[rom | Mod] Smiui.net Rom Kitchen Discussion Thread

smiui-net

Members
Sep 10, 2016
sMiUI.net ROM Kitchen

sMiUI is a Custom-ROM for Xiaomi-Devices that started in late 2014. It is based on the weekly Developer ROM and the stable ROM as well, released by Xiaomi. Further we participate from the xioami.eu Team, which does a great job in adding European languages to the chinese ROM!
sMiUI packs lots of great features, fixes and performance-tunings on top! www.smiui.net is a platform for all about Xiaomi ! Roms, Mods, News, Deals and Discussion about latest Xiaomi Smartphones and Gadgets.

ROM FEATURES

Multilanguage -- CenterClock
init.d Support -- zipaligned -- Battery Tweaks
Performance Tweaks -- RAM Tweaks
Cleaner UI -- SuperSu Root
Removed Chinese Apps -- Faster GPS
3-Way Reboot Menu -- Volume Boost
Modded UI Animations -- AdBlocker
Unicode MMS -- SystemApp Selection
CPU/Thermal Tweaks -- And many more ...

The sMiUI ROM-Kitchen enables you to choose and select only the Features and Mods you want! You can either cook a ROM with basic improvements, or pack lots of Design, Performance and App Features on top of it.
Select your device and start customizing sMiUI just as you like it - its easy as that.

read more and download sMiUI at
www.smiui.net
cooking.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
Would love to use it, but what exacty do you mean with "Install sMiUI for Mi 5 only with a Modded Recovery"?
Is TWRP enough?
Also is this Qualcomm battery saving mod included? There's no check box..

Thanks guys!
Would love to use it, but what exacty do you mean with "Install sMiUI for Mi 5 only with a Modded Recovery"?
Is TWRP enough?
Also is this Qualcomm battery saving mod included? There's no check box..

With "modded Recovery" we are talking about TWRP, as you can see when you follow the link. So yes, TWRP is fine.
A complete "How to Install"-Page will come very soon.

We are currently adding new features and you will have a checkbox for that mod soon. Currently its not included.

HI,

i have a Mi4c that heats with little work.

with a full wipe i did already try the smiui, slim, mokee rom and the phone still gets a little worm with internet browsing for exempla. The only rom that behave well is the CM from teamsuperluminal.

But i have a Xiaomi i don't want to use a CM i want miui and i love Smiui rom, clean and fast.

i did tweak the thermal engine and remove the input boos freq and that works just fine in the CM from TS.

Maybe a baseband related issue? or something about the CPU behaver under SMiui.

best regards,
John

P.S: I don't have wakelocks or something like that i did clean my phone before the tests.

Great rom! and great work, thank you.
I used these roms with my previous Redmi Note 2, now I use smiui with my Mi Note Pro. The best ROM for Xiaomi! Fast, customizable, clean, with a reduced battery drain than Xiaomi.eu's Roms and original Xiaomi Roms.

I have a question: with last weekly (6.9.8) it's disappeared the "App Permission" option (Security app-->Permissions-->Options). Now there is only "Install from USB" option, "App Permission manager" is disappeared. Do you know why?

HI,

i have a Mi4c that heats with little work.

with a full wipe i did already try the smiui, slim, mokee rom and the phone still gets a little worm with internet browsing for exempla. The only rom that behave well is the CM from teamsuperluminal.

But i have a Xiaomi i don't want to use a CM i want miui and i love Smiui rom, clean and fast.

i did tweak the thermal engine and remove the input boos freq and that works just fine in the CM from TS.

Maybe a baseband related issue? or something about the CPU behaver under SMiui.

best regards,
John

P.S: I don't have wakelocks or something like that i did clean my phone before the tests.
Nothing we could do for you here. Unfortunately we dont have Mi4c for testing. You can only hope that Xiaomi guys keep working on that "old" device. They are just pushing out new devices and wont focus on stabilty of old phones...

Nothing we could do for you here. Unfortunately we dont have Mi4c for testing. You can only hope that Xiaomi guys keep working on that "old" device. They are just pushing out new devices and wont focus on stabilty of old phones...
I hate that Mi4c is "older" and has the same work priority like my really old Mi2s which still gets everything in the same time...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patadas
Hi,
Does others have problem with 3 fingers screenshot? It doesn't work until latest update, so I went reverse to 6.8.25 but it doesn't work again...

I hear some tiny noise in the front speaker from mi2s when i put It very close to my ear.

What couls It Be?

yep you are right, brand is everything, they should do a better work.
thats it ..."brand" ...and i think more and more about changing the brand ... xiaomi is doing some stupid things .. locking the bootloaders is not what they wanted to end up with when they started some years ago with the Mi1 ...

Would make my life much easier ^^

I have MI5 , tried several times using kitchen, 6.9.15 and all options enabled.... during flash i get error on symlinking...???

For recovery I use twrp 3.0.2.0

Last edited:
This sounds strange. Never had such problems. Maybe hardware problem ?
no that i'm aware. when listening music or whatsapp audios works perfect. its just when is stand by (with data wifi on, or even in plane mode)
i'll give a try to 22.9 and check it

I have tried flashing 6.9.15 smui on my Mi Max Hydogen from Twrp.
Unable to flash the file getting Error 7 while flashing
Can anybody confirm correct procedure to flash...

I have tried flashing 6.9.15 smui on my Mi Max Hydogen from Twrp.
Unable to flash the file getting Error 7 while flashing
Can anybody confirm correct procedure to flash...
Please upload the recovery.log from your TWRP after getting the error. We need it to find the problem.

Stupid question but where is it located.
I cant seem to find it in the backup folder or anywhere else..
I do have a recovey.log, but thats from my normal miui backup
You must boot to TWRP .. install and wait for the error .. then get the /tmp/recovery.log .. I think there was an option in TWRP to copy the log to your sdcard and you can access it after next boot.