[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Mi Pad is still KK. AFAIK There is no Android L build by now.
Further the repartitioning and Upgrade to Android L are completely independent! There is no need to repartition Mi-Pad.
Xiaomi only did that for the Mi2.

Thank you... In other words: I can simply upgrade my current MIUI with the current sMIUI using TWRP, correct? (as both are KK). I guess I can even use AROMA...

Can you please report the following:

HM2014813:
-Installation works with Normal version and AROMA version ?

Mi-Pad:
-Installation works with Normal version and AROMA version?
-Did you try xiaomi.eu build on your MiPad ? I dont change anything about Root permissions, please tell me if it worked for you on xiaomi.eu 5.5.29.

HM2014813 : installation Work on normal version, i don't have cwm for aroma

Mi-Pad : same issue with xiaomi.eu version so that's not an issue of sMiUI ;) and the installation work with normal version, same as HM, I don't have cwm for aroma

You can access dialer from lockscreen propertly. You have to SET PASSWORD. Check this out. For me it works well. Problem exists in every ROM based on MIUI.
I moved from Polish version of MIUI to sMIUI and I am impressed. Your tweaks beat it :)
Thank you for opening registration. It was pain to read about your problems without possibility to give you advice...

Hi jack4ya,

let me try briefing you about the latest changes:

-- snip --

Briefly? LOL! Did I do that? ;D
It is a good and thorough explanation though. Thank you very much.
It genuinely seems a good sum up, and maybe even a bit needed after the initial dust has settled a bit.

Personally, the lack of recovery, (as I understand) could be trouble some. I used it for (creating/restoring) my nandroid backups, and installing the weekly roms.

I guess then the normal (instead of Aroma) would be needed then for the weekly updates.
I found MIUI backup lacking, and Nandroid Backups would become impossible?

How does one then backup the whole phone? Is there an nandroid-like-alternative?

I really must have missed some info the last weeks, sorry if I ask obvious questions.

Yeh, thats right. Please report if everything worked for you :)

Does work very well: I used CWM to install the AROMA version. Additionally I flashed CWM on both partitions (without doing that I did not get root)...

Apps like Runtastic and Blogger are "not compatible"...

The MIUI clock does not have any functions other than World Times (I installed the KitKat clock as apk)

Last edited:
How's the bluetooth stack on Android L? I used MIUI 4.5.12 (or something close to may 2014) with Android 4.1 and it worked fine with my car (2014 Skoda) uploading contacts nicely with pictures. This disappeared in SMUI 5.3.27 on 4.4. I am curious if anybody has experience with bluetooth and Android 5.0.1 or 5.1.1?

How's the bluetooth stack on Android L? I used MIUI 4.5.12 (or something close to may 2014) with Android 4.1 and it worked fine with my car (2014 Skoda) uploading contacts nicely with pictures. This disappeared in SMUI 5.3.27 on 4.4. I am curious if anybody has experience with bluetooth and Android 5.0.1 or 5.1.1?
Test it

@sebsch1991 do you take grub4android into account?i flash grub4android and keep original partition for ever.I think sd card is useful in any where any condition.so i choose to keep it.grub4android can boot two system with new technique.the bootloader and aboot partition is new.can grub4android boot smiui newer than 5.5.22?

Remember to mention your device. If you speak about MI2s. Bluetooth doesn't work

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hi guys, i finally moved my Mi2S to last sMIUI 5.5.29 following the guide described in the post #2644. I have noticed that the there is a problem with the camera, in fact the lights in night pictures seems to be over-exposed. Is it only a problem on my phone or a MIUI problem? I attach a pic to show what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_20150603_215655.jpg
    IMG_20150603_215655.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
You can have underexposed street and decently exposed lamp and vice versa. This is not an DSLR, dynamic range is awful, get use to it. And learn how to use exposure compensation.

You can have underexposed street and decently exposed lamp and vice versa. This is not an DSLR, dynamic range is awful, get use to it. And learn how to use exposure compensation.
In fact I am asking if it is a bug and how improve. Which setting gave I to manage for improving pictures like these? Many thanks

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Remember to mention your device. If you speak about MI2s. Bluetooth doesn't work

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Ah, I thought it was pretty obvious in this thread: Mi2s. I am not sure about your answer: Bluetooth doesn't work where? In Android L for mi2s? And do all things not work? Or parts?

Ah, I thought it was pretty obvious in this thread: Mi2s. I am not sure about your answer: Bluetooth doesn't work where? In Android L for mi2s? And do all things not work? Or parts?

Bluetooth works with 5.5.29 on Mi2S but when you listen to music with a bluetooth speaker, sound is bad.
Bluetooth calls work well, and everything else seems to work (my bluetooth gps works like a charm)

In fact I am asking if it is a bug and how improve. Which setting gave I to manage for improving pictures like these? Many thanks

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

It's not a bug, the camera on Mi2S is just bad. You can try to enable HDR for a higher dynamic range, but don't expect too much...

Three things....

1. SMiui MiXplorer Skin is not available. Download link is broke.

2. The way to configure custom installation with Normal Version like i discribed by editing files doesn't work for RedMi2 Plus (2GB) (bought it for my Girlfriend) rest of the RedMi2 2GB Version works well except for screen unlock with MiBand but maybe just a problem here.

3. Sebbsch you are awesome!

I made a mess on my Mi2S (16gb). I installed trough Mi Pc Suite the Miui 5.5.29 that has probably deleted the two partitions and made only one and even CWclock has disappeared running the original recovery. What can I do now to return back? This Rom is not so bad but has little bug such as when calling is on the screen is black, the original ring tone has disappeared and so on.

I made a mess on my Mi2S (16gb). I installed trough Mi Pc Suite the Miui 5.5.29 that has probably deleted the two partitions and made only one and even CWclock has disappeared running the original recovery. What can I do now to return back? This Rom is not so bad but has little bug such as when calling is on the screen is black, the original ring tone has disappeared and so on.
To revert to normal partition layout use this app:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-2/orig-development/flashtools-miflash4linux-recovery-qdl-t3036730

BTW: Do i have to merge partitions to use sMIUI? Or Can I edit the rom to use it in normal layout?

Reactions: Frantrix
Very nice but it's not 100% stable on my cancro mi4. I never turn it off and sometimes the sensor when I call doesn't work anymore then yesterday it reset the background to the default one.. Some problems of stability

Very nice but it's not 100% stable on my cancro mi4. I never turn it off and sometimes the sensor when I call doesn't work anymore then yesterday it reset the background to the default one.. Some problems of stability
Thats why is called "development-Version". sMiUI is based on weekly dev Versions. Please try if a "stable" Version fixes your probs.