Redmi Note 3 Pro Kate Loses Signal And Connection

Ca Em

Members
May 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'd need some help with my Note 3 global KATE, please.
I bought it around three months ago, I was super happy with the phone. However, after around three weeks the problems started. I travel quite a bit through Europe and on a regular basis. My phone however, doesn't seem to be enjoying that.

As soon as I cross a border, it loses signal. After around 30, if I'm lucky, it picks up the signal from whatever country I'm in, but I have no internet. I know you have to put in the APN and all that but even then it won't work. I put in around 15 different APN settings for different providers in different countries, but I still had no signal.
As the EU is just about to scrap roaming costs which allows me to keep just my UK SIM card activated, I'm obviously quite frustrated. After a few weeks the phone started losing the signal within the UK as well. Suddenly it notifies me that there is no signal.

I tried to return the phone, but due to a slight mishap it's got a small scratch on one of the edges so I they wouldn't accept a return.
I had this issue with my previous Xiaomi as well, but after playing with some settings it worked. This one however, despite being a "global" version, makes even more trouble.

Any ideas what I could do? I love Xiaomi but this is just absolutely frustrating and makes me wanna smash my phone.

Hello everyone,

I'd need some help with my Note 3 global KATE, please.
I bought it around three months ago, I was super happy with the phone. However, after around three weeks the problems started. I travel quite a bit through Europe and on a regular basis. My phone however, doesn't seem to be enjoying that.

As soon as I cross a border, it loses signal. After around 30, if I'm lucky, it picks up the signal from whatever country I'm in, but I have no internet. I know you have to put in the APN and all that but even then it won't work. I put in around 15 different APN settings for different providers in different countries, but I still had no signal.
As the EU is just about to scrap roaming costs which allows me to keep just my UK SIM card activated, I'm obviously quite frustrated. After a few weeks the phone started losing the signal within the UK as well. Suddenly it notifies me that there is no signal.

I tried to return the phone, but due to a slight mishap it's got a small scratch on one of the edges so I they wouldn't accept a return.
I had this issue with my previous Xiaomi as well, but after playing with some settings it worked. This one however, despite being a "global" version, makes even more trouble.

Any ideas what I could do? I love Xiaomi but this is just absolutely frustrating and makes me wanna smash my phone.
I have Kate too but I don't travel like at all so I can't reproduce the problem by travelling outside if Finland.
What I would do is delete all the APN settings and create a new one with your UK operator one and see if that works. Triple check that the settings are correct.

I've done that so many times, did a factory reset on my phone and all. The biggest problem appear to be the connection abroad. After a while the phone does pick up signal but I still can't use the internet. I put in some APN settings for the providers the phone susally connects to in other countries, still no change.

This really bugs me as, apart from never having any internet when I leave the UK, I thought I could my English SIM for a while when moving to Finland in the summer as pre-paid cards are so expensive there. So after having the same issue, though not quite to this degree with my Redmi Note 1, I decided to buy an "international" version of a later Xiaomi, and now it's even worse.

I have Kate too but I don't travel like at all so I can't reproduce the problem by travelling outside if Finland.
What I would do is delete all the APN settings and create a new one with your UK operator one and see if that works. Triple check that the settings are correct.