[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Screen on 7h???? woot!!!

How did you achieve that? do u have the 3120 mah battery?

Hah, not quite 7h, just under 6h, but I have done 8h before and if I really wanted to, I might be able to do 10-12h if I kept it on Power Saving and the lowest brightness setting. Yes, I'm using the extended 3120 mAh battery.

I have to do a full wipe before installing this ROM?

Also can someone please post battery life photo + screen time?
Thx

Wajk your ROM is the best I've tried. Really fast and stable with very good battery life. However I am facing a problem with the notifications of applications which use internal clock (eg stopwatch, eBay, Whatsapp). My problem is that the notifications are always late. Can i I do something to change it?

I have the same problem and i read it had something to do with MIUI v5
In ypur version of WIUI v4 does this also happens?

Wajk your ROM is the best I've tried. Really fast and stable with very good battery life. However I am facing a problem with the notifications of applications which use internal clock (eg stopwatch, eBay, Whatsapp). My problem is that the notifications are always late. Can i I do something to change it?
I have the same problem and i read it had something to do with MIUI v5
In ypur version of WIUI v4 does this also happens?

Go into App Info for whichever apps you're having issues with and check off Show Popup Window, I've found that's solved most issues in V5 I've had with conflicting apps. You can also access App Info quicker by long pressing on the app icons in the Recent Apps toggle when you long press the Home button.

Hopefully that works for you.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Reactions: Wajk
Go into App Info for whichever apps you're having issues with and check off Show Popup Window, I've found that's solved most issues in V5 I've had with conflicting apps. You can also access App Info quicker by long pressing on the app icons in the Recent Apps toggle when you long press the Home button.

Hopefully that works for you.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Thanks for the fast answer boojay! It didn't work but it's a general MIUI fault so no complaints here. Another, problem I have is that I can't install honami keyboard. Has someone found a solution to this problem?

Check

5umy5ezu.jpg

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks for the fast answer boojay! It didn't work but it's a general MIUI fault so no complaints here. Another, problem I have is that I can't install honami keyboard. Has someone found a solution to this problem?

Yeah, that's my only beef with MIUI, it looks pretty, but isn't as functional as stock android. I guess they copied iOS a little too much! LOL

Swyped from my Mi 2

It workş for me. I installed it by unpacking the zip and manually put it in the system app lib framework folders with a root file explorer. Don't forget to reboot :)

Sent from my MI 2S

Thanks for the wonderful ROM!

Small issue, is it possible to lock framerate (e.g. keep 90 fps) while capturing slow-motion? Now (3.10.18 on Mi2s) it is extremely sensitive to the lightning conditions, to my opinion -- overly..

Video sample 4x slow motion using xiaomi mi2s wiui v3.8.23

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How to check fps?

To check FPS just play the video with MiVideo->menù->show video details. And remember that this device records at 22.25FPS in standard mode, not 30! ;) (that's why video isn't as smooth as other devices..)

To check FPS just play the video with MiVideo->menù->show video details. And remember that this device records at 22.25FPS in standard mode, not 30! ;) (that's why video isn't as smooth as other devices..)

In fact, if you try to record slow motion in perfect lighting conditions (e.i. record shining light bulb) Mi2s records at 120 fps in 480p resolution.

once again, how to check it?

OIcWpiC.png

here some screenshot from original video
z0HP45M.jpg

laDQS6W.jpg

Wow battery settings on energy saving and 1,5 day no charge! Still 20%left !!! Thnx Wajkiui ;)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

once again, how to check it?

I believe the most reliable method would be to upload your video to PC and watch it with e.g. VLC. In VLC under Tools>Codec information it shows frame rate. Be careful, because it shows average frame rate, which varies if lighting conditions changes during recording. Actual frame rate is possible to check on tab statistics, but is shows only cumulative frames displayed... so you need to differentiate it in your head or find out more simple approach : ).

