[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

anyway to combine Medina's "Marvin rom" in your WIUI future update since both of you guy's work has different advantages. I like how Marvin's rom has full GPU rendering and i think that's how the system should be. anyway to implant Mi3 stuff or settings from the rom like Camera...etc into Mi2 making some adjustments and settings appear on Mi2/Mi2S rom that only exclusive to Mi3?

Reactions: dextructor
Hi! I have just tried to update stock antivirus Tencent on my device and have found that the one cannot connect to database: "Error connect". Can anyone update stock antivirus?

Guys got a strange problem maybe you can check it out:

I am using two e-mail accounts:
- Gmail
- Exchange (work)

the appointments of my Gmail account I can sync with my agenda on my phone.
When I try the same for my Exchange account it's impossible. When I am in the Agenda I can see my account but when I click on it it is empty. That is strange because of when I look in the settings of the exchange account sync with exchange agenda is on! I remember that when I tried this a long time ago in a earlier version it worked.

bug?

Hi! The lates version of Viper4Android 2.3.1.1 doesn't work properly on my device with the latest firmware. After several seconds effect of equalizer is turning off. I've tried all methods of troubleshooting listet on Viper4Android developer's page, no effect at all. Version 2.3.0.1 works well. Guys, could you confirm is this either application bug or firmware? Thanks!

Of course I tried compatible mode. Also I tried to freeze MusicFX, tried to install like system app and like user app, tried to force Viper4Android in settings and etc. Don't work properly. Previous version is OK.

Hello wajk, there's a way to avoid the "always queue for network for wireless network" option? I heat to resume any download from google play store each time that i'm not using wifi.

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

Hello wajk, there's a way to avoid the "always queue for network for wireless network" option? I heat to resume any download from google play store each time that i'm not using wifi.

Do u have the download icon on the home screen? The one that is green with arrow pointing downwards. Go in there and change the limit size under the settings. I think by default it is set to 1mb.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Do u have the download icon on the home screen? The one that is green with arrow pointing downwards. Go in there and change the limit size under the settings. I think by default it is set to 1mb.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks tomato18, Yes i change it to 20mb, still waiting for wifi message with a playstore download of 6mb. If i resume the download all work fine but.....

Happy birthday Wajk! I hope you'll get a delicious cake that will give you energy for making a incredible custom kernel for WIUI :p

Reactions: Wajk
First of all, Thnx guys. ;)

What will change now (absolutely and on your wiui?)

Not soon, but we should build more optimized kernel/ROM in the future.
example1: more CPU/IO governor for best performance/battery.
example2: UV (undervolting) for maximum battery
example3: many great devs use Nexus4. It has got many kernel and other optimization.
I implemented some settings from N4, but we have got many more chance with kernel sources.

I like full GPU rendering and i think that's how the system should be.

Some app not like that option. That's why I use it only partically.
If you would like to try it, just go to Settings/Developer options and enable this options:
- Disable HW overlays
- Force GPU rendering
and after restart your device ;)

anyway to implant Mi3 stuff or settings from the rom like Camera...etc into Mi2 making some adjustments and settings appear on Mi2/Mi2S rom that only exclusive to Mi3?

I checked Camera app from Mi3 when it released. But that ROM based on 4.2.1, so porting isn't simple.
I also checked lang file, it hasn't too much diff between Mi2/Mi3. (Example Beauty effect)

Last edited:
Hey, new user here with an Mi2S...

I'm currently running the MIUI 3.10.25 and I'm experiencing some instability, so would like to move ROM to this WIUI.

I did read the first post, but just to make sure (scared newbie...). The easiest way to update from MIUI 3.10.25 to this WIUI is to just use the update app and select the WIUI install package?

Thanks...

Oh... Almost forgot: Happy birthday Wajk!

Last edited:
Is it me ?
I can't find the sync accounts menu option WiFi only in the normal complete settings.
Only thru contacts/menu/accounts. Why??

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

easiest way to update from MIUI 3.10.25 to this WIUI is to just use the update app and select the WIUI install package?

Thanks...
Yes. And you can easily return the same way.
That means: I did it that way too. It does not mean that full wipe might not be even better.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Hello everyone. First of all i would like to thank Wajk for his great ROMs, and wish him happy birthday!
I've been using WIUI since last MAY on both my Mi2 and my wife's Mi2 (32Gb versions).
We only have one problem and the problem is with themes! When we download any sms or dialer themes, and apply it, when we go to Messaging we see all our friends with the default white theme/background, but when we open any message or try to write a new message, the previously downloaded/applied theme is shown. Also on Dialer. Contacts are shown with the default theme but the dialer itself is with the downloaded one.
So the downloaded/applied/theme is applied only on DIALER by itself and not on contacts, and on opened messages and not on the page where you see previus messages/friends/inbox :)
Can anyone help please?
We are always using the latest WIUI ROM on both phones!

uploadfromtaptalk1383244005319.jpg

:)

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Can I install WIUI on my device using Updater app if I don't have the CWM recovery and in both systems I have 2 versions of miui?

Last edited: