Replace internal memory by SD card

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
Replace file vold.fstab in the folder system /etc and set permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot your phone...

PS: You have to insert your SD card before...

JNE2gJP.png

Attachments

• vold.fstab-unzip-me.zip
    622 bytes · Views: 17,561
I am new, still have not the mobile, but i wanted to know if to make this, it needs to root before or install some other rom, or it can be done just when take mobile out of the box?
Thanks in advanced

Hi! This is my first post, and it won't be the last one. Does this "hack" mean that App2SD app is not needed?

Thanks in advance

Anybody can help how can I revert back? After installing latest weekly build SD is the default phone storage.

Anybody can help how can I revert back? After installing latest weekly build SD is the default phone storage.

I once saw an option like 'swap SD' in a touch recovery for Hongmi but currently I am on CWM recovery because with the other the backup was not working.
Anyway not sure if this does the right thing.

I cannot upload the original file as I am also on 3.11.29 :confused:

But why do you want to revert?

hi, there is a way to install always all apps on phone storage (sd card) and not in the internal archive? because big apps like asphalt 8 can't install now

I also want to go back. ingbrzy, Please upload the original file.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

hi, there is a way to install always all apps on phone storage (sd card) and not in the internal archive? because big apps like asphalt 8 can't install now
You mean to store them in your external sd card and not in the phone memory. If so by installing root browser app from play store, that is happening automatically.

I once saw an option like 'swap SD' in a touch recovery for Hongmi but currently I am on CWM recovery because with the other the backup was not working.
Anyway not sure if this does the right thing.

I cannot upload the original file as I am also on 3.11.29 :confused:

But why do you want to revert?
This option is also available in cwm recovery in partition sd option

Reactions: Sahil Khan
so if we replace this file all apps are going to install sd card?nothing else to do?only replace right?

For JHBCNAL5.0 used this:

Code:
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
thanks siba01 of miui.es