Remove gapps safely Miui 10 / Redmi 5 Plus

xddd

Members
Jan 18, 2012
Hi guys!

I tried to remove all gapps from latest stable firmware but it ends in bootloop (/system/app & /system/priv-app)

Does anyone know how to remove ALL gapps (Google Play and Services also) safely?

For the record: I was using chinese rom, gapps free but it has notification errors.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You can "freeze" all Google apps without problems. This requires rooted phone and apps like eg. Link2SD or TitaniumBackup.

This method does neither delete anything nor break your Google Pay certification in case you want to unfreeze gapps and reanimate Google.

That's right, I know that.

I wanted to remove also those apk safely, without breaking rom.

I had to freeze all of them, but I just want to remove also the apk.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

You can't remove (delete) gapps without breaking SafetyNet seal. Even if you try to remount /system partition to write mode you will lose your certification.

If you don't need the certification you can delete the unwanted .apk files. But be careful. First freeze unwanted apps and reboot to see weather phone gets issues. Take also a look at system logcat. In a second step you should rename your unwanted .apk files to .apk~ and reboot. In case of bootloop you can go back to TWRP and undo renaming. If your system works as expected you can safely move the whole directory of renamed apps to sdcard (in case you want to undo changes).