Resolved Xiaomi 12 Pro Various Problems - (V13.0.23.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot)

Kondado

Members
Feb 23, 2022
Hello there,

this is one of my first posts in this forum, so please bear with me. I tried to find some "newbie sticky post" but couldn't see anything, so if I did something wrong, just tell me in a polite way. ;-) First of all, thank you VERY much to all of you who make these Xiaomi.eu ROMs a reality. Is there any way to donate or buy some merchandising to support this?

Just to state my background, I've got a degree in computing engineering and a master's degree in big data. This means I do understand some technical stuff, but I have no clue how the ROMs are built and all the related details.

I'm coming from being a Samsung user (S2, S4, S7, S9+) so I am very new to the Xiaomi universe. I recently bought the Xiaomi 12 Pro with CN (Chinese) ROM through a well known asian online vendor. I flashed it with the xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12Pro_V13.0.23.0.SLBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot. This has been quite an improvement. I am using the phone in Spanish currently; for that reason, it can be that I don't know the exact name in English for certain menus or options.

There are a few things that I can't currently get to work. Namely:

1) Google Assistant doesn't activate with the screen OFF. This definitely should work as it did on my Samsung S9 plus. It DOES activate when the screen is locked but ON. I have checked that the option "Hey Google" is activated when the screen is locked. (See attachments)

2) [FIXED. Solution by Igor Eisberg: "Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (3-dot menu icon) -> Default apps -> Assist & voice input -> Digital assistant app -> Google" -- Note that there is another option with a similar name.] Google Assistant doesn't activate when pressing the on/off button for half a second, which you can choose in the MIUI settings. I also checked that Google Assistant is the chosen default assistant under default apps. (See attachments)

3) When connecting the phone to my Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA230DAB it somehow detects that it works with Android Auto, but the screen of the radio stays all black. It always says on the phone that I should continue configuring on the radio of the car, but I can't, as it is completely black and doesn't do anything no matter what I press. I also tried using the original Xiaomi 12 Pro cable, with the same results. (See attachments)

4) Finally, I can not play Angry Birds 2!! This is a disaster! :emoji_laughing: The thing is, when I launch it, I first see the Rovio logo, then I briefly see that Turbo Boost is activated for the game and after that only a completely black screen with no music. I can only swipe out of the app or access the gaming tools quick launcher. When using the original CN ROM which came with the phone, I could play the game without any issue. (See attachments)

If there is any other thing, like a log or app dump that I can provide, I'll gladly do so.

Best regards.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.20.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.20.02.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 159
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.02.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 193
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.02 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.02 (1).jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 179
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.14.28.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.14.28.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 158
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55 (2).jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 174
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55 (1).jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 147
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 13.15.55.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
1) Yes, doesn't look like it's supported on Xiaomi 12 either, even with the correct Voice Match modules from the Global ROM.
You might want to try the ZEUSEEAGlobal ROM and check if it works there, would be interesting to know if it's an issue with our ROM or with these two devices in general.

2) Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (3-dot menu icon) -> Default apps -> Assist & voice input -> Digital assistant app -> Google
Works fine after that on Xiaomi 12.

Got nothing to comment on the other two issues.

Hello Igor,

thank you very much for your swift reply.

1) I'd love to try out the ZEUSEEAGlobal ROM but I need my phone to stay in touch with my job and I already spent quite some time re-flashing the Xiaomi.eu ROM with the hope to fix those problems. Currently flashing and setting up everything again is sadly not really a viable option for me. I guess I'll have to live with it for a while and hope someone else can try that out.

2) This one is FIXED!!! Thank you for that (gonna buy you a beer or two ;-)) -- it is a bit annoying that there is literally a very similar menu called "Voice assistant" (Asistente de voz, in Spanish) and the one you mentioned and I didn't even see called "Assist & voice input" (Asistencia y entrada de voz, in Spanish). Notice the similarity is greater in Spanish.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in on points 3 & 4 -- especially point 3 which is probably the one that bothers me the most currently.

Best regards.

Hello Igor,

thank you very much for your swift reply.

1) I'd love to try out the ZEUSEEAGlobal ROM but I need my phone to stay in touch with my job and I already spent quite some time re-flashing the Xiaomi.eu ROM with the hope to fix those problems. Currently flashing and setting up everything again is sadly not really a viable option for me. I guess I'll have to live with it for a while and hope someone else can try that out.

2) This one is FIXED!!! Thank you for that (gonna buy you a beer or two ;-)) -- it is a bit annoying that there is literally a very similar menu called "Voice assistant" (Asistente de voz, in Spanish) and the one you mentioned and I didn't even see called "Assist & voice input" (Asistencia y entrada de voz, in Spanish). Notice the similarity is greater in Spanish.

Hopefully, someone else can chime in on points 3 & 4 -- especially point 3 which is probably the one that bothers me the most currently.

Best regards.
1) Yes I'm still investigating but there's little information regarding if it's even supported on Global or that this device doesn't support it at all (it's a hardware feature that has to be enabled by software, aka the Voice Match modules we use from Global ROMs for all China ROM-based devices).
2) I've found the overlay that exists only on China ROM that sneaked in since mid-November 2021 and caused Google not to be set as default app for "Assist & voice input". I removed it so this shouldn't be an issue for our next releases.

Just saw your donation, thanks for your support mate.

