[rom] Cm12.1 For Aries By M1cha

I did some ROM building myself (using M1cha's sources) over at XDA to fix the problems with Stagefright. Also I would love to help creating betters ROMs, but without sources that is kinda hard :) If you don't want to release your sources I understand, but then you shouldn't complain nobody is helping you...

I never complain about that. There is many people here and Hunters group helping me with tests and suggesting how to make ROM better for all of you. I'm really happy about that.
The thing is that there is leak of stable Mi2 firmware in 5.1.1 branch and we need something to start with. Once it get it stable everything is possible.

Anyway great to know that we have new person in community who can (and I hope) want to help us to continue making new ROMs for Mi2 devices ;) I think it's a great device and can work for long time without problem.

Does anybody know if it is possible to turn off or otherwise disable back side microphone (for background noise suppression) in CM12.x? In CM11 it was possible via option in build.prop.

As some of you have already noticed public RC1 has been released ;)

It takes a lot of time and effort to make it working in the way that should be enough to make everybody happy ;)
This is something huge for me and when I build a change log I haven't thought that so many things has been done. It's even more but who reads changelogs? :)

For now I have to take care about my work so I can't be here to often but I have done new version which goes to Hunters in near future.

In this place I want to thank you for helping me with tests to all members of Hunters group! They rocks! ;)

Enjoy!
BuGi

PS. Please have a look for my ask: post

Link for ROM:
http://aloneinthespace.cf/s/lasthope-rom.html
Version: cm-12.1-20151213-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries.zip

It takes a lot of time and effort to make it working in the way that should be enough to make everybody happy ;)
This is something huge for me and when I build a change log I haven't thought that so many things has been done. It's even more but who reads changelogs? :)
I'm read changelog :)

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bugers
I allways read the changelog to view if bugs are solved.
Thank you so much for your effort and i have not another mi 2s sorry but i can contibute to you buy a second hand

Enviado desde mi ONE E1003 mediante Tapatalk

As some of you have already noticed public RC1 has been released ;)

For now I have to take care about my work so I can't be here to often but I have done new version which goes to Hunters in near future.

In this place I want to thank you for helping me with tests to all members of Hunters group! They rocks! ;)

Enjoy!
BuGi

PS. Please have a look for my ask: post

Link for ROM:
http://aloneinthespace.cf/s/lasthope-rom.html
Version: cm-12.1-20151213-EXPERIMENTAL-BuGi-aries.zip
I have been working in RC1 now thank you for your work Thank you haha.

first, thanks @bugers for your work! :)

@ThaRooP I flashed directly from last m1cha cm with unified merged partition to Burger rc1, except a minor gapps issue it seems to work fine so far.

- wiped cache&dalvik & flashed bugers
-Issue: google play services stopped working, playstore cant connect
-I removed all google apps (interesting is, that i also could remove the apps which should be not-removeable, however, i could just uninstall them.
-flashed new gapps package (http://opengapps.org/?api=5.1&variant=nano)
- exchange connection disappeared, used it with stock email app.
-flashed micro gapps over it, at least i have now exchange connection available in gmail.
Would be nice to get email-app exchange connection back again, but I can also live without it.
Will see if it runs stable or if I have to wipe it completely.

Flashed, for now is very fluid and stable. Thank you bugers!

Two bugs for now:
- wifi sometimes doesn't turn on, if reboot is all ok
- videos (youtube, Facebook..) are not fluid(stops and starts) , if I reboot is all ok. I had this problem only two times

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

first, thanks @bugers for your work! :)

@ThaRooP I flashed directly from last m1cha cm with unified merged partition to Burger rc1, except a minor gapps issue it seems to work fine so far.

- wiped cache&dalvik & flashed bugers
-Issue: google play services stopped working, playstore cant connect
-I removed all google apps (interesting is, that i also could remove the apps which should be not-removeable, however, i could just uninstall them.
-flashed new gapps package (http://opengapps.org/?api=5.1&variant=nano)
- exchange connection disappeared, used it with stock email app.
-flashed micro gapps over it, at least i have now exchange connection available in gmail.
Would be nice to get email-app exchange connection back again, but I can also live without it.
Will see if it runs stable or if I have to wipe it completely.
You can find exhange in the opengapps aroma

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

Flashed, for now is very fluid and stable. Thank you bugers!

Two bugs for now:
- wifi sometimes doesn't turn on, if reboot is all ok
- videos (youtube, Facebook..) are not fluid(stops and starts) , if I reboot is all ok. I had this problem only two times

you should try to delete cache, it can fix a lot of small bugs

Reactions: bialabs
Does anybody know, how the memory leak mentioned earlier by @bugers exhibit during normal use?

High battery consumption? Random reboots? Is it a show stopper?

Does anybody know, how the memory leak mentioned earlier by @bugers exhibit during normal use?

High battery consumption? Random reboots? Is it a show stopper?
No high battery consumption.. It's same as m1cha one... When phone is idle battery consumption is less... Regarding reboot.. No reboot
I can not comment on memory leak as I really don't know how to trace the same
Definitely any one can switch, without problem..

If you are going to support the latest single system layout, will you also add other standard CM languages? I'm really looking forward for moving out of MIUI because of battery and bad Bluetooth audio, but i also want to have (atleast most) of my phone in my language.

Reactions: ThaRooP
you should try to delete cache, it can fix a lot of small bugs
Cache wiped but nothing
I'll add spanish to Todo's
Bugs on my device for now:
- sometimes videos becomes laggy
- power button doesn't wake up the device
(happened 2 times)
- wifi doesn't turn on, if I reboot is all ok

PS. Please add also Italian language

Reactions: unicoco12345