New Redmi Note 12 Turbo - Call Problems (POCO F5 chinese version)

in your file are those values: (looks like an override)
Code:
persist.vendor.radio.dynamic_sar=1
persist.vendor.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1
but in the guideline they should be 0

how about your tests? any update?
There are 2 "vendor" build props:
1) vendor/marble_build.prop
2) vendor/build.prop

the instructions says to replace the first one with the CN china ROM and to modify the second.
You are right that in the first file the CN version file (which replaced mine) the value of the
persist.vendor.radio.dynamic_sar=1
and not 0...
Should i change that too?

also:
persist.vendor.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1
in the vendor/marble_build.prop

Should i change that too?

I did change those values in the vendor/build.prop file, is that enough?

Testing:
I still have drops! maybe a little less but there are still here.
I sometimes see the 5G icon and signal strength is good but when i try to use internet on the phone it says not connected.
I see that the phone tries to connect but it can not so is drops the signal (i see the signal indicator shows 0 lines of reception) and then it goes up to 3-4bars of reception and sometimes it is like that for a few times until the phones manages to get a connection.

I also noticed that phone looks for the mobile networks when it happens (in the menu of the SIM you can set it to automatic or choose the network manually) if i set the network manually there are less drops.... i also noticed that when i set the mobile networks manually it asks me to drop the data connection because it needs to search for networks this is exactly what we experience as a drop maybe it is related. that can also explain why setting the network manually helps to reduce the drops.

we need to find a solution for the drops.... will more radio log files help?

What does the match result mean? what are the other possible result for the adb shell getprop persist.radio.skhwc_matchres command?

actually the instructions says to replace the device model and code only from the CN rom.
the model param is probably:
ro.product.vendor.model=marble

But what is the code param?
I think that there is a mix here.

The vendor/marble_build.prop that we got is from the MiuiTN CN Rom and is much bigger than the original one i had so there might be a mistake here with the files.

Can someone with the CN rom send his vendor/marble_build.prop file?

the question is, what could be the difference to CN rom :(
my feeling is, the modelnumber or something like this, triggers a different procedure for modem chipset... but its only a feeling ;)
the prop changes improved only a little bit.

@Igor Eisberg any tests i should do? to collect some data?

Update:
After changing the props in vendor/marble_build.prop to:
persist.vendor.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0
persist.vendor.radio.dynamic_sar=0

It seems to work well!

@Igor Eisberg can you confirm or contradict this prop change?

I will keep testing and update here

generally the performance is much better, for example, before it took sometimes really long to become signal, sometimes i had to reboot the phone.
This is now improved, also call drops are less now.

But there still here. Today i tried to reproduce the call drop again, and you can see on the status bar the network signal is changing during a call.
i have normally 4G, during a call it switches downwards to H sometimes H+ or E.
Always when i have a call drop it stays at shortly 3G and drops afterwards, then no signal and back to 4G....
Sometimes it sticks an H+ and dont switch back to 4G

Update:
After changing the props in vendor/marble_build.prop to:
persist.vendor.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0
persist.vendor.radio.dynamic_sar=0

It seems to work well!

@Igor Eisberg can you confirm or contradict this prop change?

I will keep testing and update here
That's not how it's set on China ROM, but... whatever works for you.
Don't have that device, so can't comment either way.

That's not how it's set on China ROM, but... whatever works for you.
Don't have that device, so can't comment either way.
thats the strange thing, xiaomi.eu is based on cn rom, with points are changed to poco from redmi? maybe on another place in rom? because in china there is no poco f5, should we focus on that?

Lots of people on 4pda have. I have no need for it as I have a POCO F5, not RN12T.

XEU rebuilt their ROM again, so...
XEU from 03.12.23 with connectivity drops fix for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

Note that coming from official XEU to this version you'll have to do format data due to changes in system props. otherwise it won't load.
do you have a changelog for second rebuilt? thanks

edit:

i think i found Something on 4pda: translated from russian with google translate , looks like only for play store issue
Corrected firmware for Redmi Note 12 Turbo, added by xiaomi.eu from 12/03/23 (nothing new, most likely certification fixes again)

Last edited:
do you have a changelog for second rebuilt? thanks

edit:

i think i found Something on 4pda: translated from russian with google translate , looks like only for play store issue
No changes in the rebuild by kosmosik96. Changes were in the original Xiaomi.EU rebuild for playintegrity fix (bypass apk didn't install sometimes)

Lots of people on 4pda have. I have no need for it as I have a POCO F5, not RN12T.

XEU rebuilt their ROM again, so...
XEU from 03.12.23 with connectivity drops fix for Redmi Note 12 Turbo

Note that coming from official XEU to this version you'll have to do format data due to changes in system props. otherwise it won't load.
I am testing as of now it seems to be working no drops!

I am testing as of now it seems to be working no drops!
how did you install? with wipe or just update?
if its working for you, then something else must be changed except props...
maybe i will try also.. how long did you test so far?

thanks

thanks
without wipe just install it as regular firmware update!

thanks
Info from kosmosik96:
Recommended clean install. Without it network drop fix is not guaranteed, 50/50.

Info from kosmosik96:
Recommended clean install. Without it network drop fix is not guaranteed, 50/50.
Can Mr. Kosmosik96 give instructions what exactly should be changed in the props and/or other files? It's interesting that people above tried to change props and it still didn't fix it for them. What's changed so it requires a new flash?

it seems to be working for me! will keep testing
for me after flashing without wipe, not working ;( same call drops, and not possible to receive calls sometimes

next i will try clean install

edit: clean install done, first tests looks pretty good, no drops

Last edited:
Reactions: melquishilario
for me after flashing without wipe, not working ;( same call drops, and not possible to receive calls sometimes

next i will try clean install

edit: clean install done, first tests looks pretty good, no drops
I had one drop today, but i am not sure its the phone as i was in a place with no reception...

please, keep updating

Reactions: melquishilario