New Redmi K60 - Camera app cannot take landscape photos/videos

Bruh wth is wrong with my Redmi K60? Can u check what version your camera app is running on?
A gentle reminder, please do not update any system apps ya. If you have accidentally update the system app, it might be some problems or bugs will appears. You can uninstall the update in app info

A gentle reminder, please do not update any system apps ya. If you have accidentally update the system app, it might be some problems or bugs will appears. You can uninstall the update in app info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-41-45-279_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-41-45-279_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 105
I don't think I updated any system apps. I noticed this bug almost immediately after I did a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu ROM. Also, I did try to clear the cache and delete the data of my camera app, but the bug is still there. I cannot find any way to "uninstall updates" for the camera app in app info.

And thanks for providing ur version number. But it doesn't help coz mine is exactly the same as yours, with the only difference being that ur camera app icon is different from mine. But u probably just installed a skin that's all. Mine is the default theme. So, idk what is wrong with my camera app and if it will ever be fixed :c

Last edited:
I don't think I updated any system apps. I noticed this bug almost immediately after I did a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu ROM. Also, I did try to clear the cache and delete the data of my camera app, but the bug is still there. I cannot find any way to "uninstall updates" for the camera app in app info.
I did answered your question

Please check back the previous conversation.

Or you may refer to the screenshot attachment below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-30-24-511_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-16-02-30-24-511_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 85
I did answered your question

Please check back the previous conversation.

Or you may refer to the screenshot attachment below.
Yea I just saw it coz it was on the first page. I already edited my reply.

Bruh wth is wrong with my Redmi K60? Can u check what version your camera app is running on?
ei boss, someone already flashed f5 pro to a k60 and all works, check it out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ei boss, someone already flashed f5 pro to a k60 and all works, check it out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Interesting. U can try it out and let me know how it goes for u. I'll probably just stick to the Xiaomi.eu ROM coz I prefer regular MIUI over the Poco Launcher.

Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) stock camera works flawless when running Global Stable by Xiaomi version 14.0.4.0 (TMNMIXM).
Awaiting unlock it to install Xiaomi.EU build.
I'll check it and feedback later but just remember that this forum is exclusive to discuss .EU builds. Xiaomi's bugs should be addressed direct to them!

Reactions: Jacometto
Poco F5 Pro (mondrian) stock camera works flawless when running Global Stable by Xiaomi version 14.0.4.0 (TMNMIXM).
Awaiting unlock it to install Xiaomi.EU build.
I'll check it and feedback later but just remember that this forum is exclusive to discuss .EU builds. Xiaomi's bugs should be addressed direct to them!
Yea, but I'm pretty sure this is a bug on Xiaomi.eu's part, not Xiaomi's. Like I mentioned in my post, I did not have this bug b4 I flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Yea, but I'm pretty sure this is a bug on Xiaomi.eu's part, not Xiaomi's. Like I mentioned in my post, I did not have this bug b4 I flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
After xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.23.5.15.DEV_v14-13.zip installed I don't confirm this issue.
My Xiaomi Stock Camera works flawless in the portrait and landscape mode.

Reactions: Jacometto
After xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.23.5.15.DEV_v14-13.zip installed I don't confirm this issue.
My Xiaomi Stock Camera works flawless in the portrait and landscape mode.
Yea well, u flashed the dev version. I'm on stable. The xiaomi.eu_multi_MONDRIAN_V14.0.24.0.TMNCNXM_v14-13.zip to be precise. But then again, I highly suspect that only my K60 for some reason has this issue as no one else has ever mentioned being in the same boat as me. So tbh, this bug could either be on Xiaomi's or Xiaomi.eu's part. I guess we'll never know and I'll have this bug forever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello. I have the same problem with the camera on my Mi10Pro. BUT i installed the update 12.2.4 -> 14.0.2.0. (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_V14.0.2.0.TJACNXM_v14-13). Later a new update came out and I installed it too (14.0.3.0. xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13). The problem with the camera remains.
I tried installing different versions of the camera app, but that didn't help (4.5.002680.0, 4.5.002790.2, 4.5.002830.0).

Reactions: Dumanoid
Hello. I have the same problem with the camera on my Mi10Pro. BUT i installed the update 12.2.4 -> 14.0.2.0. (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_V14.0.2.0.TJACNXM_v14-13). Later a new update came out and I installed it too (14.0.3.0. xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13). The problem with the camera remains.
I tried installing different versions of the camera app, but that didn't help (4.5.002680.0, 4.5.002790.2, 4.5.002830.0).
Hello,
I'm using a Mi 10 pro with Xiaomi EU MIUI 14.0.3.0 stable with the camera app Version 4.5.002790.2 everything works perfectly.

Hi everyone.

I have the same issue with my POCO F5 PRO 5G. I tell you my steps:

I started with stock original ROM --> No issue with camera in portrait/landscape mode.

Then I unlocked it and installed TWRP 3.7.0_12-RedmiK60_v7.8_A13 with Fastboot mode.

