Redmi Note 3 - Neeed Sms To Unlock - Every Apps 'just Stopped Unfortunately'

NnuxX

Members
Jun 7, 2016
Hello,

I was so happy went I bought my Redmi Note 3 last year, that as soon as my mom asked my opinion to buy her a new Cell phone, I immediately told her to by a equal.

My RD Note3 came with MIUI 7.0.22.0 (LHNCNCJ), and, since i have zero problems with it, i've been postponing the upgrade to a more recent ROM.
(even tho using system update, it doesnt detect any available upgrade, but that doesnt bother me, since I applyed for the SMS to unlock the boot ROM, and will do it in the near future).

So, about 3 months after buying my phone, I bought another Redmi Note 3 as a gift to my mother. This one came with ROM MIUI 7.0.19 (LHNCNCJ), and full of problems, any 'gApp' wont start, can't even add her google account to device, have a popup 'System settings stopped unfortunately', even system updater crashes... Basically she just cant' use it for anything besides a nice paperweight.

I opened a Mi Account for my mom, so she could apply for unlocking the boot partition, and I would upgrade the ROM to the same I have, or even a more recent one, hopping it would resolve the errors.
(her account is allready associated to her phone number)

Since Mar/2016 we've been waiting for her to receive the SMS to unlock her phone, still to no avail, and she is still using the 'old' phone...

Can anyone advice me hown can i solve this?

Thank you,

Update the rom using a PC. It will wipe the data so backup.
There are roms that can be flashed with a flashtool using a PC and for a lock bootloader.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Update the rom using a PC. It will wipe the data so backup.
There are roms that can be flashed with a flashtool using a PC and for a lock bootloader.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can you be more specific, please?

What flashtool can 'bypass' the locked bootloader?

Thx.

Thank you for your reply.
I already tried with MIPCSuite, but it gets to a point, where it says I have to use MI unlock tool. Can you be more specific, please?
What flashtool can 'bypass' the locked bootloader?

I never recived the sms and I unlocked the phone. Download miflash unlock tool, enable usb debugging and oem unlock under developer options. Put the phone im fastboot mode and log in with the same mi account into miflash unlock tool. Miflash will check if your account has been verified for unlock and let you proceed if you are verified

After login with my mom's account in 'Mi Flash Unlock v1.1.0317.1_en', i only get the error:

"Your device isn't supported my Mi Unlock.
Go to unlock,update.miui.com to apply for Mi Unlock support and view the progress"

I just re-applyed for the unlock code... again...

By now, my mom's desperate to get a new phone "but not a Xiaomi", she says :-(

And I'm really frustrated with Xioami support... :(

You actually don't need an unlocked bootloader to flash a stock rom. You need to download a fastboot rom from en.miui.com and use miflash tool (not mipc suite). Is your redmi note 3 MTK or snapdragon version?

Last edited:
Sucess!! :)
I finally was able to upgrade the rom using this tutorial: (sorry, i still "cant post links or email addresses TO PREVENT SPAM"(???)
-If someone need it, look for "Official Xiaomi.eu ROM V7.2.3.0 Stable Rooted by JamFlux" in this forum.

I have tried it before, but it keep giving an error about 'Problems with connection cable, maybe the power was down on the device' (can't remember now exact error)...

Today, after installing Mi pc Suite, on a Windows 10, when i connected my mom's phone, a popup showed "you need to install some drivers..." It auto downloaded the drivers, and only then , i was able to use 'SP-Flash-Tool-v5.1532.00' and installed the 'Xiaomi.eu_V7.2.3.0.LHNCNDA'

Thank you MIUINewbie for your help tho, appreciated :) (It's a MKT)

Reactions: MIUInewbie
Then my tutorial wouldn't have helped, I have the SD version :)
Yes, mi pc suite installs drivers automatically and it's best to use win10 as other windows usually give errors. Sorry, didn't think of that before...