Replacing Screen Without Digitiser Cable (mimax Pro)

Rolph Muller

Members
Dec 7, 2016
So I broke the screen and ordered a new one - which took a few weeks to arrive in Europe. I should have bought one with the digitiser cable attached to make the repair easy - a bit more expensive but not that much. But what I have is what I have - and rather than order another screen (with all the waiting time) I thought I might press ahed. Anyone know how the cable is attached to the glass - I suspect it is adhesive of some sort? Might be obvious when I take it apart but none of the YouTube videos cover this aspect - but if anyone knows I'd like to hear! The phone is still useable with a new screen protector on so if I really have to order another unit with cable I would of course do that.

You done goofed. The digitiser is actually an extra layer that's fused to the glass/screen with special equipment. What you've bought is a screen without the digitiser at all.

Don't worry, happened to me when buying my first screen....

You need to buy the screen with digitiser already attached.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You done goofed. The digitiser is actually an extra layer that's fused to the glass/screen with special equipment. What you've bought is a screen without the digitiser at all.

Don't worry, happened to me when buying my first screen....

You need to buy the screen with digitiser already attached.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
OK. Many thanks!