[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I used xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.10.8_v7-5.0 with non-merged partition. Last night I installed Xiaomi Mi 2/2S Latest Developer Version Fastboot File -aries_images_5.10.8_20150917.0000.1_5.0_cn_22948cc9a7 using the flash_all.bat script in order to get merged partition. Updated successfully to xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.10.8_v7-5.0 via Updater. Yesterday I downloaded two ROMs: sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.8_9STAXY and sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.8_4KT6QB (and sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.8_GUANYM in the end). I tried to install these ROMs one by one via the Updater with no success. The screen shows for 2 or 3 minutes

View attachment 10623 and the result is always View attachment 10624 .

I do not know by now how to proceed in order to install and use the sMIUI ROM.

You need to use MiRecovery or TWRP(works like a charm for me) to flash sMiUi .

TWRP install tutorial:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...nstall-a-custom-recovery-on-miui-v6-v7.28465/

Used MiRecovery. Install of sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.8_GUANYM as update.zip is completed. Reboot to System 1 (the latest). And now I am on the Mi logo for the last 25 minutes, still waiting and the phone is unusual cold during and after the update. :). I am nearly on my way to install Xiaomi Mi 2/2S Developer Version Fastboot File aries_images_5.10.8_20150917.0000.1_5.0_cn_22948cc9a7 for the second time for the last 24 hours.

Used MiRecovery. Install of sMiUI_v7_aries_5.10.8_GUANYM as update.zip is completed. Reboot to System 1 (the latest). And now I am on the Mi logo for the last 25 minutes, still waiting and the phone is unusual cold during and after the update. :). I am nearly on my way to install Xiaomi Mi 2/2S Developer Version Fastboot File aries_images_5.10.8_20150917.0000.1_5.0_cn_22948cc9a7 for the second time for the last 24 hours.

Wait, before flashing again the Fastboot rom, try flashing sMiUi with TWRP.

Version 5.9.24 and above didn't work with MiRecovery for me too.

Somehow I entered Mi Recovery and rebooted to System 2. Now I have SuperSU, Xiaomi Authenticator and MiXplorer.
@nightmike, I am not good at the procedure needed for TWRP.

I've noticed something weird.. Apps from homescreens not always open with the first touch!
Anyone else?

This week I tested a lot of Roms :D

Xiaomi.eu don't have this touch problem, at least didn't happen for me (tested for 3 days).

Now I'm on latest sMiUI, coming from a total wipe of data (installed first the Chinese version with flash all option on fastboot) and after just one hour of use, this touch problem already happened.

Think there are some problems with music player anyway. After some time doesn't show song anymore in the notification bar up to the toggles

On Mi4c the screen of animation (crt off) doesnt work. Besides that small issue everything works great! The crt off animation didnt work on the ROM of last week and this week.

This week I tested a lot of Roms :D

Xiaomi.eu don't have this touch problem, at least didn't happen for me (tested for 3 days).

Now I'm on latest sMiUI, coming from a total wipe of data (installed first the Chinese version with flash all option on fastboot) and after just one hour of use, this touch problem already happened.
Can you please try to delete some lines in the /system/build.prop ?

Delete everything under "#Additional Tweaks sMIUI"

reboot your device and see if your problem is gone.
That would help me a lot, thanks

Can you please try to delete some lines in the /system/build.prop ?

Delete everything under "#Additional Tweaks sMIUI"

reboot your device and see if your problem is gone.
That would help me a lot, thanks

Tested! Touch problem still there.

If it helps, this problem started between 5.9.17 and 5.9.24. I can only remember two changes from my side: started using superSU (your tip) and flashing with TWRP.

Some of the other users with this touch problem, apps sometimes not open on the first touch, are you using TWRP or superSU too? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just trying to narrow down and see what we have in common.

Although not so annoying, my mi2s also suffers from this "touch problem".

I agree, it isn't that annoying, but I'm curious about why is this happening, since the touch on the app gives the visual feedback of pressing the icon it just never launches.

Updated my mipad to 5.10.15 sMiUI, and noticed there's no direct reboot to recovery button anymore?

Xiaomi did that for unknown reasons. They created a check in the updater-script to let the ROM only install to Mi-Recovery!
I disabled that check for sMiUI.
e

(This was about having miui on system 1 and smiui on system 2 using cwm)

So no?
I thought having two separate systems each it's own Rom I would have a nice and quick alternative. But this is not possible? To have a dev or stable miui Rom alongside sMiui?

Tested! Touch problem still there.

If it helps, this problem started between 5.9.17 and 5.9.24. I can only remember two changes from my side: started using superSU (your tip) and flashing with TWRP.

Some of the other users with this touch problem, apps sometimes not open on the first touch, are you using TWRP or superSU too? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just trying to narrow down and see what we have in common.
Touch problem with twrp and SuperSU.
And I think I had it once somewhere else except homescreen. But there is a chance I missclicked

Reactions: nightmike
Hi, i flashed the last rom (of the 15/10/2015). I before had the miui V5, and i did a clear upgrade (full wipe). I have a problem with the gallery , i can't open it, is it a bug?

Mi2 smiui V7

Last edited: