[rom | Mod] Smiui.net Rom Kitchen Discussion Thread

Really? But it's normal? So flash of Smiui consist in 2 parts?
it doesnt consist of two parts, its just that when you have problems with the first flash, you should reflash, devs says it will work on the second try, guaranteed

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

it doesnt consist of two parts, its just that when you have problems with the first flash, you should reflash, devs says it will work on the second try, guaranteed

Ok thanks i'll try!!

it always happens, you just need to flash it again. reboot to twrp and flash it again. this will continue.

IT also happens to me. It started to do the reboots only in the two or three last weeklys.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 3 através de Tapatalk

Ok thanks i'll try!!
does it also work for error 7 during flashing?
I got stuck on symlink everytime when i use 6.9.22

Edit: yes, when i try 2 flashes after the first error 7 it works... restoring now

Last edited:
if you are coming from a ROM other than sMIUI, then it will likely to skip the first flash and boot your phone.
but when you are already with sMIUI then this error will not happen.

Hi mate follow this thread
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/
Than download also latest smiui rom
And extract only bootloader.img and replace it with the one present in the rom you'll download from the thread choose xiaomi.eu 6.9.22
It's loaded with gapps root(used without app) throttle fix (games and multitasking fixes)
Thanks for the link and the suggestion!
Tried China mod and Xiaomi.eu 6.9.22 + sMiui bootloader.img and everything works fine.
(Flash All + Clear data)
No system error, no play store error, no bootloader error!
I really like root without app.

Now my MiPad2 is happy.

Mi2s

i didnt wake up today because my phone was in silent mode and alarm didnt sound. it used to do it even in silent mode

its any new feature or some kind of bug?

mi2s 22.9

Last edited:
Morning all.

Ok this might be a n00b question.
The modified boot.img MOD and ROM .. is it possible to made these without root access ?

i didnt wake up today because my phone was in silent mode and alarm didnt sound. it used to do it even in silent mode

its any new feature or some kind of bug?

mi2s 22.9
I have Mi2S with 9.22, i use the phone in silent mode 24h and i use the alarm clock 5 days a week.
I don't have any problem, the Alarm sound regularly.

But I had the same problem with other builds sometimes, and I don't know why this happens!

Delete the Alarm, create a new one - more settings - > Alarm in silent mode.

Mi2s

Reactions: ramir0
I cant make It works. The ringtone only sound when silent Mode is off.
WTF... You are right!
If I add a new Alarm when the silent mode is off the result is no sound.

But I can assure that my old Alarm every morning vibrate and sound when silent mode is On!
That's crazy.

Tomorrow morning I try to record.
(I don't wanna change now my old alarm settings... I have to wake up tomorrow )

Mi2s - Mipad2 - Miband1s

the only way i can get the alarm sound is by having the silent mode OFF . If i have SM ON and vibrate ON, alarm only vibrates. SM OFF and vibrate OFF alarm its only shown on display but no vibrate or sound is played

the only way i can get the alarm sound is by having the silent mode OFF . If i have SM ON and vibrate ON, alarm only vibrates. SM OFF and vibrate OFF alarm its only shown on display but no vibrate or sound is played
I knew I was not normal, but now I'm definitely crazy. I thought I heard the alarm, but it was only the echo of my empty head.

I confirm, no sound.

Mi2s - Mipad2 - Miband1s

Reactions: ramir0
Hey guys,

I am very sad to announce that the sMiUI Rom Kitchen will come to an end . . .

Xiaomi has made some bad decisions in 2016 . . .
-They keep releasing their products with locked bootloaders . . .
-They keep releasing their products without full LTE support . . .
-They do not care about stability or software optimization
-They just push out new devices again and again and do not focus on the previous ones anymore
- and so on . . .

I am tired of that endless testing / optimizing and Xiaomi just blocks our work with locked bootloaders.

I will get a new device, maybe OnePlus 3 and stop all my dev projects for MIUI. Maybe I will start new things for the OnePlus3 , maybe I will just enjoy it as a user...

I will keep the site online and upload maybe 1 or 2 following Versions until my new smartphone arrives.

I am currently having conversations with different people who asked me for sources of the smiui rom.
I will let you know if I found someone that I can give all the sources.

If you are interested in starting a ROM or keep things like the center clock mod going, just send me PM. But please understand that I wont give it to everyone.

Thanks for all, have a great time.

sebsch

UPDATE 04/10/2016 :

Good news for you guys. The project will survive ... Found some guys on xda and they will start something new based on my sources.

After our conversations they agreed to use most of the design and the same server hoster, that means you will get the same stability, performance and download speed when creating your miui firmwares.

