[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Check first post, this is MIUIandroid ROM, so don't worry, just try it ;)

I optimized lower values (high values for sunlight are untouched), because at night in my opinion screen was too bright, but we are not same. If you would like to use default settings, just replace framework-res.apk from original ROM. Or try higher Performance settings for higher values.

thnx for your feedback
Which file exactly we should replace on framework-res.apk to have brighter screen, i don't want to replace all because of your "optimized framework"
Tks in adv

I want to try this ROM but i have a question :

- do i need to enable the dualboot ? If not, can i run this ROM directly on system1 for example and still have the MIUI V5 on system 2 ?

- Is this ROM support french ?

Thanks

I want to try this ROM but i have a question :

- do i need to enable the dualboot ? If not, can i run this ROM directly on system1 for example and still have the MIUI V5 on system 2 ?

- Is this ROM support french ?

Thanks

- You don't need True Dual Boot
- Yes, they can coexist without any problem
- Yes, french is supported! :)

Thank you for your quick answer !

So I will try this rom today.

I have a last question : is a different kernel into this ROM or it's the same than the one on MIUI V5?

Me too bought 32GB version just because of this small difference where they said the camera is good in 32GB Mi2S with f2.0 & CPU is also better compared to Mi2 which helps in improved quality of the photos taken. I believed that.
No brother. It is not stated that m2s 32gb has f2.0 aperture size. Only 16gb version has it. (stated on wesbite) Otherwise, I would have bought the 32gb version because there is not much price difference between these 2. Still, I couldnt prove how true this is unless there is a way to check the hardware.

ps:sorry to go offtopic.

Last edited:
Hello to all from new Xiaomi MIUIer...

Unfortunately for first post I have a problem. I tried to flash Wajks latest WIUI folowing procedure on 1st post, first installed latest CWM, then flashed ROM on system 1. It updated some (I think 111) apps and rebooted but then when it awakes it gives me message 'Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stoped'. It gives me option 'Report MIUI' and 'OK'. No matter wich I choose it pops up again and again and again...

What to do now? Do I have option to go back to MIUI v5 on system 2? I now have CWM and do not know how... On original MIUI recovery had option which system to power up.

Thanks in advance for answers! (hopefully fast... ;) )

Sorry not to mention it in first post, yes. I followed procedure from 1st post, installed CWM, flashed ROM, wipe cache, advanced/wipe dalvik cache.

I must excuse me for eventual errors/typos in sentences, english is not my first language...

edit:
I am parallel searching forum for solutions and trying to solve it. I got to CWM and found option how to change which system is default under advanced options. I tried to change it from 1 to 2 and let it reboot but it always boots WIUI... ?!? I dont know how did I manage to do that.

Last edited:
Sorry not to mention it in first post, yes. I followed procedure from 1st post, installed CWM, flashed ROM, wipe cache, advanced/wipe dalvik cache.

I must excuse me for eventual errors/typos in sentences, english is not my first language...

edit:
I am parallel searching forum for solutions and trying to solve it. I got to CWM and found option how to change which system is default under advanced options. I tried to change it from 1 to 2 and let it reboot but it always boots WIUI... ?!? I dont know how did I manage to do that.
method 1:
use CWM Recovery
- download the latest WiUi ROM
- flash latest CWM Recovery from here via Updater app (if you are coming from other ROM than WiUi)
- power off your phone
- use power+volup for enter to Recovery
- flash WIUI_JB_Mi2_3_x_xx.zip to system1 or system2
- use Wipe Cache and Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
This is from 1st post. There is nothing about wiping /data, so if you are installing wiui for the first time and you are having trouble, I suggest you try wiping /data first and then report back. It often helps people out.

Reactions: ToMo73
edit:

Regarding CWM: read carefully 1st CWM post as well. on first install, system 1 and system 2 are both using the same /data partition. So, if you really want two systems running in your phone, then you have to enable "True dual boot" (TDB). This will wipe your /data-partition as well. Both systems just share sd-card-data.

This is from 1st post. There is nothing about wiping /data, so if you are installing wiui for the first time and you are having trouble, I suggest you try wiping /data first and then report back. It often helps people out.

I misunderstood you. I followed that last instruction and wiped cache and wiped Dalvik cache. I assumed that you meant that... my foult.

I made a backup in MIUI before I started flashing, but I did not copyed it from phone. If I wipe data in CWM all this will be deleted? Am I correct. And now I cannot connect phone to PC, it says it has no drivers (Win7). Before I could normally transfer files using USB cable.

edit:
Is there any way to copy backup data from SD card while in CWM?

Last edited:
Regarding CWM: read carefully 1st CWM post as well. on first install, system 1 and system 2 are both using the same /data partition. So, if you really want two systems running in your phone, then you have to enable "True dual boot" (TDB). This will wipe your /data-partition as well. Both systems just share sd-card-data.

