[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

For the mail..try to wipe cache o reflash...i don't have any of these issue..
For the framerate, instead..there's nothing you can do.. :( (I am annoyed by this low smoothness, too..)
Thanks for the answers, actually I wiped all data when I flashed the rom, but I used a backup after, maybe it's for that reason.
What about photos in low light?!? Why the camera is shooting at 1/15 1/20 ?? It's too low, photos come out blurred. OK you can adjust the iso to solve it but why is not automatically done by the software??
Last question :p is true that the camera software is not optimazed for the 13 mpx version but only for the 8mpx??

IMHO yes, the current camera libs for the 13mpx almost suck.
Specially in low light software should gives its strong hand despite the f2.2 lens (wich are dimmer yes, but with higher range and less prospectic distortion) like the gs4.
However, 8 mpx shoots at 1/3 maximum wich is Not a bad thing if you have fixed subject and good shooting hands and definitely would not fit your necessities

I've had the Mi2 and Mi2S, I consistently took better pictures with the former and it performed better in low light.

Swyped from my Mi2S

I've had the Mi2 and Mi2S, I consistently took better pictures with the former and it performed better in low light.

Swyped from my Mi2S
+1 for that. On mi2s.
If there's anything I would want to complain about on this Rom, it's the quality of the camera, especially in low light conditions. Is it possible to just extract the camera app from miuiandroid classic Rom (which I haven't been using for a while - is it better?) and push it into wiui?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Obscurax
Hello!
i can't understand why from 3.11.29 version (i don't know if it is a base miui problem or just wiui) when i install an app for my sony smartwatch 2 from the play store, the app is not shown in the "installed applications" list in the smartwatch 2 app. to make my watch useful i had to revert my mi2s to 3.11.1 wiui, install all smartwatch's stuff (that worked) and then update to 4.1.10 wiui. but now i cannot add any other smartwatch app in the list! i think that is a problem of the new "security" app in miui, that contains also "permissions": when i installed for example "call handling for smartwatch 2", the system (3.11.1) asked me the permissions to use calls, instead in 4.1.10 there's not any message by the system about it. also if i disable permissions or just trust the app nothing happens.

sorry for the long post, but do u have any idea?

Yes, Mi2 has better camera compared to Mi2S...
because f2.0 in Mi2 & f2.2 in Mi2S.... That Megapixel is a bullshit, marketing gimmick.
Unfortunately i have Mi2S 32GB !:rolleyes:

Well, it's a trade-off, I do find that the Mi2S performs better, i.e. loads apps faster, even smoother operation, etc., but at the cost of camera performance and battery life.

The Mi2(S) is still the best phone in the market in my eyes, and WIUI the best custom rom for it. The only phone that comes close to piquing my interest right now is the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Unfortunately, I don't expect the Compact to have as good battery life as the Mi2S coupled with the extended 3120 mAh battery.

Swyped from my Mi2S

@Wajk: i have signature verification failure with the file downloaded from androidfilehost site....
file from androidfilehost is just 317mb in size whereas the one from goo.im is 335mb in size. !!!
Can u pls check it & upload the correct download link or file ?
Thanks for your wonderful work Wajk... keep it up your good work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wajk
Hi, someone have lockscreen weather animations working properly? On miuiandroid stock ROM they work fine, on wiui weather animation never change itself... I talk about some lock screen themes with weather animation embedded

Yes, Mi2 has better camera compared to Mi2S...
because f2.0 in Mi2 & f2.2 in Mi2S.... That Megapixel is a bullshit, marketing gimmick.
Unfortunately i have Mi2S 32GB !:rolleyes:
I own an 16gb m2s. It is said that this model has f2.0 aperture size. It is the reason why I bought this model instead of the 32gb model. Unless, this is a typo error on the website, which I am not able to prove it.

Can u pls check it & upload the correct download link or file ?
Thanks for your wonderful work Wajk... keep it up your good work.

Thnx for your report, mirror fixed.

How can I add miui weather back?
Since I am a user from China I'd like to use the original miui weather app, it's very convenient.
Thanks for your brilliant work.

Here is MiuiWeather, just flash it via Recovery.
Tested and working right for me, but ofcourse only with English/Chinesse settings.

Attachments

• MiuiWeather_4Mi2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 264
Hmm, my battery drains like hell once again. I am using a 3100 mAh battery. It had 45% battery power when I went to bed and now it's empty. Let's hope I can find out why.

Thnx for your report, mirror fixed.

Here is MiuiWeather, just flash it via Recovery.
Tested and working right for me, but ofcourse only with English/Chinesse settings.
Thanks very much for your excellent work. Best wishes for you.

I own an 16gb m2s. It is said that this model has f2.0 aperture size. It is the reason why I bought this model instead of the 32gb model. Unless, this is a typo error on the website, which I am not able to prove it.
Me too bought 32GB version just because of this small difference where they said the camera is good in 32GB Mi2S with f2.0 & CPU is also better compared to Mi2 which helps in improved quality of the photos taken. I believed that. at that moment knew nothing about Xiaomi & i was totally clueless about MIUI & their huge supporting forums & Fans...

Now i know better about Xiaomi... Very soon i am going to change my Phone to Meizu MX3 or MX4. It is supposed to have a better camera pic quality compared to Xiaomi....

+1 for that. On mi2s.
If there's anything I would want to complain about on this Rom, it's the quality of the camera, especially in low light conditions. Is it possible to just extract the camera app from miuiandroid classic Rom (which I haven't been using for a while - is it better?) and push it into wiui?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

I experience the same but I think it has to do with with MI2S hardware. I really love this ROM but the camera is awfull.

Wonderful ROM! Thanks a lot! ;-)
For the next update, i make only the flash? Wipe davilk etc etc is unnecessary? Thanks! Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Just in case someone were experiencing FC of whatsapp in the first minute and half after boot, the "culprit" is the sqlite3 vacuum and reindex of .db
Just delete corresponding lines in the init.d engine script : you won't have databases defragmented and cleaned at every boot but whatsapp database will load soon xD