Redmi Note 3 "kate" Arriving- Will It Be Good, Or Will I Need To Flash?

conanthewarrior

Members
Nov 4, 2016
Hello everyone.

I have a Redmi note 3 on the way from Gearbest, the "kate" model, and I am in the UK.

EDIT: It says The ROM on this Phone supports OTA and is multi language.

It states that google play comes pre installed, so I wondered will I be able to get a good experience with the phone straight out of the box, or will I need to flash a new ROM to the phone?

This will be my first Xiaomi phone and I am looking forward too it, it was sent as a gift to me but I see I may have to do some work to get the phone working, as it appears some phones come with gearbests own ROM installed.

Thanks for your help, Conan.

You can put new rom on ur phone.
If I had the version you have, I'd send it back. lol
Starting with the covers, glass, ROM's ... it's very hard to find, because of the size it has.

You can put new rom on ur phone.
If I had the version you have, I'd send it back. lol
Starting with the covers, glass, ROM's ... it's very hard to find, because of the size it has.
It did not cost me anything lol, so can't really send it back as that would seem ungrateful to the company- but I need not anyway as I am happy :).

I must say, it has exceeded my expectations, and come with MIUI 7 Global stable, I updated OTA to MIUI 8 Global, running on android 6.0.1. It did not come with gearbests own rom as I had read online, which I am glad about. I could not select the UK during setup though, so chose another EU country and changed the time in the settings- location seems to be fine as it is using the location I am picking up via signal.

Everything works well, I was worried I would need to flash a different ROM to get good performance, but everything I need works well already, and all google apps run fine and I can use OTA updates which was my main concern really.

I have fitted a generic 5.5 Inch tempered glass screen protector- I did order a specific one for the Note 3, but the ebay seller sent some generic ones. The main thing is it fits though lol.

I definitely see myself getting another Xiaomi phone in the future, and am surprised there is no UK stockists of these phones. I previously used Motorola Moto G's, as I found these very good value for money, but this even tops that!