Redmi Note 7 Pro not booting after flashing weekly Miui 12 build.

ItsMeMora

Members
May 4, 2020
My phone was running Miui 11 latest stable build from here, I thought it would be easy to just flash it via TWRP as the instructions on the website said, flashing went without problems and rebooted, but now it doesn't boot. It's stuck into the Redmi logo

Any help will be appreciated, I hope a format isn't needed.

My phone was running Miui 11 latest stable build from here, I thought it would be easy to just flash it via TWRP as the instructions on the website said, flashing went without problems and rebooted, but now it doesn't boot. It's stuck into the Redmi logo

Any help will be appreciated, I hope a format isn't needed.
thr website? said:
-format data!
read it twice in order to understand.

thr website? said:
-format data!
read it twice in order to understand.
I just saw the part that said
Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Anyways very helpful ty.

I just saw the part that said
Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Anyways very helpful ty.
OK but your phone is system_root and you are forced to format if first flash is not succesfull..
sorry!

ya can go to twrp, wipe, select to wipe data, and then copy the rom to internal storage and flash it :)

ya can go to twrp, wipe, select to wipe data, and then copy the rom to internal storage and flash it :)
I couldn't find a way to boot into twrp, vol up + power wasn't working so I'm flashing a fastboot rom on the PC and then going back to Xiaomi eu

Just a question, would "Format data" had absolutely gotten rid of everything on the internal memory? Or would my personal files be safe?
everything goes bye-bye :) do a backup... but since you are installing a full official rom already, i think your data is already gone

everything goes bye-bye :) do a backup... but since you are installing a full official rom already, i think your data is already gone
Yeah I had no other option but to wipe, the phone kept booting to the Mi Recovery, I'll try to be more careful next time.