[rom | Mod] Smiui.net Rom Kitchen Discussion Thread

i get FC at trying to make a history in instagram

viper & dolbe atmos installed. any ideas?

ROM kitchen seems broken, all download links are showing as waiting. No cooks in the kitchen?

Edit: looks fine now, thanks!

Last edited:
Good news! Thx for your hard work!Only one more question: Did you start a new project for your new handy(OnePlus3?)?
All the best for you!

Gesendet von meinem MI 4W mit Tapatalk
Did not receive it yet. I think i will calm down and just enjoy the phone... maybe in future but not this year ;P

Reactions: FalconX71

Really sad to see this project comes to an end....
Any update off the project passing on to anyone else, like you spoke about?

One thing i agree for sure, xiaomi keeps pushing new products, but doesnt provide all the things byers need, for example a good working pc suite, i keep hearing there's an update coming.....but thats just it

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Maybe I will release one last smiui version for this week, I dont know lets see ...

Again, thanks for all.. Im out :)

I install ROM 6.9.29 in recovery mode. It's fail (Xiaomi mi Max 32gb) in the first time.
I download ROM again and fail again.
I install ROM in the same with xiami.eu ROM.
But fail (as notify)
I decide to reboot system, amazing, it's good. But I do not know this is your ROM or Xiaomi.eu ROM (I check system infomation, no difference)

Last edited:
So the project is cancelled before I got a chance to try it out? :p

I get the same error:
Installing sMIUI...
symlink: some symlinks failed
Updater process ended whit ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/ROMS/sMIUI_v7_kenzo_6.4.21_ENDIP.zip'
Updating partition details...
..done

On Xiaomi Redmi 3S, with TWRP from Xiaomi.eu, newest version (3.0.2.0). Any advice? Keeps happening, already downloaded the rom 4 times now, still the same problems, rom used: Xiaomi weekly 6.9.22

So the project is cancelled before I got a chance to try it out? :p

I get the same error:

On Xiaomi Redmi 3S, with TWRP from Xiaomi.eu, newest version (3.0.2.0). Any advice? Keeps happening, already downloaded the rom 4 times now, still the same problems, rom used: Xiaomi weekly 6.9.22
An now we continue use Xiaomi.eu ROM :)

I'm so sad to read this. I use your rom since I bought my redmi note 2 and I can say this is the best rom ever.
Many thanks for your work. I understand the reasons of what you don't want to keep this project alive and I think you're right.

Thanks again!!

Hi @sebsch1991 ,

for my time with Xiaomi first chillzz turned away from MiUI, then decuro and now it's your turn. I can understand the reasons. Nearly each month a new version of an existing phone or a new one. And I more and more realize, that in Germnay (or Europe) you can not really use a smartphone without LTE Band 20 for the future.

I am sad, but I understand. Thank you for your work in the past and good luck for the future!

Hi @sebsch1991 ,

for my time with Xiaomi first chillzz turned away from MiUI, then decuro and now it's your turn. I can understand the reasons. Nearly each month a new version of an existing phone or a new one. And I more and more realize, that in Germnay (or Europe) you can not really use a smartphone without LTE Band 20 for the future.

I am sad, but I understand. Thank you for your work in the past and good luck for the future!
Same here...

Reactions: Mimyl
Hi @sebsch1991

Thanks for your hardwork, and thank you for to be continues this smiui with the other, I Use this ROM from I Use redmi note 4G and now I Use redmi note 2 and I think this the best Rom. Goodluck sebsch and thanks for all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mimyl
Hey guys,

I am very sad to announce that the sMiUI Rom Kitchen will come to an end . . .

Xiaomi has made some bad decisions in 2016 . . .
-They keep releasing their products with locked bootloaders . . .
-They keep releasing their products without full LTE support . . .
-They do not care about stability or software optimization
-They just push out new devices again and again and do not focus on the previous ones anymore
- and so on . . .

I am tired of that endless testing / optimizing and Xiaomi just blocks our work with locked bootloaders.

I will get a new device, maybe OnePlus 3 and stop all my dev projects for MIUI. Maybe I will start new things for the OnePlus3 , maybe I will just enjoy it as a user...

I will keep the site online and upload maybe 1 or 2 following Versions until my new smartphone arrives.

I am currently having conversations with different people who asked me for sources of the smiui rom.
I will let you know if I found someone that I can give all the sources.

If you are interested in starting a ROM or keep things like the center clock mod going, just send me PM. But please understand that I wont give it to everyone.

Thanks for all, have a great time.

sebsch
what can I say except thank you very much for @smiui-net and your hard work @sebsch1991 :) I did not think MIUI 6.9.22 in my mi2s is the last, thanks

that's old, did u check it in the lastest roms?
Not that old. Only a couple of months ago. I switched to the xiaomi.eu version and didn't go back to it or even check if mine had it TBH. Just wanted to make sure people were aware.

Hey guys,

I am very sad to announce that the sMiUI Rom Kitchen will come to an end . . .

Xiaomi has made some bad decisions in 2016 . . .
-They keep releasing their products with locked bootloaders . . .
-They keep releasing their products without full LTE support . . .
-They do not care about stability or software optimization
-They just push out new devices again and again and do not focus on the previous ones anymore
- and so on . . .

I am tired of that endless testing / optimizing and Xiaomi just blocks our work with locked bootloaders.

I will get a new device, maybe OnePlus 3 and stop all my dev projects for MIUI. Maybe I will start new things for the OnePlus3 , maybe I will just enjoy it as a user...

I will keep the site online and upload maybe 1 or 2 following Versions until my new smartphone arrives.

I am currently having conversations with different people who asked me for sources of the smiui rom.
I will let you know if I found someone that I can give all the sources.

If you are interested in starting a ROM or keep things like the center clock mod going, just send me PM. But please understand that I wont give it to everyone.

Thanks for all, have a great time.

sebsch

UPDATE 04/10/2016 :

Good news for you guys. The project will survive ... Found some guys on xda and they will start something new based on my sources.

After our conversations they agreed to use most of the design and the same server hoster, that means you will get the same stability, performance and download speed when creating your miui firmwares.

They are currently digging into the sources and build the website. I will link smiui.net to the new service once its done.

Maybe I will release one last smiui version for this week, I dont know lets see ...

Again, thanks for all.. Im out :)

Hey Seb,
sad to hear that, but i can fully understand your decision. For that reason I am avoiding to use MIUI more and more.
The guys from xda are sharing and nice non MIUI ROMs (Nougat).
Wish you all the best. Still have your 6.. version installed on my Mi2a.
Greetings from Stuttgart.
D.

SMIUI ROM is my heart is still the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Thank you SEBSCH for all your amazing work all this while. Good luck and wish you success moving forward.