New [Redmi Note 7] encryted data during update

EagleDig

Members
Aug 7, 2018
Hello,

I tryed to update my system to 9.12.5 on my Redmi Note 7.

During installation, I was asked for a password to decrypt the storage when I never chose a password, the instalation failed, I restarted the phone and it asks me again the password to access to Android, I never chose a password. What to do to recover my data? Thank you

Reactions: Moonlight75
Hello,

During installation, I was asked for a password to decrypt the storage when I never chose a password, the instalation failed, I restarted the phone and it asks me again the password to access to Android, I never chose a password. What to do to recover my data? Thank you
Same situation for me

Hello,

you can try a different TWRP, because this is where issue is coming from.
Follow weekly topic here. many people have concern oh this.
Don't forget you are installing BETA custom rom, so trouble can surface sometime. We all faced this situation a day.

I had the same situation. I returned the phone to the previous version with twrp. I couldn't upload my new version.

I'm reading many messages about this problem and due to this I'll not update. any solution?

Hi to everybody.
I had your same problems: encrypted Internal Storage during update... And the Only solution was a Full Wipe, including the Internal Storage.
My solution (I'm actually on 9.12.5) is changing the recovery, from the official TWRP to the 'Orange Fox' project... I've choosed the Stable One.
Now everything is Fine, and no more problems with encryption!

Reactions: Aybabtu
Thanks, but I have china Lavender, I think Orange Fox is only for Global ?
Now my storage is wipe, the system works, I can't update system, TWRP asked for a password to decrypt the storage again, no finger print, no pin code etc.
I'm on TWRP 3.3.1.

Hi to everybody.
I had your same problems: encrypted Internal Storage during update... And the Only solution was a Full Wipe, including the Internal Storage.
My solution (I'm actually on 9.12.5) is changing the recovery, from the official TWRP to the 'Orange Fox' project... I've choosed the Stable One.
Now everything is Fine, and no more problems with encryption!
ok i'll try this thx