[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I have a mi3w. In this latest version I lost Portuguese characters. When I write an SMS it converts accentuated letters to normal letters. Any idea why? Thanks

Enviado do meu MI 3W através de Tapatalk
Solved in this week release :) thanks

Enviado do meu MI 3W através de Tapatalk

Smiui 5.6.25

- Sometimes when getting a notfication and screen is open, The screen will flash for a second and turn off.
-SwiftKey keeps on crashing when i use it !
- Twitter lags like hell, Cant use twiiter because i cant scroll in the app
-When i open Chrome the app takes about 3.5 sec to open and when it does it flashes on opening.
-Stock MIUI Camera app isnt the best, photos come out very fuzzy and not focused like in older versions.
Hope u can fix this !

Hello guys, anybody experiencing freeze on the lockscreen? Sometimes I can't slide up when on the lockscreen, simply it seems it doesn't recognize my touch.. If I block the screen again with the power button, after that I am able to slide up.. One time it happened with the notification bar, I couldn't swipe it down.. Anyone please?

Mi2s

Hi Guys,

I just wondering what is the actual situation regarding latest sMIUI release for Mi2/S (aries 5.6.25) versus CWM or other custom recovery with (or without) TDB enabled? Is it already working or still not compatible with custom recoverys and TDB?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I just wondering what is the actual situation regarding latest sMIUI release for Mi2/S (aries 5.6.25) versus CWM or other custom recovery with (or without) TDB enabled? Is it already working or still not compatible with custom recoverys and TDB?

Thanks!
You can flash it with a custom recovery, but after flash you can't have a custom recovery

You can flash it with a custom recovery, but after flash you can't have a custom recovery

Thanks, in this case what is the difference between sMIUI and original Xiaomi.eu multilang release? (regarding aries ROM only)

Now, with sMiui 5.6.25 i'm experiencing lag to turn on the screen. Half a second or more.
Sometimes my screen flashes before turn off.

Also my CWM recovery was replaced by Xiaomi default and even flashing a new one (tried CMW and TWRP) via fastboot the default is not replaced.

Looks features man.

Envoyé de mon MI 2SC en utilisant Tapatalk
That seems to be obsoleted regarding aries ROM, need to be updated based on current situation

Sent from Mi2S [MIUIv6-L] using Tapatalk

I have to sadly abandon sMIUI for a few reasons. My question is: can I go from sMIUI to, for example, stock MIUI with default MiRecovery without wiping data? (I want to keep all my apps and saved games)

If anyone's interested, the reasons are three:

• As I reported before, sMIUI replace that old-looking browser which opens up when you try to install a WiFi certificate from storage with MIUI's explorer, which won't open *.p12 certificates. That means I can't use my campus' network, and I use some internet-consuming apps while I'm there, so my data plan just isn't enough.
  • I don't know if it depends on sMIUI (I have 5.6.19 on) but I'm experiencing hallucinating battery drain while the screen is off and all apps are closed. I'd update sMIUI, but I can't install any custom recovery thanks to MIUI's new bootloader
  • Again I don't know if it depends on sMIUI (I have 5.6.19 on) but I'm getting the "Thank you" message I've reported before and, to flash a new ROM in order to try and get rid of it, seems like again the only chance I have is installing MIUI, without any custom recovery.

What is the latest release of sMiui for mi2s with kitkat?

Can i have a download link, please?

I can't stand the fact of having a stock recovery with the lollipop 5.6.26 version, instead of a custom one, which will allow me to create a nandroid backup and try other roms freely.

Someone tipped me there is a kitkat version (like in the subject of this thread..) But i couldn't find it :-(

How should i flash it? Via Fastboot? Updater? MiSuite?

Best,
Chopinko

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

What is the latest release of sMiui for mi2s with kitkat?

Can i have a download link, please?

I can't stand the fact of having a stock recovery with the lollipop 5.6.26 version, instead of a custom one, which will allow me to create a nandroid backup and try other roms freely.

Someone tipped me there is a kitkat version (like in the subject of this thread..) But i couldn't find it :-(

How should i flash it? Via Fastboot? Updater? MiSuite?

Best,
Chopinko

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

The firsts ll release doesn't flash stock recovery, but they have some bugs

I have to sadly abandon sMIUI for a few reasons. My question is: can I go from sMIUI to, for example, stock MIUI with default MiRecovery without wiping data? (I want to keep all my apps and saved games)

If anyone's interested, the reasons are three:

• As I reported before, sMIUI replace that old-looking browser which opens up when you try to install a WiFi certificate from storage with MIUI's explorer, which won't open *.p12 certificates. That means I can't use my campus' network, and I use some internet-consuming apps while I'm there, so my data plan just isn't enough.
  • I don't know if it depends on sMIUI (I have 5.6.19 on) but I'm experiencing hallucinating battery drain while the screen is off and all apps are closed. I'd update sMIUI, but I can't install any custom recovery thanks to MIUI's new bootloader
  • Again I don't know if it depends on sMIUI (I have 5.6.19 on) but I'm getting the "Thank you" message I've reported before and, to flash a new ROM in order to try and get rid of it, seems like again the only chance I have is installing MIUI, without any custom recovery.

1. sMiUI does not replace any browser or wifi certificate related things. sMiUI is based on xiaomi.eu build.
2. sMiUI is based on developer builds, just wait for next release, maybe you are lucky and Xiaomi fixed your battery drain problems.

Reactions: mamedz
Then it's MIUI's fault. I'm sorry, I liked its design, even if it was mostly copied from iOS, but I can't cope with this and with multitasking being lost. I'll try to install L AOSP. Thanks for your work, I really loved sMIUI.

Hello guys, anybody experiencing freeze on the lockscreen? Sometimes I can't slide up when on the lockscreen, simply it seems it doesn't recognize my touch.. If I block the screen again with the power button, after that I am able to slide up.. One time it happened with the notification bar, I couldn't swipe it down.. Anyone please?

Mi2s
I've got the same issue while trying to unlock or anwsering a call. I'm on 5.6.19 and I'm pretty sure it last for weeks

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

I thought I knew my way around xiaomis phones a bit... But on my new mi4 I can't do sqat.

I installed developer rom. (How can I double check?)
I want to install CWM (download > to root > renamed update .zip > use recovery to install)
But it won't install. Tried r8 and r11 as well.

How to proceed? I do NOT have a pc, so that pc tool is no use to me.

I thought I knew my way around xiaomis phones a bit... But on my new mi4 I can't do sqat.

I installed developer rom. (How can I double check?)
I want to install CWM (download > to root > renamed update .zip > use recovery to install)
But it won't install. Tried r8 and r11 as well.

How to proceed? I do NOT have a pc, so that pc tool is no use to me.

Latest miui v6 roms aren't permissive, you can't flash any recovery or roms that isn't signed for miui v6 recovery. For install cwm you need to flash it with fastboot (pc) or return to v5 with mipctools and fastboot and install old cwm.

So you need a pc for doing that.

Wait wait waaaaait...

Yez... It seems to be working now. Downloaded CWM R8 ...again, now it worked.

Last edited: