Refurbished Mi 5s?

Valeriuz

Members
Jan 6, 2017
Hi guys,
I've discovered that one of the two Mi 5s ordered has the bootloader already unlock. Bought from G******.
Original firmware 8.0.3 installed, Imei is the same of the box, as serial number.

Could it be refurbished?
Estetically is also perfect, condition as new, pretty strange to find a bootloader already unlocked, first time.

If you reboot in fastboot, what does 'fastboot oem device-info' say?

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

If you reboot in fastboot, what does 'fastboot oem device-info' say?

It says that device is unlocked (unlocked : true).

Wondering if there is a way to discover if it is refurbished...

It says that device is unlocked (unlocked : true).

Wondering if there is a way to discover if it is refurbished...
Well, if the seller lock it, you won t see. No way to see who unlocked it.

Why do you think it was refurbished? Unlocked boot loader has nothing to do with phone refurbishment. More important check that it is not link to someone MI account.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Why do you think it was refurbished? Unlocked boot loader has nothing to do with phone refurbishment. More important check that it is not link to someone MI account.

Unlock means configured by human, then remove mi account, then reset. Not the same as flashing a rom with a engineering cable before shipping.

You do not need engineering cable to flash a rom. It could be helpful in some situations with Qualcomm chips and vendor "locked" EDL mode, but in most cases you do not need it.

I would assume that seller would lock back bootloader if it refurbish phone. It is rather easy by flashing standard original ROM. But you may have a point. If it is lazy, it may simply reset without proper reflash. BTW, if you unlock bootloader most of Chinese sellers will not accept it back

My new mi5s was unlocked to start with as the retailer put a vendor rom on there so they need to unlock the bootloader to do that.

Thank you for the replies.

I will try to open the phone and see if there are extra information written upon the battery.

Thank you for the replies.

I will try to open the phone and see if there are extra information written upon the battery.
Look at the warranty stickers on the screw heads..