaomi.eu like always, or is it good to update to latest available 12.0.4.0 (QJKMIXM)? I wonder if it contains some firmware updates worth installing like better camera fw etc. Since its name starts with "Q" I suppose it is still Android 10. I didn't update yet because of ARB, it is better to know before ;)
4) In case I should make an update to build mentioned above, there is a chance that after update it will pop up new update again - people are already receiving 12.2.1.0 (RJKMIXM) that is based on A11. Should I proceed also with this update? My concerns are if after the second update I will be able to normally install TWRP and then flash any xiaomi.eu ROM, no matter A10 or A11, depends on my taste.

5) Regarding K30 Pro/F2 Pro naming with xiaomi.eu ROM:
a) Name of the phone will be K30 Pro or F2 Pro? (does not relly matter but curious)
b) Boot animations/possibly otherbrandings will be K30 Pro or F2 Pro? (does not really matter but curious)
c) Launcher that is build into system will be regular MIUI launcher or POCO launcher? (that actually matters as I found on the forum that POCO launcher does not support gestures and I already got used to it on Mi 8 and found it a lot more comfortable than regular navbar - but is it really like this? Because on current Global I have gestures turned on and they work fine)

I think that is all, I will be very grateful for all your answers :)

Hi all,

I was interested in K30 Pro since it was announced last year, however I couldn't decide should I switch my old Mi 8 for it :) However now I don't have any other option, because battery in Mi 8 is reaching its end of life and lasts for no more than 14-16 hours :)

So I bought 8/256 Neon Blue F2 pro and currently I am waiting for perrmission to unlock bootloader, still 159 hours remaining. While waiting, I wanted to make sure about some aspects but it seems a lot changed since july/august when I stopped following that topics because of being extremely busy in work and personal projects.

I couldn't find all answers (most of posts are quite old) so I decided to kindly ask owners and modders few questions:

1)Are Android 11-based weeklies still slightly bugged like they was some months ago or are they good to be used for dailydriver? Or should I stick to the latest A10 weekly?
2)In case I should stick to A10, considering it will be weekly not stable, will I be then able to just flash A11 weekly when it is stable enough without wiping data? I remember that wipe was required for Mi 8 while moving from A8 to A9 and then from A9 to A10.
3) Now I am on Global stable 11.0.4.0 (QJKMIXM), Android 10, just like it was stright ou of the box. Is it better to leave it like it is and just move to xiaomi.eu like always, or is it good to update to latest available 12.0.4.0 (QJKMIXM)? I wonder if it contains some firmware updates worth installing like better camera fw etc. Since its name starts with "Q" I suppose it is still Android 10. I didn't update yet because of ARB, it is better to know before ;)
4) In case I should make an update to build mentioned above, there is a chance that after update it will pop up new update again - people are already receiving 12.2.1.0 (RJKMIXM) that is based on A11. Should I proceed also with this update? My concerns are if after the second update I will be able to normally install TWRP and then flash any xiaomi.eu ROM, no matter A10 or A11, depends on my taste.

5) Regarding K30 Pro/F2 Pro naming with xiaomi.eu ROM:
a) Name of the phone will be K30 Pro or F2 Pro? (does not relly matter but curious)
b) Boot animations/possibly otherbrandings will be K30 Pro or F2 Pro? (does not really matter but curious)
c) Launcher that is build into system will be regular MIUI launcher or POCO launcher? (that actually matters as I found on the forum that POCO launcher does not support gestures and I already got used to it on Mi 8 and found it a lot more comfortable than regular navbar - but is it really like this? Because on current Global I have gestures turned on and they work fine)

I think that is all, I will be very grateful for all your answers :)
1, they are called "weekly" for a reason. These are meant for "testing" purposes only and not meant to be used as "daily driver"

2, A10 is stable not weekly, and you now have stable A11(12.2.2.0) for Poco F2 Pro.
Since this would be your first install of xiaomi.eu rom, wiping/format of data is required.

3, just leave it as it is. No need to update.

