New Redmi Note 12 Turbo - Call Problems (POCO F5 chinese version)

andi_

Members
Jul 17, 2023
as discussed here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-for-redmi-note-12-turbo.68830/page-6

the chinese Version of the marble phone has issues with call drops on the xiaomi.eu ROM V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM, and on all other roms except Stock CN Rom.

so far, the xiaomi.eu ROM is the most useable rom for me, because USSD Codes are working, and signal fix is fast, and always network signal is available.
Only call drops are still available. but second call attempt succed most of the time.

it looks like, only "little steps" are missing

please help to find the root cause
@admin if the douple post is not needed please delete my post

edit: Logfile uploaded...
Logfile

Last edited:
thats what happen when you buy a China ROM phone meant for china and not your country! You are missing a certain telco band. For example, some part of Malaysia is running on Band 21 and Band 80. When this happen, u will have coverage issues.

thats what happen when you buy a China ROM phone meant for china and not your country! You are missing a certain telco band. For example, some part of Malaysia is running on Band 21 and Band 80. When this happen, u will have coverage issues.
Hi, i dont have coverage problems, because my Carrier use the same bands like the Phone has.

Call Drops are the biggest issue.

With CN Rom Signal is perfect and no call Drops...

It won't explain in the same country with the same sim card, China stock rom works perfectly but EU rom has such call problem.

Hi all, I'm struggling with the same issue here in Brazil in Vivo operator. I have noticed that an ApN named IMS came with the ROM. Although it was not selected, when I have deleted it, the connection improved immediately.
After some days I noticed a few signal drops, than I have turned off the VoLTE, let's hope this helps somehow.
In my case, when I loose signal, if I restart the phone, she signal is back at full power, so I don't think it's a band availability issue ..

Hello everyone, I have the same problem with drop calls. For the last 2 days I have been testing all available firmware versions, everything works stably only on CN but it is impossible to use it. A few hours ago I installed the Global firmware again and noticed that the problem was only with the 3G network. If the smartphone switches to 3g the network immediately drops, if you set the priority to 3g then it doesn’t work at all. Continuous network drop/recovery, drop/recovery.....
I installed a program that allows you to set the priority of the 4G/3G/2G network and for several days it works stably in 4G/2G mode (without 3G).

Hi all, I'm struggling with the same issue here in Brazil in Vivo operator. I have noticed that an ApN named IMS came with the ROM. Although it was not selected, when I have deleted it, the connection improved immediately.
After some days I noticed a few signal drops, than I have turned off the VoLTE, let's hope this helps somehow.
In my case, when I loose signal, if I restart the phone, she signal is back at full power, so I don't think it's a band availability issue ..
Yeah, after all steps above. It still dropping the signal. When the VoLTE is off, I can't do any call at all with the V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM ROM

Does these files below help in debugging the situation?

Thanks

Attachments

• ramdump_modem_2023-10-01_09-47-10_props.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ramdump_modem_2023-09-29_22-41-20_props.txt
    57.1 KB · Views: 72
Yeah, after all steps above. It still dropping the signal. When the VoLTE is off, I can't do any call at all with the V14.0.23.0.TMRCNXM ROM

Does these files below help in debugging the situation?

Thanks
I forgot to add that the band coverage in my country for my operator. There are only a few bands missing, so it should not be a issue..... right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-05-10-03-11-267_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-05-10-03-11-267_com.android.chrome.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 184
Hi guys
Any news about a fix for signal drop on xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 12 Turbo (China) ?
If it's not going to be available soon I will try to flash another custom ROM (MIUITN) meanwhile.
Thanks !

Reviving this to investigate.
I've looked through your log. Check if Google Voice Match is enabled.
If yes, disable it and reboot. Check if this solves the issue.

Reviving this to investigate.
I've looked through your log. Check if Google Voice Match is enabled.
If yes, disable it and reboot. Check if this solves the issue.
Thanks for your support!

I changed Google Voice Setting, and testet already a little bit.
It looks like its more stable now, i did many calls without a problem, but now i am back at my home, and i can reproduce the error again.

i collected a new logfile:
logfile V14.0.25.0.TMRCNXM

Thanks

Thanks for your support!

I changed Google Voice Setting, and testet already a little bit.
It looks like its more stable now, i did many calls without a problem, but now i am back at my home, and i can reproduce the error again.

i collected a new logfile:
logfile V14.0.25.0.TMRCNXM

Thanks
Try enabling Voice Match and setting it up, allow it to be used when the screen is off when asked.
When done, try activating the Google Assistant using your voice. If it works, try turning off the screen and activating it using your voice.
Let me know how it went.

Try enabling Voice Match and setting it up, allow it to be used when the screen is off when asked.
When done, try activating the Google Assistant using your voice. If it works, try turning off the screen and activating it using your voice.
Let me know how it went.
Enabling done, everything worked (training as well), "hey google" with screen off is working.

edit:
call drop reproducible, i collected a logfile, needed?

Enabling done, everything worked (training as well), "hey google" with screen off is working.

edit:
call drop reproducible, i collected a logfile, needed?
Sure, because I don't see the issue in your logs. I only see background crashes from Alexa.

Sure, because I don't see the issue in your logs. I only see background crashes from Alexa.

1) Did you record the log while reproducing the dropped call?
2) Are you connected to some Bluetooth device while this happens?
If yes,
a. Did you take the log while connected to it?
b. Did you try to make a call while Bluetooth is turned off completely?

1) yes
2) yes
2a yes
2b no => i will do and collect a logfile

edit:
already done ;)
FYI first call success, second fail
logfile with bluetooth off

I can see some low-level reset of the connection with the SIM card, but the log is missing that low-level detail.
Let's try something different.
Copy "StartLog.bat" to "StartLogRadio.bat" and open it with Notepad.
Change:
Code:
adb logcat > %LOGFILE%
To:
Code:
adb logcat -c
adb logcat -b radio > %LOGFILE%
Save, start it, and then reproduce the call drop.

I can see some low-level reset of the connection with the SIM card, but the log is missing that low-level detail.
Let's try something different.
Copy "StartLog.bat" to "StartLogRadio.bat" and open it with Notepad.
Change:
Code:
adb logcat > %LOGFILE%
To:
Code:
adb logcat -c
adb logcat -b radio > %LOGFILE%
Save, start it, and then reproduce the call drop.
logfile radio

A lot of Qualcomm-properietary stuff going on in there that I won't be able to decipher.
I do see 3 call failures:
Code:
E qcrilNrd: onDisconnect: call failure cause = 145 in struct: call_end_reason_enum_v02 in file: voice_service_common_v02.h
However, code 145 means CALL_END_CAUSE_NORMAL_CALL_CLEARING_V02, which is supposedly a normal end of call...

A lot of Qualcomm-properietary stuff going on in there that I won't be able to decipher.
I do see 3 call failures:
Code:
E qcrilNrd: onDisconnect: call failure cause = 145 in struct: call_end_reason_enum_v02 in file: voice_service_common_v02.h
However, code 145 means CALL_END_CAUSE_NORMAL_CALL_CLEARING_V02, which is supposedly a normal end of call...
Puh OK Sounds not good..

Another Idea, what could be the difference to the cn Rom?
In the other thread they talk about the product code change to poco f5 with eu rom, maybe this triggers a different procedure in qualcomm driver?

only a idea...

This help with network problem on RN 12 Turbo
1. Change model and code device from CN version:
odm/etc/marble_build.prop
vendor/marble_build.prop
2. Disable in vendor/build.prop:
persist.vendor.radio.dynamic_sar=0
persist.vendor.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0
3. Disable ramdump in system/build.prop:
persist.mtb.modemdump=false
persist.vendor.ssr.enable_ramdumps=0
4. Change in system_ext/etc/build.prop: