[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I little feedback for Mi3...

using the last rom, removed Xiaomi framework with an app from Play Store...

battery lasts about 2 days... about 5.30h screen time... having 1 email/FB/Viber on... the usual stuff.. no airplane mode at night
performance is perfect... did hide system animations for even better response... it's lightning fast

no bugs whatsoever...

thanks for the great rom man... ;)

@sebsch: if I remember correctly, removing the Xiaomi Framework while cooking a sMIUI ROM in your kitchen, produced a lot of problems. If the approach posted by yorikkk is proven that could maybe added to a "kitchen FAQ" with good proposals to improve battery life etc.

@sebsch: if I remember correctly, removing the Xiaomi Framework while cooking a sMIUI ROM in your kitchen, produced a lot of problems. If the approach posted by yorikkk is proven that could maybe added to a "kitchen FAQ" with good proposals to improve battery life etc.
Well, removing the xiaomi framework only caused problems when wiping /data (full wipe) before flashing sMiUI ! Problem was the setup wizard coming up on the first boot. It crashes when XiaomiFramework is not installed.

If you do not wipe /data you will not have any problems removing the xiaomi-framework, so its no problem at all removing the appropriate FrameworkAPKs with any playstore app, because you are not wiping /data.

I currently disabled that feature, so you wont get any problems. Maybe I can find a way to fix that and make a "stable" mod.
Im working on it.

Reactions: Matze002
Well, removing the xiaomi framework only caused problems when wiping /data (full wipe) before flashing sMiUI ! Problem was the setup wizard coming up on the first boot. It crashes when XiaomiFramework is not installed.

If you do not wipe /data you will not have any problems removing the xiaomi-framework, so its no problem at all removing the appropriate FrameworkAPKs with any playstore app, because you are not wiping /data.

I currently disabled that feature, so you wont get any problems. Maybe I can find a way to fix that and make a "stable" mod.
Im working on it.
done ... Remove Xiaomi Framework will be working again on next release, even if you wipe /data !

@Yorik you only removed xiaomi framework? no errors? :)
Stupid question: how exactly?

1. using the rom for a week, no errors so far... the only downside is that you can't download new themes from the theme app... you can download them before you remove the framework and apply the customization you want, it won't be removed after deleting the framework

2. sebsch already responded to that...
i removed, if i recall correctly - Xiaomi framework, Cloud Print, Mi VIP, Mi Cloud, Applications service provider, Market feedback agent, SIM toolkit + 2-3 more which i can't remember... deleted Mi Weather during setup... should give you more battery life and free RAM

3. Settings > Additional settings > Battery & Performance > Optimize System Performance > Hide System Animation
Settings > Additional settings > Developer Options > Windows Animation scale / Transition Animation scale / Animator Duration scame > Change all 3 to Animation scale .5x

Last edited:
I use latest SMIUI 5.9.18 HERMES, seem the cpu keep running on 1183 Mhz and cause battery drain, any temporary solution for this ? and BTW smiui.net seem to be down ?

1. using the rom for a week, no errors so far... the only downside is that you can't download new themes from the theme app... you can download them before you remove the framework and apply the customization you want, it won't be removed after deleting the framework

2. sebsch already responded to that...
i removed, if i recall correctly - Xiaomi framework, Cloud Print, Mi VIP, Mi Cloud, Applications service provider, Market feedback agent, SIM toolkit + 2-3 more which i can't remember... deleted Mi Weather during setup... should give you more battery life and free RAM

3. Settings > Additional settings > Battery & Performance > Optimize System Performance > Hide System Animation
Settings > Additional settings > Developer Options > Windows Animation scale / Transition Animation scale / Animator Duration scame > Change all 3 to Animation scale .5x

Maybe sebsch could offer a kind of "naked" or "basic" sMIUI where allmost all MI apps are removed as an additional alternative to dozens of checkboxes in the kitchen... just an idea...

beer-goggles.jpg

@sebsch1991 cheers! :)
2GA97753B11815041

Authentication app is no longer needed in rom. As well as Analytics.

Can you do something with battery icon? It's still visible when you set "percentage" battery view in settings. It's probably bug from Xiaomi in statusbar :p

Last edited:
Don´t install 5.9.24 if you are using xposed framework. There is problem with installing framework on this ROM. Its Xiaomi fault, not sebsch.

Yeah. I received error message:

Xposed is not (yet) compatible with Android SDK version 19 or your processor architecture (armeabi-v7a)

I tried another version of Xposed, reinstall xposed and clear app date....still same issues. I look at czech comunity forum, and other users have this issues too, but they are using original China developer version, not smiui. This issue is on China developer ROM, its not Sebsch fault.

I am currently uploading sMiUI 5.9.24 for all devices. (Mi2A and MiNote Pro will get no update from xiaomi this week!)

happy cooking !

Reactions: kulig007