:) Thanks, now I know what that means...

Hello to all from new Xiaomi MIUIer...

Unfortunately for first post I have a problem. I tried to flash Wajks latest WIUI folowing procedure on 1st post, first installed latest CWM, then flashed ROM on system 1. It updated some (I think 111) apps and rebooted but then when it awakes it gives me message 'Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stoped'. It gives me option 'Report MIUI' and 'OK'. No matter wich I choose it pops up again and again and again...

What to do now? Do I have option to go back to MIUI v5 on system 2? I now have CWM and do not know how... On original MIUI recovery had option which system to power up.

Thanks in advance for answers! (hopefully fast... ;) )

I got that problem only using an old version of WiUi (of august) and the last MiUi 4.1.10. Flashing the newer WiUi solved my problem. Maybe you're experiencing the same problem, using an old MiUi and a (too) newer WiUi.. Try to flash last MiUi, too, if you still haven't do that..

I misunderstood you. I followed that last instruction and wiped cache and wiped Dalvik cache. I assumed that you meant that... my foult.

I made a backup in MIUI before I started flashing, but I did not copyed it from phone. If I wipe data in CWM all this will be deleted? Am I correct. And now I cannot connect phone to PC, it says it has no drivers (Win7). Before I could normally transfer files using USB cable.

edit:
Is there any way to copy backup data from SD card while in CWM?
No need to do that. Backup is always on SD card, and SD card will stay untouched (as long as you don't wipe it, but you have to do it intentionally). If you still want to copy SD card data, boot into fastboot and do it with adb tools. There are many sites where you can read how to do it. I think that there's a special miui software for Windows users as well, where you can flash and do many other things with your phone.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

HI ALL,
i use daily without problem Wiui, but from this build i have problem with my bluetooth gamepad (ipega)
I flash the Wiui some week ago because only with it my gamepad work very well ( without lag on feedback touch)

In the original miuiandroid and with lasts wiui the lag problem is present
Is there some bluetooth driver on previous version i can flash to solve the lag?
i remember that the november build had particulare bluetooth driver from Waijk, no?
thx and sorry for my english

No need to do that. Backup is always on SD card, and SD card will stay untouched (as long as you don't wipe it, but you have to do it intentionally).
OK, I didnt know that. I was thinking that wiping data will erase my all data (backups, pictures,...). So I wiped data and then restored my backup. But ROM was not 100% OK, there were some errors coming. Also I noticed that screen is very dark and sound was pretty weak, which I didnt liked. Now I'm back on MIUI v5, restored my backup and everything is back to normal... Maybe I will give it another try for this ROM later.

Thanks principio for all your help!
If you still want to copy SD card data, boot into fastboot and do it with adb tools. There are many sites where you can read how to do it. I think that there's a special miui software for Windows users as well, where you can flash and do many other things with your phone.

Khm, I dont know what fastboot is and how to get there, adb tools also. So I will let it for now, maybe later when I will have more time to read about it...

Hello!
i can't understand why from 3.11.29 version (i don't know if it is a base miui problem or just wiui) when i install an app for my sony smartwatch 2 from the play store, the app is not shown in the "installed applications" list in the smartwatch 2 app. to make my watch useful i had to revert my mi2s to 3.11.1 wiui, install all smartwatch's stuff (that worked) and then update to 4.1.10 wiui. but now i cannot add any other smartwatch app in the list! i think that is a problem of the new "security" app in miui, that contains also "permissions": when i installed for example "call handling for smartwatch 2", the system (3.11.1) asked me the permissions to use calls, instead in 4.1.10 there's not any message by the system about it. also if i disable permissions or just trust the app nothing happens.

sorry for the long post, but do u have any idea?

no one of you knows any thing about this permissions' problem?

Hi guys! I m on latest wiui and i have a problem with tethering wifi/bluetooth.. Other device can connect but it s not able to navigate on web... Network speed is zero. I tried also to add /remove encryption but always same result... Do you have that problem? Ahhhh also tethering third app didn't work... (barnacle for example... connection not visibile). Hope to solve this since my lg pad does not have 3g module! Thanks wajk for your hard work! :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

If I flash the new version of the ROM.
What happens to WSM tools(MI tools) ? Will it work well after updating the rom?

Also can xposed framework works on WiUi?
Thanks

I use wsm tools, works great.

That isn't the question. He doesn't ask how it works, he asks if it still works after an update.

If I flash the new version of the ROM.
What happens to WSM tools(MI tools) ? Will it work well after updating the rom?

Also can xposed framework works on WiUi?
Thanks
I had some problems with that. After an update Mi-Tools stopped working. I fixed it by removing it in WSM Tools and reinstalling it. Good luck!

Reactions: letsfifa