Regarding WiFi and Bluetooth issues Redmi Note 8

Avrockz11

Members
Feb 1, 2021
I am currently using MIUI 12 stock rom on my redmi note 8. You might have experienced the poor performance of both WiFi and Bluetooth while they are running simultaneously. I heavily rely on Bluetooth audio and WiFi connectivity. I want to know if there is any such issue related to the Xiaomi EU rom as I'm considering to switch.Thanks in advance

It's much better on MIUI12.5, I had working BT for the first time on this device. There is still a slowdown in Wifi which is to be expected but it is usable. I highly recommend the weeklies - I am using 21.01.28 at the moment.

Reactions: Avrockz11
It's much better on MIUI12.5, I had working BT for the first time on this device. There is still a slowdown in Wifi which is to be expected but it is usable. I highly recommend the weeklies - I am using 21.01.28 at the moment.
Just for the information, is WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth issue related to the firmware or hardware aspect of the device

Just for the information, is WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth issue related to the firmware or hardware aspect of the device
Well there is a hardware limitation on 2.4GHz bandwidth since they use the same frequencies, but how it is handled is up to the software. For years phone have both Wifi and BT living together.

Well there is a hardware limitation on 2.4GHz bandwidth since they use the same frequencies, but how it is handled is up to the software. For years phone have both Wifi and BT living together.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll take up on your advice and install the weekly builds once the unlock period is finished.

Here to give an update.
I have installed Xiaomi EU weekly builds on my Redmi Note 8 and have been using it for a week. I am very happy with this ROM as it has no issues that was related to WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity present in stock MIUI. Only complain i have is some janky animations and I think that is because of the fact that it being a beta build. Hope they would be fixed in the coming builds. Very much recommend this ROM for anyone who is looking for the best flavour of MIUI

Here to give an update.
I have installed Xiaomi EU weekly builds on my Redmi Note 8 and have been using it for a week. I am very happy with this ROM as it has no issues that was related to WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity present in stock MIUI. Only complain i have is some janky animations and I think that is because of the fact that it being a beta build. Hope they would be fixed in the coming builds. Very much recommend this ROM for anyone who is looking for the best flavour of MIUI

Told ya :D.

But the slight delays here and there in the animations I think are due to quite a few higher end options being activated on our not so snappy device it might get better but even if not I agree this is the best MIUI flavor for our device.

• Love