[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Check this out :
http://en.miui.com/thread-84655-1-1.html

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Thank you so much, it worked for me, after several tries but it worked ! I had to install first 5.12.3 to be able to install 5.12.17 with updater app. But it's weird because, when I try it the first time, the update proceeded on MIUI, then this time the phone rebooted itself into MiRecovery and then updated. From now it worked this way.

After that I Flashify TWRP and mount all partitions, execpt for USB-OTG, and disable MTP. Then try to install 6.1.21, it may fail, try again by mounting the partitions, because it checks itself after zip flashing.

Please tell if it works for you !

For my Mi4c this 6.1.21 is no way. more than 2 times for day I can find my phone stucked on black screen. I'm going back to 6.1.7.
Thanks for your work!

Reactions: datu82
@sebsch1991: could you please make a statement regarding future sMIUI releases and root/(un)locked bootloader? Locking seems to become more and more "popular", unfortunately...

Whenever i lock screen colors of display becomes dull. What to do? I tried latest smiui build. Still problem is not solved.

Sent from Redmi 2 Prime (2014818)

Whenever i lock screen colors of display becomes dull. What to do? I tried latest smiui build. Still problem is not solved.

I'm not sure you are talking about a bug, it's not just the screen off animation of Android lp and M? ^^

Envoyé de mon MI 4LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm not sure you are talking about a bug, it's not just the screen off animation of Android lp and M? ^^

When we lock the screen and after unlocking the device. The colors of display become dull. We have to manually change the settings>display>colors & saturation. And then brilliant or standard every time. I checked this in stock rom, than i switched to smiui but it has the same problem.

Ok my bad, it looks like a real bug. Personally I didn't face it on latest 6.1.28 on Mi4 LTE

Updated from 6.1.21 to 6.1.28 MI4
and Mods still doesn't work (no screen-off animation ; no volume boost mod ; no 3 way reboot )

@sebsch1991 Thank you for all your hard work on trying to bring us a more purified, customized and versatile MIUI Installation!
Even though I love latest Marshmallow MIUI, I was forced to roll back to 5.12.3 because there's one thing that is not working on latest SMIUI, that is Custom/Imported mtz themes.
In previous KK based SMIUI ROMs It was possible to Import and apply mtz themes not available to Global Market but available to CN, with latest Marshmallow SMIUI previously Imported themes are shown but It can be no longer applied, as the Themes app now returns the 406 error.

Is there any workaround planned or can we apply any temporary fix as to achieve previous KK SMIUI Rom behavior that let us manual Install and apply whatever theme.

Updated from 6.1.21 to 6.1.28 MI4
and Mods still doesn't work (no screen-off animation ; no volume boost mod ; no 3 way reboot )

As mentioned many many many many many many many many many times before...

- CRT-OFF animation is NOT available anymore since Android L !!! Therefore this MOD is called "SCREEN-OFF-Animation" instead of CRT-OFF ! It looks almost the same like the default animation, so you may think its not working.

- 3 Way Reboot is not also not available for Android L and above ! I am still looking for a fix..

- I will check the volume boost mod among the next week.

Maybe a noob question but I think i'm not alone :

How can I go back from Smiui 6.1.28 to Smiui 5.12.3 :) ?
I flashed via twrp,, clear dalvik and cache..Booted it, loading bar ... and now it's the Smiui boot for about 10 minutes ... I think it's the partition thing that breaked all ?
I just can't live without Xposed Framework :/ ...

EDIT : To revert Back
TWRP-> wipe system/dalvik and cache
flash 5.2.17 global rom
booted it
Successful (ignore the Install assistant)
Updater app -> Smiui 5.12.3
Installing ...
Booting (but lot of boring some acore errors ..)
So Dalvik+cache+DATA and installed back smiui 5.12.3, got Xposed back :)

Last edited:

- CRT-OFF animation is NOT available anymore since Android L !!! Therefore this MOD is called "SCREEN-OFF-Animation" instead of CRT-OFF ! It looks almost the same like the default animation, so you may think its not working.

- 3 Way Reboot is not also not available for Android L and above ! I am still looking for a fix..

Bravo Seb!
Keep pushing your work for mi4!
Sorry but for mi2 android L the three way reboot menu works...

Reactions: drobodan

i don't know what exactly is 3-way reboot, but in my mi4c (smiui 6.1.28 based) i'm using simpleReboot from googleplay, that app enable me to a lot of ways of reboot, including to recovery

I´ve uploaded fixed 6.1.28 for cancro,hermes,hennesy and virgo. Please read changelog before you flash Android M Versions
@sebsch1991
I've downloaded latest ROM again and reflashed (mi4 - Cancro), now I have two problems
1. the above mentioned problem whereas I cannot apply Imported/custom mtz themes
2. the Greek Language is NO longer available (Previous/Yesterday release of SMIUI 6.1.28 had Greek Localization)
I've once again reverted back to KK 5.12.3 where Greek Localization and Imported mtz themes work a treat.
Looking forward to a fix on these Issues :)

If I create a ROM without Xiaomi Service Framework.
It still installs this and all kinds of other Xiaomi/Mi stuff why??

Have anyone else with cancro succeeded in flashing 6.1.28? I'm now on 5.12.17 and have used the TWRP img linked on pg1. Keep getting the "Error executing updater binary" when flashing.

Edit: Might as well describe my progress after stuck there.
- installed multilang 6.1.28 from the updater to see if all 6.1.28 versions have this problem. it installs alright---for me to find I got no root and recovery is back to stock
- tried installing TWRP through fastboot. everything seems okay, but the recovery is still stock.
- succeeded installing custom recovery (CWM, despite the post saying TWRP) using this update.zip
- flashed SuperSU through CWM
- installed Rashr & flashed the modded recovery from pg1
- flashed sMIUI 6.1.28
- it works!!!!!!

Glad mine got sorted out though I'm sure others may have a simpler way to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parwinder
6.1.28 working fine here, Mi2s.
However, after seeing so much problems with Xiaomi Roms I'm not sure what they're doing. Probably it's because they released so much phone versions and the software development got out of control, that's why we're seeing so many bugs lately. This is sad, I'll replace my phone this year and because of these issues, probably it won't be a Xiaomi one.

6.1.28 working fine here, Mi2s.
However, after seeing so much problems with Xiaomi Roms I'm not sure what they're doing. Probably it's because they released so much phone versions and the software development got out of control, that's why we're seeing so many bugs lately. This is sad, I'll replace my phone this year and because of these issues, probably it won't be a Xiaomi one.
+1
tethering wifi doesn't work on mi2s :/ only for me?
In my Mi2s works fine (6.1.21)