[ROM] [4.4.2] MIUI v5 [Ivan]

I've got a huge battery drain because of the 'mediaserver'. This is what wakelock detector shows:
Screenshot_2014_05_01_09_29_00.png

It can't be greenfield. Can I freeze or delete this 1013 process, or the Audio is? I don't even know what it is and does

I've got a huge battery drain because of the 'mediaserver'. This is what wakelock detector shows:

It can't be greenfield. Can I freeze or delete this 1013 process, or the Audio is? I don't even know what it is and does
Wakelocks from kernel

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

1013 is the audio process. Have you been listening to something (music, radio, video) for about 20 min? ;)

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

1013 is the audio process. Have you been listening to something (music, radio, video) for about 20 min? ;)

Nope, nothing. In fact. My speaker is tucked up, so I don't use any kind of audio on my phone (except when I'm watching Netflix, then I use earphones but I have only watched Netflix like 5 minutes in this battery cyclus)

Hmm.. My knowledge stops here then, i'm sorry. In my experience this process starts when i play music.

What about the Camera Autofocus accuracy/speed, has it been improved (camera driver updated)? I mean, when touching the screen to focus a shadowed area or a not-very-very-bright scene, with the current MIUI/other ROM in MI2S 32Gb it fails to focus 9/10 times, is it better with this ROM?

Another question, being MIUI on KitKat, has it been changed the partition table? (only one partition for apps data and media?)
With MIUI v5 Android 4.1.2 apps data cannot be moved to virtual /sdcard partition and the /data partition becomes full quickly...

Maybe a case, but the classic changelog preview of MIUI 4.5.2 has not been released yet today.. :)

What about the Camera Autofocus accuracy/speed, has it been improved (camera driver updated)? I mean, when touching the screen to focus a shadowed area or a not-very-very-bright scene, with the current MIUI/other ROM in MI2S 32Gb it fails to focus 9/10 times, is it better with this ROM?

Another question, being MIUI on KitKat, has it been changed the partition table? (only one partition for apps data and media?)
With MIUI v5 Android 4.1.2 apps data cannot be moved to virtual /sdcard partition and the /data partition becomes full quickly...

Maybe a case, but the classic changelog preview of MIUI 4.5.2 has not been released yet today.. :)
in china now is holyday

Reactions: guari
which one do you mean, MIUI or WIUI 4.4.2? i have tried WIUI and the autofocus works well. i haven't noticed the memory consumption, but i guess it is similar to JB WIUI
I mean WIUI 4.4.2. My condition is that autofocus only works once. When I want to take next picture, it fails. I have to touch the point where I want to focus on manually.

Disable touch and lockscreen sounds. Anyway you have only 6% awake, its just a little wakelock.

Reactions: Koen van den Braak
Do not use art if u're not a dev. I know u'll do this anyway, but do not start crying about stange behaviors

I use art in mokee for a week now. Perfectly stable with uber battery life. Same feedback for nexus 5 in xda forums.

I use art in mokee for a week now. Perfectly stable with uber battery life. Same feedback for nexus 5 in xda forums.

i not use this rom) I use Mokee 4.4.2. I like ART with Mokee.
I thought someone might be interested in trying ART in MIUI 4.4.2
It *looks* stable.. On every device I have, art is much much laggy than dalvik. Battery is *a bit* better but i prefer to have a phone that's booting and don't have to worry about bootloops and that's more stable. Art isn't for kk. It's for L* (4.5/5.0). The L android release will have a totally better art, the one that's inside kk it's too buggy compared to unstable android source branch

Reactions: Lepi
It *looks* stable.. On every device I have, art is much much laggy than dalvik. Battery is *a bit* better but i prefer to have a phone that's booting and don't have to worry about bootloops and that's more stable. Art isn't for kk. It's for L* (4.5/5.0). The L android release will have a totally better art, the one that's inside kk it's too buggy compared to unstable android source branch

I'm used it also with ivan aosp and I didn't had any trouble. Used in my lg gpad too with now problem at all (slimkat, liquidsmooth, madhi etc) :/ maybe I use apps that are more compatible with art..

The L android release will have a totally better artk
every person can make choices for themselves. I took a chance and do not regret it. ART does not stand still and improved along with the code KK. Of course in the next version will work better, but it is progress and it is logical

every person can make choices for themselves. I took a chance and do not regret it. ART does not stand still and improved along with the code KK. Of course in the next version will work better, but it is progress and it is logical
I'm used it also with ivan aosp and I didn't had any trouble. Used in my lg gpad too with now problem at all (slimkat, liquidsmooth, madhi etc) :/ maybe I use apps that are more compatible with art..

I told u can use it,but don't came and say there's a bug xxxx while doing xxxx and I'm running art

I told u can use it,but don't came and say there's a bug xxxx while doing xxxx and I'm running art

Whay did you care if some users say that? You are not the developer of the rom -__- And who are you to say that a user can't say that there is a bug in art? For the people that use art its good to know that in X case there is an Y bug. Please stop with this attitude, because things that do not interest you, does not mean that do not interest to others.

Whay did you care if some users say that? You are not the developer of the rom -__- And who are you to say that a user can't say that there is a bug in art? For the people that use art its good to know that in X case there is an Y bug. Please stop with this attitude, because things that do not interest you, does not mean that do not interest to others.
The developer removed art (see known bugs here) because it causes to many problems. So surely you can add it back, but on your own risk. And nobody will care if you have problems because of that. That's why you were told to not complain then here about the result, unless you post something like"...you were right, that's running pretty unstable..." and really want some users to have a little smile in their faces. :)

And btw: please also think about your attitude - c'mon guys stop getting pissed of of every word someone says, even if it's your motherlanguage or not, read it twice, and if needed get a beer and forget about it.

The developer removed art (see known bugs here) because it causes to many problems. So surely you can add it back, but on your own risk. And nobody will care if you have problems because of that. That's why you were told to not complain then here about the result, unless you post something like"...you were right, that's running pretty unstable..." and really want some users to have a little smile in their faces. :)

And btw: please also think about your attitude - c'mon guys stop getting pissed of of every word someone says, even if it's your motherlanguage or not, read it twice, and if needed get a beer and forget about it.

Sometimes the problem is how someone arises, not the problem itself. The kindness should be used with others, because we are here to help each others. Regarding the beer, if you were from my area I would offer you one gladly :)

Reactions: Koen van den Braak
Maybe the forum should close, no more help for nobody :p

Just have some respect for each other. This also means sometimes you can tell somebody to be a little less rude with the things they say. Like @paulrlz says: everybody may ask everything.
And I think anybody can answer to any question, if you do not want to answer... dont answer. It's not like somebody is asking how to put up the volume or "what is gmail?" ^^

So anybody has tested this new Miui rom? Better then JB?

:p
So anybody has tested this new Miui rom? Better then JB?

I have it running from the first day it was online. Battery seems ok, just like normal MIUI. But sometimes it has huge drains. Without those drains i can have 4/4,5 hours screen on time.

About performance.. Normal miui is better. The 'conserve' mode is really to slow for me, normal mode is doable, 'perform' mode is ok. But 'perform' mode in this rom is the same as 'conserve' in standard miui rom. So it is definitely not a fast rom.

Tbe thing i really love about this rom is the camera. It is just awesome. The best i had so far. It shoots reaaaally fast, and focus is ok, quality is good.

Stability is ok. I have some forced closed but thats just once a day. So thats ok for me.

So. This rom has still a long way to go. But i can use it as daily

I have it running from the first day it was online. Battery seems ok, just like normal MIUI. But sometimes it has huge drains. Without those drains i can have 4/4,5 hours screen on time.

About performance.. Normal miui is better. The 'conserve' mode is really to slow for me, normal mode is doable, 'perform' mode is ok. But 'perform' mode in this rom is the same as 'conserve' in standard miui rom. So it is definitely not a fast rom.

Tbe thing i really love about this rom is the camera. It is just awesome. The best i had so far. It shoots reaaaally fast, and focus is ok, quality is good.

Stability is ok. I have some forced closed but thats just once a day. So thats ok for me.

So. This rom has still a long way to go. But i can use it as daily
So finally the bad focus is fixed! Glad to hear that!

This is a wonderful news.. :)
Just to be sure, are you using the 13MP (imx135) sensor? If you use touch-to-focus to repeatidly focus different areas of the same frame in middle or low-light conditions, does the focus never fail to report a blurry scene as focused (green viewfinder)?