New Redmi K60 - Camera app cannot take landscape photos/videos

Dumanoid

Members
Apr 10, 2023
Just flashed the latest Xiaomi.eu stable ROM on my Redmi K60 (V14.0.22.0) and noticed an annoying bug where the default MIUI camera app doesn't seem to be able to detect when I'm holding the phone in landscape mode. That means every photo or video that I take in landscape mode will always turn out to be in portrait mode like as though the orientation is locked. I checked that the gyroscope works on my Redmi K60 as apps like the Gallery and Google Chrome will automatically switch between portrait and landscape mode depending on how I hold my phone. I also couldn't find any setting in the Camera app that "locks" the orientation to portrait mode. This video will show u the bug in detail:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
U can even see that the camera UI elements are always fixed to portrait mode even when I hold my phone in landscape mode. By right, they're supposed to rotate accordingly to how I hold my phone. I never had this issue before I flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer12138
Did you fix it? im planning to flash eurom also to my k60 but ive seen your post and i think ill hold for abit tell they fix it

Did you fix it? im planning to flash eurom also to my k60 but ive seen your post and i think ill hold for abit tell they fix it
Not yet. U can see from the latest Xiaomi.eu stable ROMs that it's still on V14.0.22.0. They haven't yet released an update since I flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM over a month ago. I couldn't find any solutions so far and I've even tried downloading third-party camera apps like Google Cam but it instantly bugged out when I tried to rotate to landscape mode. However, it's not a big issue for me as I rarely take photos and videos. Even when I do, I can just rotate them afterwards, although there doesn't seem to be a way to rotate videos in the default MIUI gallery app (you'll have to download a third-party video editor for this). I personally would still rather flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM first even with this bug as I much prefer the deeper Google integration (coz I use Android Auto) with no Chinese bloatware and missing translations. Not to mention that even in the future if they fix this bug and then u wanna flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM, you'll have to go through the whole setup process again. Even with backups, it'll still be a bit of a hassle.

Im on . 22 official,can i flash the old version . 18?
Oh actually, an update just got released like literally less than 10 hours ago for the Redmi K60 (V14.0.24.0). I've just finished updating it via fastboot, but unfortunately, this bug still persists. Bruh idk how I'm the only person bringing this bug up even tho it's a pretty obvious and massive bug. Hopefully, the devs will read my post and fix it ASAP.

U definitely can flash an older version if u wish. Although I'm not sure if this bug is still present on those older versions, so do it at ur own risk. Lemme know if u also have this bug after you've flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM (if u ever decide to do so).

Last edited:
Waiting for the bug to be fixed, also the poco f5pro is launching now, we can also use that for our k60

Waiting for the bug to be fixed, also the poco f5pro is launching now, we can also use that for our k60
The Poco F5 Pro will be a different phone from the Redmi K60. Sure, it will just be the global version of the Redmi K60, but we won't be able to use the software for the F5 Pro on the Redmi K60. From the software perspective, they'll be two completely different phones so their ROMs won't be interchangeable with each other.

Same phone same specs just a rebranded k60, only difference is the battery capacity

Last edited:
Same phone same specs just a rebranded k60, only difference is the battery capacity
Yea ik that hardware-wise, it's pretty much a Redmi K60, which is why I said it's just the global version of the K60. But, software-wise, the global MIUI ROM for the Poco F5 Pro won't be compatible with the Redmi K60. So we can't flash that on our Redmi K60s.

I wonder why its not compatible?
Coz they're still considered different phones from a software perspective. I expect their firmware or something is different even though they're the same hardware-wise. It is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coz they're still considered different phones from a software perspective. I expect their firmware or something is different even though they're the same hardware-wise. It is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poco f5 pro firmware is out now boss, will try to convert your k60 ?

Poco f5 pro firmware is out now boss, will try to convert your k60 ?
U can try it out and lemme know. It'll be easier for u since you're already on the official MIUI ROM from Xiaomi. I'm also curious to know if it will work coz I just noticed that the POCO F5 Pro's firmware has the same codename as the Redmi K60 (Mondrian). But I still highly doubt that it will work lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer12138
Did you fix the camera glitch boss? I talked to this youtuber that flashed xiaomieu on a k60 phone and he said he has no issue with camera

If I did, I'll definitely let you know. Maybe for some reason, my Redmi K60 is an anomaly and you'll be fine if u flash it on ur own Redmi K60. But do it at your own risk ofc. I recommend u try flashing the Poco F5 Pro's ROM first like u wanted.

Hi, i am using redmi k60 with eu rom 14.0.24.0(latest version). I dont have any issue like what u said.

Bruh wth is wrong with my Redmi K60? Can u check what version your camera app is running on?
Here is it. 4.5.002310.2. You may refer to the screenshot attached below

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-30-24-511_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-30-24-511_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 91