I see, hopefully the Voice Match modules will work at some point. I just can't imagine Xiaomi leaving out such a feature on a flagship phone. But who knows. :emoji_sweat_smile:

Thanks again for point 2. :emoji_slight_smile:

I see, hopefully the Voice Match modules will work at some point. I just can't imagine Xiaomi leaving out such a feature on a flagship phone. But who knows. :emoji_sweat_smile:
Apparently, not. Voice Match works properly on Global ROM, I know it even without having to install it because I found the reason for this nonsense and even tested it. We'll have to consider how we're going to implement the solution, but it will be fixed.

• Love
Reactions: Kondado
Apparently, not. Voice Match works properly on Global ROM, I know it even without having to install it because I found the reason for this nonsense and even tested it. We'll have to consider how we're going to implement the solution, but it will be fixed.
That's some brilliant news! Appreciate the update!

Just in case this gives anyone (or any developer) a clue as to what might be happening with point 4, the Angry Birds 2 game. When I install it for the first time, and it asks for permissions, the text is shown in black, as you can see in the attachment. Normally that text is white on the inside. I don't know if there is some sort of transparency layer or whatever that's messing with the image. It is still strange because there's also no music.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-23-23-37-54-736_com.rovio.baba.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-23-23-37-54-736_com.rovio.baba.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 147
Just in case this gives anyone (or any developer) a clue as to what might be happening with point 4, the Angry Birds 2 game. When I install it for the first time, and it asks for permissions, the text is shown in black, as you can see in the attachment. Normally that text is white on the inside. I don't know if there is some sort of transparency layer or whatever that's messing with the image. It is still strange because there's also no music.
I can't reproduce that on Xiaomi 12. Text is white and the game works fine with sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-24-17-09-14-038_com.rovio.baba.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-24-17-09-14-038_com.rovio.baba.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 122
I can't reproduce that on Xiaomi 12. Text is white and the game works fine with sound.
Thanks for trying it out!!

I don't know if it has something to do with me using the game on the Chinese original ROM? I had also previously connected the game to Google Play and Facebook to save the progress. Don't know if that messed it up somehow. I tried launching it in flight mode to see if it changed something without being able to connect but sadly no. Also using a VPN didn't change anything. I can still use it on my Samsung Galaxy S9+.

PS: I just reinstalled it and directly switched to flight mode before launching it, alas no luck.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the black screen in the game is somehow related to the black screen of my Pioneer radio with Android Auto.

Maybe it's something specific with the "12 Pro" ROM?

I'm wondering if the black screen in the game is somehow related to the black screen of my Pioneer radio with Android Auto.

Maybe it's something specific with the "12 Pro" ROM?
No idea, hard to believe that since their ROMs share a lot in common.

No idea, hard to believe that since their ROMs share a lot in common.
Thanks again for your feedback. It's really valuable to me. If there is anything you think I could try out (apart from flashing a different ROM, haha) I'll gladly try it out. So far I've run out of ideas. Cheers.

PS: I just tried disconnecting Angry Birds 2 from Facebook and also revoking the permission to connect with Google. Reinstalled the app, but the behaviour is still all the same. :(

Last edited:
Update on issues 3 and 4 (see OP):

3)
I am about to check if having installed the latest 13.0.25 ROM has changed anything, but there are TONS of people complaining about this same issue (Black screen on Android Auto) with the latest Samsung S22 phones. Also there is a "known issue" that there are problems with Android 12 and Android Auto. So it looks like I'm not alone at all with this. EDIT: Just checked, doesn't work. Same situation as in OP. I guess it's currently a "universal" problem with Android 12.

4)
I can play Angry Birds 2 again!! Hooray! :D changes I made:
- NEW install of the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM 13.0.25
- Configured the phone to use ENGLISH (US) (I decided I prefer to use it in english instead of spanish, don't know if this matters)
- Did choose to NOT restore anything from backup (from my Samsung Galaxy S9+).

As I've said, can't know which of these three things has made it possible.

Last edited:
Hi, I saw the rest of your reply in the email preview but now it's gone here in the forum. Did something happen?
I opened a dedicated thread cos I'm on 13.0.25 and I have a 12 pro.
I listed there bugs I have found so far

I opened a dedicated thread cos I'm on 13.0.25 and I have a 12 pro.
I listed there bugs I have found so far
Ah, I checked your thread but sadly you didn't mention Android Auto there. Apparently it is working for you on 13.0.25. I am using that ROM version now too on my Xiaomi 12 Pro and it still doesn't work. I guess it might be related to Pioneer radios. What kind of radio or car are you using with Android Auto?

Ah, I checked your thread but sadly you didn't mention Android Auto there. Apparently it is working for you on 13.0.25. I am using that ROM version now too on my Xiaomi 12 Pro and it still doesn't work. I guess it might be related to Pioneer radios. What kind of radio or car are you using with Android Auto?
I have integrates system in a Nissan Qashqai.
With official global ROM Android Auto displays wrongly (big icons covering screen): it's a known bug. With eu.rom all is fine.

Btw, I wonder why for Xiaomi 12 there are only stable and no weekly roms here

I have integrates system in a Nissan Qashqai.
With official global ROM Android Auto displays wrongly (big icons covering screen): it's a known bug. With eu.rom all is fine.

Btw, I wonder why for Xiaomi 12 there are only stable and no weekly roms here
Thanks for the info. Yes, I've also seen that bug. Hopefully Google gets their sh*t together with Android Auto. Fingers crossed.

Can't say anything about the weekly ROMs. No idea.