Requesting Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM for Mi2S Pls

I can confirm it I know Ivan

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
maybe i konw he is who ,but he no power to decide open the code.but he can provide it for your just by private.come on ,hope you take a good kernel for guys. and you can solve the code by yourself.,i think you can do it.thanks!

If you know him, then ask him to provide the kernel to Micha and grondinm in private.
Because it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, and as I thought, this Ivan has no ability to decide about releasing the kernel on his own.

If you know him, then ask him to provide the kernel to Micha and grondinm in private.
Because it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, and as I thought, this Ivan has no ability to decide about releasing the kernel on his own.
just wait ,M1cha also want to have the code ,but now no time to do it.a good news the kernel will be update google andriod 4.3.so just wait some times.

MIUI is not stupid..if they release the source.. then Xiaomi phone its just a brand only... not MIUI phone anymore.. now Xiaomi famous for MIUI phone..

better MIUI co-operate with google to release phone... like LG and google.. Nexus 4.3 for example..
en → en​
anymore

MIUI will never get opensourced. We are just talking about kernel and device tree

I thought that only the kernel wasn't open source...
But if MIUI is not opensource, then how people here are able to make custom roms based on MIUI?

You can make a "port" without having to compile a ROM from source. Adding apps and framework, modding libs and drivers...

i miss just a kernel with extended features like undervolt, i won't change rom anyway, but save some battery would be great

If M1cha says kernel sources will be out soon, reversed engineered or by Xiaomi (doesn't matter to me which way), then it will probably happen soon.

The only question that remains to me, as a CM fan, is there any change for official CM support (like nightlies etc.)
That would be awesome.
If it's stable I will switch over anyway!

As soon as everything is opensource I'll do my best to make the sources matching the rules of CM.
If everything is finished I'll inform you and then I'll send a request to CM. Then we can just hope the best.

Hi M1cha, can we have the new recovery in english version pls ? v6.0.3.3 chinese version is out right ?
are you working on it already ? is there any changes to that new version compared to the present one ?
august 16th is not far away.... so when can we expect the kernel source code be opensourced if at all if that happens ?
really excited about the positive changes to happen to Xiaomi.....
keep up the spirit Xiaomi & make your fans happy by releasing kernel source code atleast so that some tweaks are applied at kernel level..... we know what are all those.... aren't we ?

thanks for everything devs.... you are awesome here... expecting many more good things from you all....

4.3 is booting without screen tearing issues and with mako kernel and device tree as base :)
Now I'm gonna fix all the drivers...

Attachments

• device-2013-07-30-094149.png
    device-2013-07-30-094149.png
    105 KB · Views: 260
4.3 is booting without screen tearing issues and with mako kernel and device tree as base :)
Now I'm gonna fix all the drivers...
good,come on.thanks for you work.we are wait for you new boot.

anyone have an idea if the current Mi2S MIUI release has TRIM support? Seems Android 4.3 has TRIM support for all Nexus devices (read here), but I haven't read anything about 'other' devices. Based on everything I've read, I can't really tell if Android 4.3 has TRIM support for only Nexus devices or for all... confusing.

hmm interesting... i think M1cha has seen this reply....
we are waiting for your post with zip file M1cha !!! keep them coming !
we want v4.3 !

I bet it wont. Because 4.3 is fresh Android system, that only few devices have (Nexus). Xiaomi would never put untested fresh system to their devices, as MIUI integrates with android very deeply. The new Red Rice phone already has android 4.2 so I assume MI-3 and MI-2 will also get 4.2 update.

I bet it wont. Because 4.3 is fresh Android system, that only few devices have (Nexus). Xiaomi would never put untested fresh system to their devices, as MIUI integrates with android very deeply. The new Red Rice phone already has android 4.2 so I assume MI-3 and MI-2 will also get 4.2 update.
The 4.2.x kernel its the same of 4.3 so I think that they'll release a miui 6 with the 3.4 kernel and Android 4.3...
I hope that devs will fix soon the camera bug...

Sent from my Mi2s