4, see reply to 3 above

5a, name will be K30 Pro
5b, Boot animation will be MIUI not Poco
5c, launcher will be MIUI Launcher (yay!) ;)

Cheers! :cool:

Reactions: SpinoRex
1, they are called "weekly" for a reason. These are meant for "testing" purposes only and not meant to be used as "daily driver"

2, A10 is stable not weekly, and you now have stable A11(12.2.2.0) for Poco F2 Pro.
Since this would be your first install of xiaomi.eu rom, wiping/format of data is required.

4, see reply to 3 above

5a, name will be K30 Pro

1) Yep, I know, however in most cases weeklies are stable enough for daily driver - I'm using weeklies since Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi 8 and now I wanted it also for F2 :) What I meant was if A10 is more stable than A11 - small bugs are "welcome", like weird layout etc. But non-working phone or camera is "blocker" for daily usage ;)
2) Yes, but the question is if I still install last available weekly A10, will I be then able to move to latest weekly A11 when I decide witout a wipe (that's why I'd like to stick to A10 weekly instead stable because I know that moving between weekle and stable requires wipe. Not sure about weekly-weekly but different Android version)
3) and 4) Great :) By the way - I wonder if xiaomi.eu ships also new firmware when available. I remember that for Mi 5 I had to manually flash Global through fastboot to update firmware - but it was very long time ago, like 2016 or something.
5) That's a really good info :cool:

Thank you :)

1) Yep, I know, however in most cases weeklies are stable enough for daily driver - I'm using weeklies since Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi 8 and now I wanted it also for F2 :) What I meant was if A10 is more stable than A11 - small bugs are "welcome", like weird layout etc. But non-working phone or camera is "blocker" for daily usage ;)
2) Yes, but the question is if I still install last available weekly A10, will I be then able to move to latest weekly A11 when I decide witout a wipe (that's why I'd like to stick to A10 weekly instead stable because I know that moving between weekle and stable requires wipe. Not sure about weekly-weekly but different Android version)
3) and 4) Great :) By the way - I wonder if xiaomi.eu ships also new firmware when available. I remember that for Mi 5 I had to manually flash Global through fastboot to update firmware - but it was very long time ago, like 2016 or something.
5) That's a really good info :cool:

Thank you :)

1, in that case go for the weekly ;)
2, yes you can move from weekly (A10) to weekly (A11) without wipe

Yes you will get update notifications from the updater app where you can download and install the latest firmware when available.
TWRP Custom recovery required for this.

You're welcome :)

Last edited:
Regarding writing "firmware" I was thinking about something different - I meant that part of software that holds hardware drivers etc., english is not my primary language and I probably called that thing incorrectly. I think kernel is better word :) That's why I was thinking if it is good idea to update to newer global, because it contains kernel (through built in updater app or through fastboot/miflash) and xiaomi.eu problably does not.

It seems that entire process doesn't look much different than on Mi 8, even though there are some new "features" like Anti-Rollback or dynamic partitions. Should be easy as always ;) Thank you very much for all your replies :)

Regarding writing "firmware" I was thinking about something different - I meant that part of software that holds hardware drivers etc., english is not my primary language and I probably called that thing incorrectly. I think kernel is better word :) That's why I was thinking if it is good idea to update to newer global, because it contains kernel (through built in updater app or through fastboot/miflash) and xiaomi.eu problably does not.

It seems that entire process doesn't look much different than on Mi 8, even though there are some new "features" like Anti-Rollback or dynamic partitions. Should be easy as always ;) Thank you very much for all your replies :)
Firmware, Kernel, ROM, OS,...whatever. i get your point ;)

Like i said there's really no need to update before installing xiaomi.eu ROM.
Each Xiaomi.eu rom comes with the corresponding Kernel and firmware for your device as release by xiaomi for that update.

Updating to newer global will be something like updating an app before you uninstall it....quite pointless isn't it?

4, see reply to 3 above

5a, name will be K30 Pro

Regarding 5a the problem is that I can not find my copy in xiaomi cloud from Pocophone F2 Pro. Do you know how to fix this?

Wysłane z mojego POCO F2 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

So, are the weekly now fine regarding:
- dual apps
- netsafe
- headset jack works
- notifications can be silenced
- apps are not killed even if battery safe is not applied to them
?

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Done that every week until January.
I though this thread was for this device in concrete to make such questions and share opinions

Sent from my Redmi K30 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: jez_inc