[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Is this full rom or just kernel? im downloading it now to flash

Full rom with original kernel, modified updater script, replaced all bluetooth folders/files (i need this tested) and replaced all RIL files...i need the theme manager and 3g tested also...dont flash dual kernel after this. Thanks for testing!!

Download FileZilla

Then open it and fill in the information I pm'd you, use that to upload and the links are how i explained in the pm. It will allow much faster downloads for people. Please.

I broke it one sec...lol

I downloaded the client one and entered your info but it says at the end "connection timed out" "failed to retrieve directory listing"...

Finally we can continue miui here

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Lol finally! I'll be working on gb after work

Incase folks didnt see @ xda

**For some reason, probably because of root or asop issue? No overclock in the kernel im guessing so if you are using cpu tuner or the like, it wont do exactly what you want.

'Dual' Kernel:
-No overclock/root in the kernel?**
-3g works; may be a tad bit slow.
-no wifi tether support.
-Lags when music is playing.
-Theme Manager working.

[Kernel][ACS][GPL] Twilight Zone Kernel v1.1.0 - Hajime-kun :

-Extra buttery. might be the smoothest/snappiest kernel of them all.
-3g seems to be hit or miss. even on one device.
-wifi tether support.
-No lag when music is playing.
-Theme manager working

[KERNEL][GPL]Genocide EC05 Kernel v1.0|1.4GhzOC|Conf your own UV|VoodooMods 3/31/2011 -
-3g is borked...says its there but no connectivity.
-No lag when playing music (music sounds nice btw) .
-No wifi tether support (maybe do to the rooted kernel scenario?).
-Fast none the less....almost as fast/if not faster than twilight...we need it tweaked i guess for asop?
-Theme Manager working
-No overclock/root in kernel?**

[KERNEL][CM7] Phoenix v0.01 || Updated: 04/09/2011 - 11:45

-Bluetooth turns on, but needs work? static-y
-3g seems a little slow, but nixo has a fix for this im guessing. If 3g doesnt seem to work after a fresh flash, make a phone and see if that triggers it
-A little laggy when playing music?
-Wifi borked? :\
-Theme Manager works
-No wifi tether support
-No overclock/root in kernel?**

Guys...I was happy to move to my Epic from my Evo. But sad because of MIUI....Now I'm happy again. The first post has the correct file to flash? Any special instructions??

there are a few builds... one chopped up and one original

links are a page back or two or you can find them in the new thread on xda until this thread gets cleaned up a little bit

flash through recovery then flash a kernel of your choice....

I'm going to ask for OP here so I can update and post everything to first page...getting out of work early today so I'll be working on gb all night. Trying to get it to boot atleast lol

First, thanks to everyone who has contributed to making this happen! I had an Evo for a long time and only used MIUI. I was sad to see that both my Epic and Nook Color were not supported. Well, I flashed the chopped version today and it runs like a champ. I installed the rom, installed quadrant and got a 2300+ some change with no set cpu or anything like that. Very fast and stable and can't wait for GB!

Thanks again! Extra thanks for anyone who brings it to my Nook Color too!!!;)

o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Attachments

• snap20110429_010630.jpg
    snap20110429_010630.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 207
which kernel?

is that a cm7 kernel?

i need that, kernel by itself doing some other testing right now for Gingerbread...i think its wanting another kernel. Gingerbread is stuck right now

It is cm7 lol

Question: Do we have one with 3g working without any special things needing to be done, i really want a new rom..lol..and sms.

It never did for me unless i was using the wrong one, anyone have the rom that has 3g and sms working?

I will try that when I get home from work. None or the ones before that worked for me.

Does the 3g take a little bit to connect? like 30sec to a min after boot.

Do any of the kernels fix screen lag when receiving a call?

Epics eat iphones and s**t windows phones.

No, there is no fix for the lag as of now. Its really the only thing left.

This i what we got last night for GB:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 222005_768294105403_11202590_35780307_7190410_n.jpg
    222005_768294105403_11202590_35780307_7190410_n.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 225