Setting FM radio
Anybody know how i can change scanning of frequentie ?
Now when signal is a bit weak radio stops for a short while
In previous versions u could get into settings and change countrycode and also scanning when signal is weak
Thanks

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Tried the last 18.10 build. There is something definitely wrong with the screen composition: animations and scrolling in the whole UI are laggish, then smooth, then laggish again after a while.
I feel it has something to do with vsync maybe? Rebooting to miui solves the problem back to perfect smoothness also @1134mhz & 200mhz gpu.
Tried changing composition type in build prop but didn't work.
Tried changing I/O and CPU scheduler but almost nothing changed.
I liked a lot the possibility of change frequencies (in miui they reset after every lock/unlock. Is there any chance of make them lock on stock miui? Thanks)
Battery didn't improve for me from miui 13.10.18.
If I had to compare the two roms @same frequencies probably is a tie.
However very good rom and many thanks for your hard work :)

Hi guys! First of all thanks for all the great job and effort you are putting in to this ROM.
I'm a new user and I just received my Mi2s, I've read almost all the pages and others forums/guides but I have some (maybe stupid) questions.

I've read that WIUI is one of the best ROM to install, so I've decided to give it a try. My doubts are this:
I'm thinking to install the last WIUI on one system and the 3.8.23 which seams to be the most "stable" on the other system. According to the first page of this thread in "Install notes", having a factory setting device in my hands, I can upgrade to WIUI using:

1- Updater app: putting the zip file in my device and installing from the app (in this case in system 2 the first ROM and repeat the same process for the second ROM tat will be installed in system 1). Is it right? Do I need to Wipe Data-Factory reset/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe?! I don't need any CWM Recovery with this procedure?

2- CWM Recovery: I'll download the CMW file and flash it: Wajk says I can do it from Updater app (same procedure as before) and that flash the WIUI from the Recovery. Do I have to rename the WIUI file "update.zip"?
On the other hand from the link of CWM Recovery, M1che says I have to flash first the CWM Recovery from the Recovery, renaming the file "update.zip"; than repeat the process to flash again the WIUI from the Recovery, renaming the file "update.zip". Do I need to Wipe Data-Factory reset/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe?!
Moreover in "Final notes" M1cha says:
Please be aware that your phone has only ONE data-partition. (I thought to have system 1 and system 2). If you have TrueDualBoot (what is this?) disabled that means:
  • You can't install AOSP and MIUI on one phone
  • If you wipe your data, the settings in both systems will be deleted
Furthermore you shouldn't use the feature of MIUI-Updater app which lets you install during running system. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall CWM after every update. What does it mean? If I install CWN I only have one partiotion so no more system 1 and system 2? Does it mean that I'll not be able to use the Updater app and I should use the procedure in Recovery mode?

TrueDualBoot notes:
Enabling or disabling TDB will completely wipe your data-partition. Once enabled your data partition will be VIRTUALLY split which means that both systems together can use the full space of the data-partition.
There are some things which will break TDB:

• everything which removes CWM(like Xiaomi Updater App's live install)
  • ROM's which don't support mount_ext4.sh (I did not see any ROM without support yet)
Does it mean that if I disable or enable the TBD I'll no longer have system 1 and system 2? So no Updeter app?

The big question is: which one is the right/best procedure? From now on if I want to update the ROM can i use the Updater app? And do I need to Wipe Data-Factory reset/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe (all 3?) before upgrading?

Thanks guys and sorry for the long post, hope you can help me :):)

Last edited:
Video sample 4x slow motion using xiaomi mi2s wiui v3.8.23

Very smooth, thnx for your share. I also tested 4x SlowMO when I implemented this MOD.
I was on little Car Show on last weekend. I also made some SlowMO videos. (3x@720p)

more videos here

I've been using 3.10.18 for the last couple of days and it's been awesome. The best combination of speed and battery so far for me. I'm getting a little less battery life, but performance is notably faster.

Thnx for your feedback! You're always awesome :D
Screen time is amazing!
That's true, I can't stand microlag....

After a full wipe, thé battery is amazing !

Very good battery life with this build!

Wajk your ROM is the best I've tried. Really fast and stable with very good battery life.

Thanks for the wonderful ROM!

Wow battery settings on energy saving and 1,5 day no charge! Still 20%left !!! Thnx Wajkiui ;)

I don't know what you did with the battery but it has improved a lot.
Good job!

Thnx, guys for feedbacks! :D

It workş for me. I installed it by unpacking the zip and manually put it in the system app lib framework folders with a root file explorer. Don't forget to reboot :)

Thnx for your help!

Last edited:
HeyWajk you did an awesome job!
Thank you so much for the rom.

Was using your rom already on LG 2X and now on Mi2S.
can just agree with everyone, it's really smooth and fast and has a good battery life.

Do you know if there is a way to change the memory mount to not pretend to be a sdcard but to appear mounted as internal memory? I've got space problems with using Google Music.

Cheers
AK