New Redmi Note 12 Turbo - Call Problems (POCO F5 chinese version)

for me after flashing without wipe, not working ;( same call drops, and not possible to receive calls sometimes

next i will try clean install

edit: clean install done, first tests looks pretty good, no drops
@andi_ Can you post here the content of the props files that we tried to change (vendor, system etc')? and you have now from the fresh install?
let compare them.

Only these lines have been changed
Thank you for your work, call drops really stopped. I've been doing numerous tests these past couple of days, and I only noticed one unusual thing - I have a little slower 4g/5g speeds and reception in places where I used to have full bars goes down to half or less than half. Do you think this can be related to the prop changes, or just bad reception on this particular day?

Thank you so much for fixing the calling issue for most of Xiaomi EU based roms. I would like to use this opportunity to ask, do you mind to explain a little bit more in detail how does those props change fix the calling issue and what's the root cause please? Thanks again.

Thank you for your work, call drops really stopped. I've been doing numerous tests these past couple of days, and I only noticed one unusual thing - I have a little slower 4g/5g speeds and reception in places where I used to have full bars goes down to half or less than half. Do you think this can be related to the prop changes, or just bad reception on this particular day?
This may be due to changes in the props, but I do not have such a problem.

Thank you so much for fixing the calling issue for most of Xiaomi EU based roms. I would like to use this opportunity to ask, do you mind to explain a little bit more in detail how does those props change fix the calling issue and what's the root cause please? Thanks again.
I do not have an exact answer, perhaps, depending on the model prescribed in prop, different modem settings are used (after changing the model, there were fewer problems, after changing other lines, the problem completely disappeared)

i have all those props but still i have drops...
Is it related to the fact that i can not get my sim card to be activated by Xiaomi?
i try to activate it but nothing happens, i checked everything (international sms, permissions and so no) but still can not get it to be active...

i have all those props but still i have drops...
Is it related to the fact that i can not get my sim card to be activated by Xiaomi?
i try to activate it but nothing happens, i checked everything (international sms, permissions and so no) but still can not get it to be active...
you have been told many times that formatting data is mandatory after editing prop

Hi, i read but i can't understand the steps. I have RN12T whit xiaomi.eu rom. What i must do to set this rom that i downloaded from 03.12.23. Can you please tell me step by step. Thanks.

Изпратено от моят M2012K11AG с помощта на Tapatalk

you have been told many times that formatting data is mandatory after editing prop
I understand, i was hopping to avoid wiping all the data...
@andi_ can you confirm that now you don't have any drops?

If this is the only solution i will do it.
Don't we know why we must do a clean install of the firmware? if we did we might know how to avoid doing a data wipe.

Thanks for helping!

I understand, i was hopping to avoid wiping all the data...
@andi_ can you confirm that now you don't have any drops?

If this is the only solution i will do it.
Don't we know why we must do a clean install of the firmware? if we did we might know how to avoid doing a data wipe.

Thanks for helping!
i can confirm, working perfect, no drops, also the time frame with no signal is gone, before i had often the problem that signal cant come Back,this is also solved.
i am really happy now :)

Hi, i read but i can't understand the steps. I have RN12T whit xiaomi.eu rom. What i must do to set this rom that i downloaded from 03.12.23. Can you please tell me step by step. Thanks.

Изпратено от моят M2012K11AG с помощта на Tapatalk
Easy steps:
1. Download custom Xiaomi EU build from Google drive link above
2. Install it
3. Format data via TWRP

yes. i confirm the issue has been solved . you need to do formatting .

Thanks Kosmosik. have you fix the issue in rom's made by XTB ?
XTBUI

I did not divide super.img into parts, if the installation freezes when formatting, just format the userdata manually

XTBUI

I did not divide super.img into parts, if the installation freezes when formatting, just format the userdata manually
really appreciated . will try it and let you know .

what will we do when there is an update made by developers like eu xiaomi in the future ?

also, do you have paypal account as a token of appreciation from us.

what will we do when there is an update made by developers like eu xiaomi in the future ?
He rebuilds after all the updates. You can always find the latest version on 4pda post
As for paypal, I doubt it, it's not available in Russia, so... Maybe he has some other ways like cryptо, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
i can confirm, working perfect, no drops, also the time frame with no signal is gone, before i had often the problem that signal cant come Back,this is also solved.
i am really happy now :)
i have done format data too and it seems to work!
Thanks!

So finally can someone give step by step details about the way to fix this bug ?
Would it be possible to include the fix directly in the next xiaomi.eu builds ?
1. download rom to PC ROM from Kosmosik96
2. unzip on PC
3. flash rom with fastboot mode (fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.)
4. finished

1. download rom to PC ROM from Kosmosik96
2. unzip on PC
3. flash rom with fastboot mode (fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.)
4. finished

sorry for noob question,

when there is new version from EU and Kosmosik96 makes a new update, is it possible to fastboot flash update without data format?

Do I flash the new EU rom then patched update, or just flash the patched ROM?

afraid that everytime new EU rom comes and need to format again.

Last edited:
sorry for noob question,

when there is new version from EU and Kosmosik96 makes a new update, is it possible to fastboot flash update without data format?

Do I flash the new EU rom then patched update, or just flash the patched ROM?

afraid that everytime new EU rom comes and need to format again.
Format is needed when coming from XEU to Kosmosik96 build.
When updating to a new version of Kosmosik build, format is not needed.
If you want to stay on Kosmosik build you don't have to flash XEU.

Reactions: aaur4man
Format is needed when coming from XEU to Kosmosik96 build.
When updating to a new version of Kosmosik build, format is not needed.
If you want to stay on Kosmosik build you don't have to flash XEU.
Hello I am currently running MIUI.TN custom rom as my Redmi Note 12 Turbo was sold with global rom for poco f5 and it had the calls & internet drops bug .

I would prefer running the xiaomi.eu but since it also includes the same bug, the official Xiaomi.eu rom is useless for now.
I am just wondering whether it is safe to install the Kosmosik96 ROM, and does anyone know why the fix included in this custom ROM is not merged in the official Xiaomi.eu rom ?