Redmi Note 9 S battery

joselete

Members
Apr 25, 2020
Good morning everyone.

I have the Redmi N0te 9S 6GB recently and it seems to me that it has a great battery consumption.
When I charge it 100% it marks me in the app of the battery that I have for about 42 hours.

With a battery of 5000 I see too little for the use that I give it.
I have done a factory reset from the mobile in case there was an application on the other mobile that is affecting it.
But more or less it remains the same.

I have been with the mobile for 1 day and 4 hours and it is 64% with the following consumption:
andoid system 34%
waiting 14.3%
idle phone 13.6%
12.7% screen with 1 hour and 10 minutes
and then applications like google play 2% service etc.

I only have installed the whastapp and the GSam battery monitor to see the consumes in case I got something clear.

I don't know if this is normal or I have a problem with the mobile hardware with the battery.

What do you think?

Thank you very much to all.

Good morning everyone.

I have the Redmi N0te 9S 6GB recently and it seems to me that it has a great battery consumption.
When I charge it 100% it marks me in the app of the battery that I have for about 42 hours.

With a battery of 5000 I see too little for the use that I give it.
I have done a factory reset from the mobile in case there was an application on the other mobile that is affecting it.
But more or less it remains the same.

I have been with the mobile for 1 day and 4 hours and it is 64% with the following consumption:
andoid system 34%
waiting 14.3%
idle phone 13.6%
12.7% screen with 1 hour and 10 minutes
and then applications like google play 2% service etc.

I only have installed the whastapp and the GSam battery monitor to see the consumes in case I got something clear.

I don't know if this is normal or I have a problem with the mobile hardware with the battery.

What do you think?

Thank you very much to all.
Hello,
I've just moved to Eu rom and as result battery last long.
1day 20h and 70% remaining with 5h30 screen on. ''(no gaming)
No more Android system drain!
And stand by is almost flat curve. (the most we can trust the fuzzy battery usage stat tool.)
Much better than the Redmi 8 I have these days to compare with. (still Android 9 but not bad)
I am sure this is a good phone.

Hello,
I've just moved to Eu rom and as result battery last long.
1day 20h and 70% remaining with 5h30 screen on. ''(no gaming)
No more Android system drain!
And stand by is almost flat curve. (the most we can trust the fuzzy battery usage stat tool.)
Much better than the Redmi 8 I have these days to compare with. (still Android 9 but not bad)
I am sure this is a good phone.

Thanks for write

The battery before putting the Eu rom lasted you like mine?

I say this because I want to establish if it is a physical problem of the phone and they have to change it or it is a software problem that with the Eu rom solves the problem a lot.

Another question is:
Do I lose the guarantee if I put the Eu rom?

Seeing how long it lasts with more than 4 hours of screen and 16 hours more in total you have more percentage of battery than me.

I know I have a problem from what you just told me but I would like to know if it is hardware and I have to change it or it is software and with the Eu rom it is solved.

Thank you very much to all

Thanks for write

The battery before putting the Eu rom lasted you like mine?

I say this because I want to establish if it is a physical problem of the phone and they have to change it or it is a software problem that with the Eu rom solves the problem a lot.

Another question is:
Do I lose the guarantee if I put the Eu rom?

Seeing how long it lasts with more than 4 hours of screen and 16 hours more in total you have more percentage of battery than me.

I know I have a problem from what you just told me but I would like to know if it is hardware and I have to change it or it is software and with the Eu rom it is solved.

Thank you very much to all
Stay with stock rom for some time. It will stabilize and give you better numbers. android optimization needs some days to settle.
Unlocking bootloader doesn't void warranty.
And in some days you'll get official MUIU12 that can give some improvement.
Be patient.

Stay with stock rom for some time. It will stabilize and give you better numbers. android optimization needs some days to settle.
Unlocking bootloader doesn't void warranty.
And in some days you'll get official MUIU12 that can give some improvement.
Be patient.

Good.

Thank you very much for writing.
It is true that the battery lasts a little longer on the first charge but I still see a battery drain at rest.
I was undecided whether to return it since I have 15 days. But I will wait for the new update of the MIUI 12 and if not I always have the option of Xiaomi.EU.

Thank you very much for the help

Hi.

Seeing the review and that it lasts 127 hours with a use of navigation, watching videos and calls, it is clear that I have a problem with the battery of the phone.
To me with this use:
I have been with it for 4 days and it is at 8%.
Keep in mind that I have hardly used it and this is some of the statistics that it consumes according to the default application.

The game "make it true" with 50.65% and 17 minutes of games.
Android system 17.5%
Waiting 7.26%
Inactive phone 6.92%
Screen 4.38% and with 2 hours and 47 minutes.
Others 11.73%

The application should not measure well since the game is impossible to be 50% with the time I have played and I know, because I have looked at the battery level and it has not consumed 50%.
It is also true that the application only measures 2 days more or less, the rest is obvious

Hi.

Seeing the review and that it lasts 127 hours with a use of navigation, watching videos and calls, it is clear that I have a problem with the battery of the phone.
To me with this use:
I have been with it for 4 days and it is at 8%.
Keep in mind that I have hardly used it and this is some of the statistics that it consumes according to the default application.

The game "make it true" with 50.65% and 17 minutes of games.
Android system 17.5%
Waiting 7.26%
Inactive phone 6.92%
Screen 4.38% and with 2 hours and 47 minutes.
Others 11.73%

The application should not measure well since the game is impossible to be 50% with the time I have played and I know, because I have looked at the battery level and it has not consumed 50%.
It is also true that the application only measures 2 days more or less, the rest is obvious
battery stat application is reporting false information.
I don't trust it at all.
eg:50% with 17 mn game is not possible.
to be sure switch the value from % to mAh and check the results.
I made that on my other phone and got a total of some 6000 MAh at 40% remaining battery. (nominal bat was 4000 mah!)
Do it and add all values together and you'll understand what I explain.
This tool is bs!