[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

But if you are using Mi2 or Mi2S then make backup in MIUI, copy DCIM, MIUI and any necessary folders to PC and then using fastboot install last China rom, then sMIUI via updater. Last step is factory reset to get rid of Chinese crap.

Then move these folders back to phone and restore settings. You have to login to google services again

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
You can just dirty flash it over the current version.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
What is a dirty flash?

But if you are using Mi2 or Mi2S then make backup in MIUI, copy DCIM, MIUI and any necessary folders to PC and then using fastboot install last China rom, then sMIUI via updater. Then move these folders back to phone and restore settings. You have to login to google services again

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
So I have to 'degrade' my phone from SMUI to a China ROM first and then use the updater and choose the latest SMUI file? This seems highly unlikely...

By the way, updating from SMUI 5.11.12 to the newest version: what's the recommended way? Most of all: I don't feel like losing all data and apps. Is a fast update possible, and if so: how?
you know... there's a native backup and restore app, which includes app data and desktop preferences... ;-)

sent from SmartisanOS

Reactions: crazyhorsea29
What is a dirty flash?

So I have to 'degrade' my phone from SMUI to a China ROM first and then use the updater and choose the latest SMUI file? This seems highly unlikely...
Dirty flash means to flash a Rom without wiping anything. If you were previously on smiui Rom then just flash the newer smiui Rom through the updater or recovery. You can wipe cache if you wish, but wiping system and data isn't necessary, unless you face some problems afterwards. Also in case of Mi2 or Mi2s, I know that the data and system partitions were merged in the recent versions. So if you own any of them, then you need to follow different procedure.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Procedure of downgrade to China for Mi2 or Mi2S is needed only this time because of merging /system partition. Before it was 2x 500 MB now it's for only one system and it have size of 1 GB. After that you can update like always :) via TWRP / CWM or updater app...

Some people did dirty flash of last one and lost connection to data partition they had. Method I mentioned is the slowest but the best because nothing can fail if device is seen in MiFlash in fastboot mode.

!!!Do a backup and move all necessary files to your PC, using Mi flash with wipe_all everything will be erased!!!

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
Reactions: krassiy
Guys, i'm getting a bit lost. So, to upgrade to the lastest builds... Can i just do a dirty flash? (5.11.1-MI2s)

But if you are using Mi2 or Mi2S then make backup in MIUI, copy DCIM, MIUI and any necessary folders to PC and then using fastboot install last China rom, then sMIUI via updater. Last step is factory reset to get rid of Chinese crap.

Then move these folders back to phone and restore settings. You have to login to google services again

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

ok great, but where do I get the correct chinese fastboot file? I can find only the .zip ROMs for the updater.

Yep u use TWRP 2870 too very good.
Firstly just flash via mipc suite the developer beta Rom, launch the mipc suite then plug the phone in fastboot mode. It will recognize the phone and choose the developer beta download it appears. The phone will install the Rom after downloading it and the system partitions are merged automatically. It takes very long time to boot so don't worry and the ad card erased.
Then install TWRP and it's done! Phone is flying with latest build and merged partitions

Reactions: Dizplay
Of course I mean what you expected Ahah. I mean it will change completely the phone and partitions so it's normal.
Then install disk info app and tell us what you see

Well... Everyone told you to make a backup... Your fault and no one will feel sorry about that.

Edit: I hope you will lose nothing...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Last edited:
Come one addamas a little bit of pity :)

Of course he should be very careful and he should be very well informed on what was doing...

Reactions: Addamas
Well... Everyone told you to make a backup... Your fault and no one will feel sorry about that.

Edit: I hope you will lose nothing...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

I made a backup, with backup app..so it's gone
I supposed we were working on the system partition, not on the external.

Procedure of downgrade to China for Mi2 or Mi2S is needed only this time because of merging /system partition. Before it was 2x 500 MB now it's for only one system and it have size of 1 GB. After that you can update like always :) via TWRP / CWM or updater app...

Some people did dirty flash of last one and lost connection to data partition they had. Method I mentioned is the slowest but the best because nothing can fail if device is seen in MiFlash in fastboot mode.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
I have Michas partition. It has reduced the system 2 to 5 MB and sys1 to 1GB. But there exists Sys1 and Sys2. Will i face a problem with that? Because i know that the new layout has system w/o numbers

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I have Michas partition. It has reduced the system 2 to 5 MB and sys1 to 1GB. But there exists Sys1 and Sys2. Will i face a problem with that? Because i know that the new layout has system w/o numbers

The best way to obtain only one partion is updatating the ROM via Updater app.
(First make a full backup of your data in to the PC)

Anyway the real problem for the next releases is low partition size.
So, if you have two partitions but one of them is about 1GB, I think (I think...) you should have no problems with future updates.

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: annihilator
The best way to obtain only one partion is updatating the ROM via Updater app.
(First make a full backup of your data in to the PC)

Anyway the real problem for the next releases is low partition size.
So, if you have two partitions but one of them is about 1GB, I think (I think...) you should have no problems with future updates.

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk
My Italian friend , my only aware is if there exist a script which sends the system of the zip to sys1 or sys2. In example the previous zips sends the system to system1, will now the zip send the system of the zip to the system w/o numbers? I believe (i believe...) not because all this messy things are done by the recovery.