[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Maybe (and hopefully) once we get the Samsung (or suck) GB official build and kernel, we can be added to the official MIUI build thingy. Is that a possibility Mike (or other devs)?

I sincerely appreciate what you're doing here. Thanks for trying to make our devices work with MIUI. I loved MIUI 1.3.5 when it was released for my phone and I know I'll love this when it is working.

Before testing, my phone had Epicurean EG22 scrambled rom with CWM Recovery 3.1.0.1.
I wiped data cache and dalvik 3 times then flashed the rom.
It flashed successfully but the phone hanged at the samsung boot screen.

The problem isn't only the kernel though, because the CM Kernels don't work either. Maybe try the updater script from a build that shiftr182 sent me, ported from the Nexus S 4G. It flashes and goes past the samsung screen to the miui boot animation, but never goes past there for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9g21k6wkk4n9wqd

If that doesn't work, maybe you could port from the fascinate or Nexus S 4G

Edit: Okay. That didn't work.

The problem isn't only the kernel though, because the CM Kernels don't work either. Maybe try the updater script from a build that shiftr182 sent me, ported from the Nexus S 4G. It flashes and goes past the samsung screen to the miui boot animation, but never goes past there for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9g21k6wkk4n9wqd

If that doesn't work, maybe you could port from the fascinate or Nexus S 4G

Edit: Okay. That didn't work.

Okay...plain and simple....it isn't the script or the kernel (well not comepletely the kernel). Trust me I've done EVERYTHING u can think of. if I could make a nexus s or ns4g build boot and work (not very well) with the same kernel and script it means its not that. It is all in the files and where they are. That's the first thing u have to fix...and build.prop and cdma stuff. And honestly, galaxy s is probably a waste of time. There were so many parts that didn't function on ns4g port that i took on the galaxy s and I did exactly what I did for the others and it wouldn't boot. Once I made it as far as the bootani. 1.3.5 is from fascinate so I think we should just use a fascinate rom. I can upload an old version from ns4g so u can see where files need to go.

it doesn't boot...again lol tmrw night I will have all the time to work on it (from 12am-4am). I'm going to see what's in ns4g port by me and mike and where we moved things and hopefully the fascinate build will flash. I just want it to boot so we can get to fixing it!!! Lol and I can't wait to play witht the new lockscreens xD

Why not just get a stable froyo build that way we have some miui past alpha. At least until source comes out. I would like to try but I have no idea where to even begin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

We already did the miui froyo build, that's why we're trying the gingerbread now ^.^

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Soooo are you still attempting to boot GB MIUI? I can get you a new NS4G port that boots but has major problems...if you know of any REAL dev that knows alot and can do alot without an epic please let us know...

Right now im trying to fix the froyo build and get mms to work...and fix the 3g speed and lag

Decompile it, res/values/xml/mms_config.xml

cool, il try it tonight. And how about bluetooth and camcorder, and a weird lag when a phone call comes in. it chooses between 2 different ways to answer...

ANy luck with gb miui?

cool, il try it tonight. And how about bluetooth and camcorder, and a weird lag when a phone call comes in. it chooses between 2 different ways to answer...

ANy luck with gb miui?

Try copying the libs from an aosp camera app to get it to work. I'll work on the phone tomorrow. No luck with gb :/