[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

hi guys, i want to ask a question. i have TDB enabled on my system. now i have mokee 4.4.2 on system 1 and wiui JB on system 2.
i would like to experiment with WIUI v4 on system 1, however it always shows status 7 when i try to install. FYI, my CWM is 6.0.4.8. is it the problem and need to revert to old CWM?

uhmm ok...so with nandroid backup i can backup everything exactly as i have now?I mean a really mirror of my system?
Because i spent months to put a order on my miui. And i can't now reorganize everything

uhmm ok...so with nandroid backup i can backup everything exactly as i have now?I mean a really mirror of my system?
Because i spent months to put a order on my miui. And i can't now reorganize everything

Yes, it will be rolled back exactly as it is now. So make the backup from the recovery, enable tdb, flash the backup in one of the two partitions and then flash wiui in the other one.

O-M-G

Trying now, why i never tried it before! I made something like 10backups before because i thought it would format also the data part (i mean the SD card).
I installed vrsion 4.4.11 then just restore backup from miui backup app.
I did TDB then normal install (is that ok?)
Feel phone is smoother don't know if only i think that or is real...like a placebo effect. Anyway it's very very good rom, i prefer than miui It's the same but feel optimize. And people say to me battery life is improved.
You have some suggestion i should do know?

Try the kitkat version of wiui too. Working nicely for me as a daily for me and feels a little smoother...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Yes is smooth but i feel that is still rather unstable than JB wiui...you can also try other kernels (during aroma install) , wsm tools and other tweaks and performance settings provided in the first post. Wiui is almost limitless...

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you (Grazie anzi)
Well i prefer having something ver yvery stable at least in one partition because i need the phone really too much... So prefer keep this and the other partition change.
I installed in the other partition CM 11...wow, it's smooth! Very very fast. Don't know if it's stable like miui but first impression is "WOW"

Figurati! (U're welcome!)
It's been a month that 'm using CM 11 as main rom and trust me, is fast as stable as hell (especially the last version, i will try latest "pizza" from linux in these days and I'll tell you in the other thread). JB Wiui is simply the best rom for reliability and speed while keeping miui "flavour". KK Wiui has a lot of potential and latest version it's more stable than the old, bit still far from JB.
Now se just hope that Xiaomi will release soon official KK ROM along with V6, because latest updates are "fuffa" (in english I would say "banana updates")...thanks God there are unofficial developers ;)

Inviato dal mio Nokia 6600 con Tapatalk

Reactions: barbuti17
I see.
Very very curious to use CM...uhm..
One question, if i use it i install again all the app ecc in the CM partition right? But i use exactly the double space right? Is there a way to share app (and not just music ecc)?
The only way is to install app in CM and uninstall in Wiui?(don't have enough space for all, i have 16gb then they all duplicate ..)

What you suggest? (anyway wiui is great so i will see)

I do all this because of the last upadate of miui...really "uno schifo" (very very bad)

Last edited:
Nope, the only thing that u can share is general data like music, movies, photos etc. But you have to reinstall every app on both partitions (even if some apps like whatsapp will find backup of old data in the other partition) if space is an issue for you could just use the other partition for testing roms or apps you may need if you decide to change your main rom.

ok i got it.
Eh...hard choosing...what you prefer? Maybe i can do like that
1-Backup of Wiui rom
2-Using CM11 and install everything (it's not the worst part, i mean the documents,photo,ecc re for me crazy but as i undestood all that are in the sd so no problem)
3-I'll see if if i like. In nay case i can come back to wiui with backup

Right?

What you prefer?

I think your idea is good, it's exactly what I did when istalling first Wiui after enabling TDB. I kept my nandroided Miui with apps in case of instability (I have 32gb so no hassle with space) of the brand new Wiui in the other partition...result? Never came back to official Miui.

Ok.
I'm using now CM...really is fast wow! it's different then Wiui of course but...!!
Why is not official? It seems everything works great!.
HJow about battery? Worst then wiui?

I've had great battery life with a wiui released on nov2013 (3.11.29 if i'm not mistaken) maybe the best, but in general and in my experience (apart from some cases) wiui is not battery hungry. Latest CM is good also, I manage to reach almost 24h battery with middle/heavy usage and CPU down to 1,2ghz on stock battery and i'm fine with this result. I dunno latest 2 or 3 wiui builds because i'm installing them mostly for testing the performance and stability with some apps I use most. Battery testing require time to "adapt" the hw to the new rom, so maybe someone else here that is using latest wiui as main rom can clarify better. However, from CM side I can say that it's really good.

Thanks a lot
Trying now CM11. I think i will keep it because it's amazing how fast it is...and it's 4.4.2

But why Miui doesn't release kit kat for his own phone and CM team has to do! I mean it's crazy! Love you team CM

I returned to WIUI after a few months with CM11, the main reason was that I really needed handsfree buttons to work. And I feel that the sound volume is much higher with WIUI.
Anyway, my problem is that I cannot add any new themes from the "Theme" app. I'd like a theme that it's as black as it gets, I'd like it to theme even my Gmail. Is there such a theme and where can I download it? Thanks!

I returned to WIUI after a few months with CM11, the main reason was that I really needed handsfree buttons to work. And I feel that the sound volume is much higher with WIUI.
Anyway, my problem is that I cannot add any new themes from the "Theme" app. I'd like a theme that it's as black as it gets, I'd like it to theme even my Gmail. Is there such a theme and where can I download it? Thanks!

You mean media volume or general?because i did noto feel that.i can ne wrong of course..
Concerning the speed And general what do you think? Wiui or cm?

How van i install the dictionaries for aosp keyboard?i have italiano buy o need english too

You mean media volume or general?because i did noto feel that.i can ne wrong of course..
Concerning the speed And general what do you think? Wiui or cm?

How van i install the dictionaries for aosp keyboard?i have italiano buy o need english too

I can also be wrong about the sound, but I have that feeling and had it before, when I switched from WIUI to CM, I was feeling that the sound on CM11 was significantly lower.
WIUI boots faster, but in general I believe that CM11 is lighter and faster. On the other hand, MI2S's hardware is so fast, that remains really snappy and a joy to use even with the "heavier" WIUI. I never run benchmarks, I do not care about numbers.
I do not know about AOSP keyboard, I only use Swype.

Thank you very much.
So my sensation was right, i had the same. I mean i love miui (i loved it actually i love wiui) but since i tried cm i feel it's really fast and light, think surely lighter and very probably faster. I have Mi2 and not mi2s but similar harwdare very powerful yes.

I tried another keyboard, TouchpalX...beautiful keyboard, light and fast as aosp cm default but useful and complete as swiftkey :)

CM will be then official in these days...

Thank you very much.
So my sensation was right, i had the same. I mean i love miui (i loved it actually i love wiui) but since i tried cm i feel it's really fast and light, think surely lighter and very probably faster. I have Mi2 and not mi2s but similar harwdare very powerful yes.

I tried another keyboard, TouchpalX...beautiful keyboard, light and fast as aosp cm default but useful and complete as swiftkey :)

CM will be then official in these days...

I just switched back to CM11. Unforunately, MIUI's/WIUI's problems with gmail sync are still here and it really ruins those roms, syncing with a gmail account is totally unreliable. So I'll have to leave with no handsfree buttons and no MiKey support...