[ROM] [4.4.2] MIUI v5 [Ivan]

I have it running from the first day it was online. Battery seems ok, just like normal MIUI. But sometimes it has huge drains. Without those drains i can have 4/4,5 hours screen on time.

About performance.. Normal miui is better. The 'conserve' mode is really to slow for me, normal mode is doable, 'perform' mode is ok. But 'perform' mode in this rom is the same as 'conserve' in standard miui rom. So it is definitely not a fast rom.

Tbe thing i really love about this rom is the camera. It is just awesome. The best i had so far. It shoots reaaaally fast, and focus is ok, quality is good.

Stability is ok. I have some forced closed but thats just once a day. So thats ok for me.

So. This rom has still a long way to go. But i can use it as daily
That is good to hear. Let's see what the next version of this rom will bring. Ivan is making lots of progress it seems.

This is a wonderful news.. :)
Just to be sure, are you using the 13MP (imx135) sensor? If you use touch-to-focus to repeatidly focus different areas of the same frame in middle or low-light conditions, does the focus never fail to report a blurry scene as focused (green viewfinder)?
TO me the camera was even worst than b4. Image quailty was noticeably lower than stock miui. Very noticeable higher noises in low light conditions. Decreased in image file size. No ISO selection AUTO mode only. No HDR mode. Only thing good was the shutter speed was faster than stock miui but focus still crappy.

hi guys, just want to share another alternative 'taste' of MIUI kitkat developed by Ivan. there are WIUI KK and MIUI KK by flydev. since WIUI have its own topics, i will share the one by flydev.
09_avatar_middle.jpg
ROM features:
- Replace the transition animation to KK transition animation
- Replace the compression boot animation volume
- 20% reduction in the volume occupied by the case of streamlining ROM, MIUI retention characteristics
- Zero Built-APP, no sneaking backstage to promote the application and plug-flow
- Modify the Hosts file to advertising
- Replacing FLY-UI font used, only limited by the thematic framework presented in section TextView
- Adding some for Qualcomm CPU power saving code (pm.sleep_mode) the build
- Support MSW and MiTools, not built
- Replacing a default wallpaper
i have tried this rom. i can not find gapps (integrated like WIUI KK, so i think you should install by yourself)
but the most amazing feature for me is: they integrate the transition animation to KK transition animation. i should say this is faster and smoother than the default one. EDIT: it seems it only change some animations, not all.
i haven't noticed another thing, since i have just installed the rom. if you want to try, download in this link:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1vRb1W

source: http://www.miui.com/thread-1746874-1-1.html

Last edited:
Reactions: manuliz and Lepi
MIUI 4.5.9 will be v5 with KitKat base for Mi3W, do you know if this ROM will become the official for Mi2S in next releases or is it an Ivan's side project? :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

New update today:

Update records
1 update to the latest code MIUI
2 repair calls without vibration BUG
3. Optimize sensitivity and automatic brightness LCD brightness values
4. Optimize LCD brightness manually lowest value
5. Repair fonts too small BUG
6. Repair some missing fonts and graphics APP interface, display half BUG
7 fixes some FC
8. Attempt to open art mode, compatibility issues, then please feedback.
(Thanks to a small group of MIUI development partners)
9. Optimize sliding fluency, optimize application fluency jump
10. Repair an error recovery Brush
(The previous version although an error, but it is already a success in the brush)
11 See other updates MIUI update log
12. Additional models meters 2A

Known BUG:
1 some users of cloud services abnormalities, such as cell phone lookup function
2 No Dolby sound
3 The machine can not read the SIM card number, resulting in SIM activation problems
4 Part abnormal network assistant phone card users
5 Other occupied Edition
6 Further more, please feedback

Download:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/16a9UA
Pw: 1963

Last edited:
ok lags aren't full gone but the improvement is tangible. The only one thing i can complain is the browser because is awful

on 4.5.17 still experiencing the same bug,

Remaining issue still is active is screen goes black when I pickup call ...cannot get screen visualised
When being called I cannot end call as I cannot get screen visual

experiencing the same bug as Ivan's version :

Remaining issue still is active is screen goes black when I pickup call ...cannot get screen visualised
When being called I cannot end call as I cannot get screen visual