Then I made a Wipe -> Format Data (clean install) and installed Stable Xiaomi.eu 14.0.24.0 via TWRP --> Issue with portrait/landscape camera.

At this moment, I had to update the modem firmware because I were not able to make/receive call by gsm. After update, calls ok!

20 days later, I made a dirty install of Stable Xiaomi.eu 14.0.25.0 over the existing one 14.0.24.0 via TWRP --> The issue with portrait/landscape camera is still there.

Again, after installed this ROM update, I had to update the modem firmware again because I were not able to make/receive call by gsm. After update, calls ok!

The camera issue is the one reported here, i.e. all photos taken with the mobile phone in landscape mode are treated as if they were portrait, so when you want to see then, they are rotated and need to be edited individually to correct their orientation to landscape mode.

Thanks for your support!

Hi everyone.

I have the same issue with my POCO F5 PRO 5G. I tell you my steps:

I started with stock original ROM --> No issue with camera in portrait/landscape mode.

Then I unlocked it and installed TWRP 3.7.0_12-RedmiK60_v7.8_A13 with Fastboot mode.

Then I made a Wipe -> Format Data (clean install) and installed Stable Xiaomi.eu 14.0.24.0 via TWRP --> Issue with portrait/landscape camera.

At this moment, I had to update the modem firmware because I were not able to make/receive call by gsm. After update, calls ok!

20 days later, I made a dirty install of Stable Xiaomi.eu 14.0.25.0 over the existing one 14.0.24.0 via TWRP --> The issue with portrait/landscape camera is still there.

Again, after installed this ROM update, I had to update the modem firmware again because I were not able to make/receive call by gsm. After update, calls ok!

The camera issue is the one reported here, i.e. all photos taken with the mobile phone in landscape mode are treated as if they were portrait, so when you want to see then, they are rotated and need to be edited individually to correct their orientation to landscape mode.

Thanks for your support!
So that means you're still stuck with this camera bug and have not found a solution to fix it yet?

Yes, you are right.
I read the whole conversation, I have a question.
They released the new stable V14.Version 0.26....
Have you tried? Camera landscape mode fixed?
I can open the bootloader next week, I want to know if I flash a stable Rom or just weekly works fine?
Thanks if you respond....

I read the whole conversation, I have a question.
They released the new stable V14.Version 0.26....
Have you tried? Camera landscape mode fixed?
I can open the bootloader next week, I want to know if I flash a stable Rom or just weekly works fine?
Thanks if you respond....
Sorry. I haven't installed it yet, I'm still in 14.0.25.0 stable.

Cheers

Reactions: PeaceOne
PaceOne, Have you had problems with GSM calls? I mean, were you able to make GSM calls without any further installation? Or did you need to install GSM modem after firmware updated?

PaceOne, Have you had problems with GSM calls? I mean, were you able to make GSM calls without any further installation? Or did you need to install GSM modem after firmware updated?
Before installing, I replaced modem.img.
Perfect

I have installed 14.0.26.0 over 14.0.24.0 via TRWP, then modem.img (for gsm calls) via fastboot and all is working properly. As PaceOne said, there is no orientation issue present in my Pco F5 Pro 5G.

Anybody knows if there is a way to update modem.img by TWRP instead of Fastboot mode. I don't know if it is sure to unzip modem.zip to get modem.img and install this img by TRWP directly. I always have used fastboot mode to install modem.img, but I need a PC and a wire to do this... With TWRP would not need PC neither wire, only the mobile...

Thanks!

Reactions: PeaceOne
I have installed 14.0.26.0 over 14.0.24.0 via TRWP, then modem.img (for gsm calls) via fastboot and all is working properly. As PaceOne said, there is no orientation issue present in my Pco F5 Pro 5G.

Anybody knows if there is a way to update modem.img by TWRP instead of Fastboot mode. I don't know if it is sure to unzip modem.zip to get modem.img and install this img by TRWP directly. I always have used fastboot mode to install modem.img, but I need a PC and a wire to do this... With TWRP would not need PC neither wire, only the mobile...

Thanks!
I tried it with Poco f4 gt.
X-plore file manager makes it very simple.
I copied it from last week's dev to the latest weekly.
First I opened the new zip. (it should not be unpacked)
X-plore file manager and many similar two-window file managers allow you to delete modem.img from the images folder.
Then, in the other window, I accessed modem.img in last week's dev in the same way.
I simply moved/copied this to the new images folder.
The file manager does not modify it, just copy from the folder to the folder.
Ready. Then I tried it with TWRP. Success.
The same procedure from Global /EEA
I also tried it with Poco f5 pro. Managed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-30-06-43-05-616_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-30-06-43-05-616_com.miui.home.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2023-07-30-07-10-34-787_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-30-07-10-34-787_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230730_082909.jpg
    IMG_20230730_082909.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230730_082339.jpg
    IMG_20230730_082339.jpg