Replace internal memory by SD card

For me it's didn't works :(
I have a Hongmi, too
If I want to replace the file it's working and I also can set the permission, but it didn't shows any effect when I restart the phone :(
Please can you help me ?
Sry for my bad english I'm from Germany :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-27-19-37-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-27-19-37-29.png
    278 KB · Views: 1,010
i successfully did this although now I cannot use link2sd to move apps from internal to external card, the ext4 partition doesn't seem to allow the data to move onto it

Ok I need help I posted how to do ony Redmi note pro and was given void.fstab by mmmnnn111 here is thread

xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-swap-defult-storage-to-xternal-sd-card.25126/#post-217909

But it's not fully functional and in storage it dose not look like anything has changed also after reboot downloads still goto internal storage I know folder mount works but o just want help to get it working without messing around with folder Mont.

In Chinese Miui.com there are lots of custom Roma with switched storage and most Roms have tab in settings allowing easally swap it back and forth from internal to external swap I and my beta team members have been trying but we can't get fully functional swaped storage allowing us to download to sd card

It would be really good to solve this problem even if it means loose this emulated storage and replace it back to the hongmi style storage, at Least hongmi device storage worked nicely, now my Redmi note pro needs this modd

Thanks guys any help will be most gratefully

Ok I need help I posted how to do ony Redmi note pro and was given void.fstab by mmmnnn111 here is thread

xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-swap-defult-storage-to-xternal-sd-card.25126/#post-217909

But it's not fully functional and in storage it dose not look like anything has changed also after reboot downloads still goto internal storage I know folder mount works but o just want help to get it working without messing around with folder Mont.

In Chinese Miui.com there are lots of custom Roma with switched storage and most Roms have tab in settings allowing easally swap it back and forth from internal to external swap I and my beta team members have been trying but we can't get fully functional swaped storage allowing us to download to sd card

It would be really good to solve this problem even if it means loose this emulated storage and replace it back to the hongmi style storage, at Least hongmi device storage worked nicely, now my Redmi note pro needs this modd

Thanks guys any help will be most gratefully

hi this is the first time i write in forum, i believe im correct on this, please advise if im wrong in the guide.

1) root your device thus you granted access to view system file and edit
2) copy vold.fstab in system /etc and rename the original as old.vold.fstab in case you edit wrongly.
3) change the mount device sequence in vold.fstab file from

to this, basically swapping the A to B and B to A.

4) set permission to the file to rw-r--r-- which is chmod 644 vold.fstab in unix command or if there are any software that allow you to change permission using GUI please use it.
5) save and reboot phone.

can i do this on my redmi note?

No dose not work i have tried also some other devs have tried with no success i think its the emulated storage making a problem
yeah i think so, is emulated same as internal storage? i just see it from fx file explorer

its looks like we dont have any chance to do that haha

hi.. I am using note 4g i tried to change the file its not working... How to change it...I like 2 setup app in my sd like nfs or other games,,,plz help My Vold.fstap says..
# Copyright (c) 2012, The Linux Foundation. All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
# met:
# * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
# notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
# copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
# disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
# with the distribution.
# * Neither the name of The Linux Foundation nor the names of its
# contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
# from this software without specific prior written permission.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
# WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
# MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT
# ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS
# BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
# CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
# SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
# BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
# WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
# OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
# IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host

Hi! I have this (internal memory replaced by SD) in my system - I have RedmiExperience 4.3.2

I try update to ROM miuiportugal_RedRice_4.10.24_AIO_Signed but problems starting...

If I update and do the process again (replace internal memory by SD after update) the system works fine?
Thank you

i did this and it works but when i want to flash a new rom TRWP doesn't allow me to mount the SD Card so i cannot flash anything... I delete my ROM and cannot flash a new one!

help is much appreciated!

@ Lanky
You have always an option to use miflash. Then you will back to stock miui, with miui recovery. Also, all data on the intetnal storage will be wiped. Besides, there is v. 45 now, works far better than v24

Wysłane z mojego HM 1SW przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello. Did anyone figure out how to set sd card as defualt. I tried to swtich these files from the page one nd it doesn not work. I am using .45 version

Reactions: ko3st68
Replace file vold.fstab in the folder system /etc and set permissions to rw-r--r-- then reboot your phone...

PS: You have to insert your SD card before...

JNE2gJP.png
Do this method works even in MIUI v6 (kit kat) without any other trick?

#help #redmi2
I need to install some heavy games on my redmi 2 but only 5GB internal memory is not enough for data's of games
So I want to swap internal storage to external sd card in other words i just want that all data of games(that obb folder) should be in memory card
I heard about link2sd,but that is very hard
Can anyone please tell me how to unmount internal storage

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

I am using Redmi 2 with miui 7 following is the vold.fstab please let me guide to change this. I already root my device.

dev_mount sdcard/storage/sdcard1 auto/devices/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host

#MTP
#dev_mount sdcard2/mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto/devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

Pleas upload all 3 files. I dont known partition table.

stock ROM for HM2013023

Code:
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host  auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard0:emmc@fat,noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host  auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto

On my modded Kernel

Code:
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host  auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard1:emmc@fat,noemulatedsd
/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host  auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=sdcard0:auto

My phones information is on the image
816d55196e2aca65772fc878036ea56b.jpg

Is this method usefull for my rom?
I can not install or update my apps because of internal low memory. Please help me :( how can i make my phone installs the apps to sd?

2013023 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi