[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

So this is what I have to report; that fix seems to have worked, however, I wasn't sure right away because all of a sudden I was having issues with errors downloading from the Play Store. That may have been a coincidence as perhaps Google was performing maintenance at the same time I applied the fix, however, after removing my Google account, forgetting my Wi-Fi network, and restarting my phone, it began working hours later so I didn't know for sure what was happening. I noticed that my phone was snappier, anything internet related was loading faster, i.e. web pages, YouTube videos, even multitasking was unaffected, like downloading an app and watching a video at the same time. This is what I was used to when I first started using WIUI, but somehow things got bogged down over time.

Anyway, that only lasted the evening as today my phone slowed down again. I had uninstalled Wifix after everything started working again yesterday, but redownloaded today to see if that would resolve the issue once it crept up again and it seems to have worked. I only applied the auto fix so we'll see if it sticks.

I have no idea why I'm having this issue, but it definitely affects the speed of the Rom noticeably. I had recently done a full wipe and reflashed WIUI.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I have got a small issue with google apps.
Whenever I try to download or install an app over the mobile network, it asks me if I only want to download it over wifi. If I uncheck the box that makes downloading over wifi mandatory, it will still wait for a wifi connection instead of downloading and installing the app over the mobile network.

in other words, it is impossible to download bigger apps over mobile as it keeps waiting for a wifi network even if I uncheck that requirement.

Anyone facing the same issue or has the solution???

PS using the latest multi language version on a Mi 2SC 32 MB

nvm fixed it.

Had to change the update app setting.
If it is set to auto update over wifi only than Gapps refuses to download any app ( new or update ) over the Mobile network.

Last edited:
I have got a small issue with google apps.
Whenever I try to download or install an app over the mobile network, it asks me if I only want to download it over wifi. If I uncheck the box that makes downloading over wifi mandatory, it will still wait for a wifi connection instead of downloading and installing the app over the mobile network.

in other words, it is impossible to download bigger apps over mobile as it keeps waiting for a wifi network even if I uncheck that requirement.

Anyone facing the same issue or has the solution???

PS using the latest multi language version on a Mi 2SC 32 MB
Go to the download app and change the settings.

Maybe SoftKey cause this bug or I relized similar bug when I tried one "MiWallpaper" weather live wallpaper.
I removed it and after bug was gone. Or just don't restart your phone ;)

Got a simple fix:
Prior to entering the pin / unlocking the screen simply turn off the screen once :-D

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk 4

First of all a great "Thank You" and lots of Congratulations to Wajk for his stunning work!!
:)
[...]
Finally, one little issue I'm having on my Mi2S/32GB

sometime, perhaps once every two days, it happens that touch seems to get crazy: it independently keep pushing buttons on the top/left area of screen so any app in use becomes unusable...

the only way out I found is to power off the phone with power button and restart it, this seems to solve the problem

most of times the touch seems to operate well and properly, it is only time to time that this strange behaviour happens....

I really can't figure out if it is a software (calibration?) or hardware (bad connection?) problem, so I'm asking advices here how to manage it. Anything I could do or it's better to send phone back under warranty ??

I saw this problem too, with my 2S-32GB.
After a while (2-3 days) the touch screen seems to get crazy.
Sometimes it stops by itself, some other times I need to reboot the device.

I saw this problem too, with my 2S-32GB.
After a while (2-3 days) the touch screen seems to get crazy.
Sometimes it stops by itself, some other times I need to reboot the device.

So you are still having the same problem as me
After how long ?

For me it is not so severe/critical, but it would be nice to know which is the cause:
hardware or software ?

So you are still having the same problem as me
After how long ?

For me it is not so severe/critical, but it would be nice to know which is the cause:
hardware or software ?
I installed WIUI no more than one week ago, and I already saw this problem two times.
I own this phone only since the end of September (maybe 20 days) and I never saw such a problem with MIUI, therefore I guess it could be a software problem.
Also for me is not a very big problem: rebooting the phone is very quick.
I just hope it will go away in the next releases, otherwise I'll install again a MIUI version to see if it is hardware or software related.

I'm glad that the fix worked for you, boojay. In my case, just an hour ago, the websites stopped working again, although the WiFi Settings says that it's "Connected".

I tried using WiFix, to no avail. Can someone please help?

I'm glad that the fix worked for you, boojay. In my case, just an hour ago, the websites stopped working again, although the WiFi Settings says that it's "Connected".

I tried using WiFix, to no avail. Can someone please help?

I'm not sure it's a 100% fix, but I'm pretty certain any issues I'm having with performance are Wi-Fi related after you mentioned it and provided me with the WiFix app. My Wi-Fi speed at home is very fast so any pages or apps that require internet should be loading their content fairly quickly and consistently.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I'm not sure it's a 100% fix, but I'm pretty certain any issues I'm having with performance are Wi-Fi related after you mentioned it and provided me with the WiFix app. My Wi-Fi speed at home is very fast so any pages or apps that require internet should be loading their content fairly quickly and consistently.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I made a separate post in the "Bugs" Forum, to see if someone is able to help. I have spent more than 5 hours trying to solve this issue and it's driving me nuts... If I don't get a solution soon, I'll have to return my phone. (It's brand new, I can't explain what happened).

I made a separate post in the "Bugs" Forum, to see if someone is able to help. I have spent more than 5 hours trying to solve this issue and it's driving me nuts... If I don't get a solution soon, I'll have to return my phone. (It's brand new, I can't explain what happened).

I should point out this wasn't a problem for me before. It seems it developed gradually over time and I never realized it fully until you shared your similar experience and especially after I got the momentary boost with the fix to compare.

Have you always had this issue with slow loading pages?

Swyped from my Mi 2

I should point out this wasn't a problem for me before. It seems it developed gradually over time and I never realized it fully until you shared your similar experience and especially after I got the momentary boost with the fix to compare.

Have you always had this issue with slow loading pages?

Swyped from my Mi 2

No, everything was fine until yesterday, when I noticed the sudden slowdown and then not being able to load websites or use internet. Then, after I repaired it with WiFix, everything went back to normal... Until now, when the WiFi failed, and it seems it's not coming back.

Hello wajk, 3.9.27 and 3.9.27ex has an battery drain problem, in my particulary case with poweramp after 20 min of use (5 songs) battery fall down from 35% to 9%

Enviado desde mi MI 2 usando Tapatalk now Free

Reactions: WhiteLord89
WiUi v5 2.9.27 EX uploaded
Not sure this is better than nonEX release, under testing on my device, yet.

Info:
- based on WiUi 3.9.27
- applied Power Management from previous release
- applied 1242Mhz MOD (just use uninstaller if you don't need it)
- removed FaceLock

DOWNLOAD

If you will test it, pls report back what is your results!

Install instructions:
- if you are on WiUi v5 3.9.27 just flash it without any Wipe
- if you are coming from other MIUI ROM use Wipe Cache and Advanced/Dalvik Cache

I see no noticeable difference in battery usage. Between the two. It seems though that normal mode is better for your battery than energy saving mode.

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Wajk.... is ur stable version on the way ?

Do you mean EX version? It's coming with new release on this week.

I see no noticeable difference in battery usage. Between the two. It seems though that normal mode is better for your battery than energy saving mode.

3.9.27 EX working right on my device.
But I said many times not latest is the best. And my ROM based on dev roms.
I satisifed with latest release, but I recommend 3.8.23 release to you.

We aren't same, find best release for yourself and for your device.

Hello! Before anything else thank you wajk! 3.9.27 is the best rom I've tried. I haven't noticed any battery drain problems. But what I wanted to say is that before this rom I used 3.8.2 and I scored ~16000 in antutu. Now I score 27817. This is, what Monty Python would say, "something completely different".

Mi2s

Attachments

• tmp_Screenshot_2013-10-14-15-38-121180071541.png
    tmp_Screenshot_2013-10-14-15-38-121180071541.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: Wajk
Is there a way to delete notification for MIUI Update ?
Thanks a lot for WIUI

BEST -- ROM -- EVER :D

Amazing battery life !

Reactions: Wajk