They are currently digging into the sources and build the website. I will link smiui.net to the new service once its done.

Maybe I will release one last smiui version for this week, I dont know lets see ...

Again, thanks for all.. Im out :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

-They just push out new devices again and again and do not focus on the previous ones anymore
- and so on . . .

I am tired of that endless testing / optimizing and Xiaomi just blocks our work with locked bootloaders.

I will get a new device, maybe OnePlus 3 and stop all my dev projects for MIUI. Maybe I will start new things for the OnePlus3 , maybe I will just enjoy it as a user...

I will keep the site online and upload maybe 1 or 2 following Versions until my new smartphone arrives.

I am currently having conversations with different people who asked me for sources of the smiui rom.

If you are interested in starting a ROM or keep things like the center clock mod going, just send me PM. But please understand that I wont give it to everyone.

sebsch
I'm sad...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

- and so on . . .

sebsch

Very sad to hear that Seb, but I totally understand your point. Hope you'll have fun with the OP3, hope someone we can trust will continue the fantastic work you made for us. Good luck friend

Is anyone having problems with GPS on the later versions of this rom ?
Mine switches off when I shut down the screen (to save the battery) and then switches back on when I switch the screen on again whereas in older versions it never switched off and my positional tracking app worked flawlessly.
Is there an archive of older versions to download anywhere ? I've done a search and can't find any.

I have a backup of the stable 7.0.6.0 and it works as it should on that rom but I prefer sMiui.
It doesn't work on the 2 stable roms sMiUI_v8_hermes_V8.0.1.0.LHMCNDG nor sMiUI_v8_hermes_V7.5.3.0.LHMCNDE nor any of the developer roms back to sMiUI_v8_hermes_6.7.21.

Hey guys,

sebsch

First new site, after new thread and now the end... but I know that nothing is forever.
Thank you for sharing your work with all of us!
I wish you all the best.

Stefano.

Mi2s - Mipad2 - Miband1s

Reactions: Guyllheaume
I knew I was not normal, but now I'm definitely crazy. I thought I heard the alarm, but it was only the echo of my empty head.

I confirm, no sound.

Mi2s - Mipad2 - Miband1s

fixed in 29.9 !

i'm so sorry to hear that sebsch, a lot of ppl really like your work with smiui but we'll have to accept and respect your call.. we know that xiaomi are not doing things very well nowadays..

Hey guys,

- and so on . . .

sebsch

all I want to say is thank you for giving time for these roms.
so does this mean that there will no longer be MIUI EU versions?

why not share your sources with everyone (not that I need them)? Isn't this too 'xiaomi'? anyways, good luck with 一加3 ;)

Hey guys,
[...]
[...]

sebsch

Dear Sebsch,

Very sad news indeed reading about you abandoning this IMHO splendid SMIUI project.
But then again very understandably clear as to why why you came to this unfortunate (for us) decision.

My appreciation for the MIUI ROM stems from using it way back as a custom ROM on my now very ancient and outdated HTC Desire Z.

Loved the smoothness of MIUI back then, the many, many nifty features as included additions in the ROM compared to stock Android and of course that remarkably convenient level of customization included by default.

Getting both bored and annoyed with the iPhone 5s after two years of dedicated usage led me to choose a XIaomi device as my return to an Android-based phone. A decision almost purely because of my previous smooth sailing on MIUI in the fore-mentioned past and the quite attractive price point specs-wise.

After having eventually bought the MI-4c, besides the rather big displeasement firstly having to deal with with all the hassle of an initially locked bootloader, next I found myself rather disappointed that I could no longer simply choose my very much preferred center clock atop in stock MIUI the way I certainly used to be able to do easily and in fact always had done with MIUI ROMs in the past.

So I went looking for an alternative while preferring a MIUI-based derivative and this led me to your fantastic ROM here on Xiaomi.eu and I've never looked back since.

So thank you very much for all of the spare time you must have invested in this great project.
I surely hope that someone on board these forums will be able to and be accepted by you to in the very least continue just to make the center clock-mod possible.

The fact not long after I bought the MI-4c flagship there was the release of the MI-4s and to my disappointment the 4c did not really get noticeably mentioned ever-since afterwards doesn't bode well for it's future support by Xiaomi itself. And although the 4c being a Snapdragon-based phone I guess suggests the continuation of (custom) ROMs will remain a thing for the foreseeable future, chances quite decreased my next smartphone will not be a Xiaomi-device. (And dare I say, perhaps even switching back to Apple's walled garden??)

That being said, I wish you all the best and again my sincere thanks for all your effort on this joyous ROM that is SMUI!