[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I've searched in the forum, but haven't found an answer yet -maybe it's my fault:

The GPS and apparently the Compass have never worked since I moved to miui v6. Last time, the Compass worked properly was in wiui, many months ago.

I've always used smui for v6, so I can't figure out whether it's a general miui bug or appears only in smui.
Any info regarding this problem is welcome.

GPS and Compass just work fine for me with smiui 5.5.22 on Mi2S. (I have hidden my latitude and longitude on the screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-25-15-11-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-25-15-11-42.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Tenant
Currently it is not possible to use cwm or twrp with the new partitions.
If you find any solution, please let us know!
Fault. Take a look here.
Anyhow both Aroma and normal version of sMIUI for Mi2 still couldn't be flashed using this recovery cause ROM includes incorrect install script.

Reactions: Ludovic815
Hello
Is it possible to have a smiui on Hm2014813 ?
I can help you sending information of my phone if you need,

Thanks!

Rather sMIUI doesn't work with this recovery.
You seem to be pretty much insistent that sMiUI is the problem, not the recovery.

The "new, working" recovery you are talking about only works with the old aboot image. As for me this is no solution and just causes problems.

Fault. Take a look here.
Anyhow both Aroma and normal version of sMIUI for Mi2 still couldn't be flashed using this recovery cause ROM includes incorrect install script.
sMiUI install script is the same like official one from miui.com or xiaomi.eu. If you like having a recovery which u cant flash official miui.com ROMs with, then yes .. You might be happy with that one and Xiaomi, Xiaomi.eu and I, we are all using incorrect scripts.

Please tell me which MIUI ROM is supporting your patchwork-made recovery and what script language is needed for installation.

Sorry now I'm in 5.4.17 based on lollipop. If I install the new aroma through CMW I lose data and have the new division? if it is possible I would like to keep the old division of the partitions without losing data

I need help:

I followed the procedure to install the new 5.5.25 rom, so I installed MiPCSuite etc. Everything went fine (installed the smiui normal version), but I decided I wanted to go back to CWM and install the AROMA Version. So I tried to install CWM (renaming the zip file to update.zip etc) but the installation is aborted in 99% (Message "Update failed").
Do I miss something? Or there isnt a way going back?

Sorry but i dont understand the diference between the aroma and normal version... I allready read the first page

Sorry but i dont understand the diference between the aroma and normal version... I allready read the first page

The AROMA version is configurable. You can choose between cpu speeds, avoid installing some apps etc. The normal version installs the rom with the standard preferences.

Reactions: stufs
Is this a fast rom?
I just want a ROM that don't get stucked in any screen. I think i'll try the normal version. Is that the better ROM for that or maybe i should try another ?

With 5.5.22 (Mi2S), bluetooth works, but I have poor sound quality when playing music in my car with my Alpine CDE-183BT.
Roaming bug is not fixed yet.

Do I miss something? Or there isnt a way going back?
1) There is only one working recovery for new partitions.
2) sMIUI couldn't be flashed using this recovery, neither normal nor Aroma version.
Aroma installer leads you trough ROM tuning process. Sebsch allowed us to choose needed stock apps, CPU frequences, optional apps installation and so on. In normal version ROM comes with the defaults.

-download smiui latest version
-open zip file with winRAR or 7zip
-go to \system\framework\
-extract "framework-res.apk"
-copy it to your phones sdcard
-take root explorer and replace the existing /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the new one
-set permissions 644 and owner root
-reboot phone

If there would be a working CWM or TWRP recovery you could just disable it by 1 click in AROMA installer.
@sebsch1991 I've tried this procedure, but when I replace the framework-res.apk, the phone reboot immediately and then stay on Mi logo white..