Redmi Pro And Big Problems With Drivers

quercusile

Members
Feb 15, 2017
I have my Redmi Pro from last February 14th. I ask inmediatelly to Xiaomi for the bootloader unlock and I am still waiting (I have to re-apply for my request because first time it was denied!).
Meanwhile, I have tried to connect my Redmi Pro to two different laptops, both with windows 10 and in both case with signature for drivers disconnected. Also in both cases, the phone can not be seen by the laptops. If I activate the PTP (transfer photos protocol), the laptop sees the phone; but with the MTP protocol, it can not see it. I have also installed in the laptops the adb drivers, I have activated the fastboot mode just to see if the pc can see the phone in fastboot, but it is not possible.
My version of MIUI is the last chinase developer (MIUI 8.7.2.16 bETA). I have activated in the phone de USB debugging under Developer options.
What am I doing wrong? I am really dissapointed with this phone. Nothing seems to work well.
Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

The problem with the MTP in Windows 10 can be easily repaired.
- plug your phone in USB file transfer (ovc. debuging usb on in developer mode).
- open device manager in Windows, find mtp device, can be hidden (check the "Show hidden")
- update the driver manually choosing from the available devices "Digital Multimedia Device"
- select MTP USB device
-it all works properly :)

Reactions: Morvarid