Replace internal memory by SD card

Hi I ha a
Hongmi red rice mod HM 1W
Android version 4.2.2 HM2013023
Miui version MIUI-JHBCNAL5.0
which is the file vold that I have to use?
thanks

[Цитата = "gennyx93, сообщение: 199478, членом: 99103"] Привет я га'S
Hongmi красный рис мод HM 1W
Android-версия 4.2.2 HM2013023
Miui версия MIUI-JHBCNAL5.0
который является файл Vold, что я должен использовать?
благодаря [/ цитата]
Используйте это https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fm73dxz5sdblxs/vold.fstab

Reactions: gennyx93
Which file should I use to mount as System Storage - SD Card(16GB) ?
And NOT as System Storage - Phone Storage(16GB).
I'm on JHBCNAL5.0 ROM.

Last edited:
[цитата = "gennyx93, сообщение: 199543, членом: 99103"] @ [USER = 100561] Дантон [/ USER], когда я загрузить файл это приводит 0 байт :/ [/ цитата]
with this file I have this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-27-19-18-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-27-19-18-15.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 589
Many thanks.

Need to grant access to superuser to enable su during boot

Thanks again

Jhbsgba12.0
Hm1w
4.2.2 hm2013023

Last edited:
It seems like the apps are still being installed into the internal storage ( 2. 11 gig) rather than my phone storage ( 15.91 gig)

My internal storage now is left with 0.98 gig and 14 gig on phone storage

hi this is the first time i write in forum, i believe im correct on this, please advise if im wrong in the guide.

1) root your device thus you granted access to view system file and edit
2) copy vold.fstab in system /etc and rename the original as old.vold.fstab in case you edit wrongly.
3) change the mount device sequence in vold.fstab file from

to this, basically swapping the A to B and B to A.

4) set permission to the file to rw-r--r-- which is chmod 644 vold.fstab in unix command or if there are any software that allow you to change permission using GUI please use it.
5) save and reboot phone.

how exactly do i copy the vold.fstab in system /etc, I can't find it via the removable disk when it's plugged in via usb..

Also how are the permissions set to the rw-r--r-- file?

Ok so I replaced the vold.fstab file in system/etc,

i then changed permissions although nothing happened...

i tried to change the vold.fstab file but when i edit the text and try to save i root brwoser gives me an error "an error occured when trying to save"

Ok so I replaced the vold.fstab file in system/etc,

i then changed permissions although nothing happened...

i tried to change the vold.fstab file but when i edit the text and try to save i root brwoser gives me an error "an error occured when trying to save"

Ok i got it working but when i install an app it installs to internal memory not the external SD..

1. rooted
2. replaced voldfstab in /system /etc
3. opened vold.stab in es file explorer text editor and changed parameters to

"dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host"

and saved.

4. rebooted.

system storage is not 2.14GB

phone storage is 7.42GB (8GB) sd card

Last edited:
Replace file vold.fstab in the folder system /etc and set permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot your phone...

PS: You have to insert your SD card before...

Hi Master,

My anroid version is 4.2.2 HM2013023

My MIUI version is MIUI-JHBCNAL25.0

Is the attached vold.fstab file good for me?

Thanks..

This version never existed.

What does mean "This version never existed? Isn't this an official rom? If so, what is this? An unofficial rom? Can the device be fake? I checked it with AnTuTu and Mobileuncle, it seems as score 16,554, processor MT6589T, resolution 1280 × 720.

Last edited:
What does mean "This version never existed? Isn't this an official rom? If so, what is this? An unofficial rom? Can the device be fake? I checked it with AnTuTu and Mobileuncle, it seems as score 16,554, processor MT6589T, resolution 1280 × 720.
I dont know what is it, but xiaomi never released rom with such version

mine are strange.after i replace it..my system storage show 2.0 gb ,but my phone storage show nothing,and my sd card is detected normally..can someone help me

mine are strange.after i replace it..my system storage show 2.0 gb ,but my phone storage show nothing,and my sd card is detected normally..can someone help me

Like yours, my phone storage wasn't mounted according to settings/storage and attempting to rerad it in a file manager led to "unable to mount".
I THINK the correct editing of the vold.fstab file is like this (please make abackup of your working vold.fstab before editing as I'm not absolutely sure about this edit)

Code:
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host

Now I can mount the phone storage again in a file manager - in settings, phone storage is now reflected like my sdcard capacity and SD card is reflected like phone storage.

I can't be sure that apps are being applied to the card though. If anyone can shed more light on this, please do so.

Like yours, my phone storage wasn't mounted according to settings/storage and attempting to rerad it in a file manager led to "unable to mount".
I THINK the correct editing of the vold.fstab file is like this (please make abackup of your working vold.fstab before editing as I'm not absolutely sure about this edit)

Code:
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard0 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host

Now I can mount the phone storage again in a file manager - in settings, phone storage is now reflected like my sdcard capacity and SD card is reflected like phone storage.

I can't be sure that apps are being applied to the card though. If anyone can shed more light on this, please do so.

I modified the file according with you. Everything was safe. but i restore and nothing happened. I repopened the file and it was restore to previous info...... Sorry I´m too confuse I tied to place this change for weeks but... We have to edit under the title MOUNTS THE FIRST USABLE PARTITION OF SPECIFIED DEVICE, right?

I´m using App Explorer, becasue Explorer file didnt let me edit or replace the file.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Last edited:
I modified the file according with you. Everything was safe. but i restore and nothing happened. I repopened the file and it was restore to previous info...... Sorry I´m too confuse I tied to place this change for weeks but... We have to edit under the title MOUNTS THE FIRST USABLE PARTITION OF SPECIFIED DEVICE, right?

I´m using App Explorer, becasue Explorer file didnt let me edit or replace the file.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Hi. Install and use root browser. Go to system/etc and Copy original file vold.fstab to non-root location (sdcard1/ "external card"), then open it from the sdcard and apply the changes (use auto instead of emmc@fat in that second line because I'm not certain about that code.. make all the other changes as described before).

Now save it (Replace) again to non-root location. Then go back to system/etc and rename the original file to vold.fstab.bak Copy the edited file from sdcard1/vold.fstab and paste it inside system/etc folder.

Long press the copied file in system/etc/vold.fstab Change permission check the three checkmarks in first, second, third rows of first column (read) and the first row of second column (write). Make sure root browser reports successful. Long press the file again to check permission is still correct. Reboot.

Hi. Install and use root browser. Go to system/etc and Copy original file vold.fstab to non-root location (sdcard1/ "external card"), then open it from the sdcard and apply the changes (use auto instead of emmc@fat in that second line because I'm not certain about that code.. make all the other changes as described before).

Now save it (Replace) again to non-root location. Then go back to system/etc and rename the original file to vold.fstab.bak Copy the edited file from sdcard1/vold.fstab and paste it inside system/etc folder.

Long press the copied file in system/etc/vold.fstab Change permission check the three checkmarks in first, second, third rows of first column (read) and the first row of second column (write). Make sure root browser reports successful. Long press the file again to check permission is still correct. Reboot.

Ok, Now sdcard was chaged for internal one!! It´s correct?? It has be like that or SD need to be mixed with internal memory? Thanks Thanks a lot my friend!!!!

Hello! I have Hongmi 1S (CDMA version with Qualcomm Snapdragon). How i can replace internal memory by SD card in this version? I have already root it, bat can find nothing about replasing in the internet( Can you help me please?