[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Sorry guys, I was absent for many months and I'm still on the 5.3.20 build, with the two partitions... I tried to search how to merge them in the thread but I did not find anything! I'm sorry for that question I know it's outdated. Thank you in advance

P.S. I tried to do it with the "Mi PC Suite" but my PC did not recognize the telephone and I can't do it in that way.

Sorry guys, I was absent for many months and I'm still on the 5.3.20 build, with the two partitions... I tried to search how to merge them in the thread but I did not find anything! I'm sorry for that question I know it's outdated. Thank you in advance

P.S. I tried to do it with the "Mi PC Suite" but my PC did not recognize the telephone and I can't do it in that way.

- First you need your phone drivers installed, redownload Mi PC Suite and reinstall it, just to be sure.
- You'll also need adb drivers installed, you can get it from here, run as admin and answer Y or Yes to everything:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
- Now, I would recommend flashing with MiFlash (FLASH ALL option), since it reflashes everything, even the new partitions layout. The Mi flashing tool, roms and tutorial you can get from here:
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
WARNING - This will wipe all your phone data.

Any further questions please feel free to ask. ;)

Reactions: grouss92
A bit offtopic, but in case someone cares:
Maybe I found the way to save a lot of battery: Intelli3g app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.intelli3g&hl=it

you need to install exposed framework first.
Then the app will switch automatically from 2g to 3g, according to your prefrencies.
Unfortunately the option to start 3g when you open a certain app doesn't work :/

But you can set it so that when the phone is locked it goes to 2g and when you unlock it it switches to 3g.

My average screen time on Mi2s used to be around 2 hours from morning to night.
With the app, first day, i got 3 hours and a half! (maybe I was just lucky)
Second day I didn't use it very much, I had 2 hours screen time but 30 hours standby..

Very impressive to me, I will keep testing.
But finally I see something that really seems to make a difference.
Up to you to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack4ya
I like this idea... not familiar with expose yet, but it said not compatible (mi4) so I stopped installing.
Is this correct?

A bit offtopic, but in case someone cares:
Maybe I found the way to save a lot of battery: Intelli3g app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.intelli3g&hl=it

you need to install exposed framework first.
Then the app will switch automatically from 2g to 3g, according to your prefrencies.
Unfortunately the option to start 3g when you open a certain app doesn't work :/

But you can set it so that when the phone is locked it goes to 2g and when you unlock it it switches to 3g.

My average screen time on Mi2s used to be around 2 hours from morning to night.
With the app, first day, i got 3 hours and a half! (maybe I was just lucky)
Second day I didn't use it very much, I had 2 hours screen time but 30 hours standby..

Very impressive to me, I will keep testing.
But finally I see something that really seems to make a difference.
Up to you to try.

Website is up and running again! Sorry for the downtime ..

I dont know what Xiaomi did with the MM Build for the Mi3/Mi4 ... Battery Life is very bad and I have some strange behaviour with wifi...

Lets see if the upcoming versions fix some things. But I am very happy to replace my Mi4 with a Mi5 very soon...

Thanks for the hard work, sebsch1991! I'll be donating you guys soon!
sebsch1991, do you think is posible to add Viper4android support to the room, I'm a Mi Note user and I would really love to have that option in the sMIUI Kitchen!Again, thank you for the hard work!

there is anyway to delete the search bar from the notification area? or at least change chinnese or whatever lenguage

there is anyway to delete the search bar from the notification area? or at least change chinnese or whatever lenguage
I don't know how to remove the search bar, but I have the correct language in mine...

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

I don't know how to remove the search bar, but I have the correct language in mine...

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

in the search box? i have some symbols in the background, although its says "search" in the lenguage i have the rest of the phone, but also the "popular" searchs are in chinnese

Coming from 5.12.13 Kitkat,
IS IT necessary to update partition in 5.12.17 as mentionned to update to latest 6.2.18 or not ?

Thanks !

Coming from 5.12.13 Kitkat,
IS IT necessary to update partition in 5.12.17 as mentionned to update to latest 6.2.18 or not ?

Thanks !
Yes, mainly because if you flash 6.2.18 without merging the partition you won't be able to upgrade the room (been there), I reccomend you to flash the 6.2.18 version using the fastboot with the MiPC suite because my partition didn't merge when I installed 5.12.17

Having selected AdBlocker in my 6.2.18 rom for my Redmi Note 2 Prime both sMIUI_block_hosts & sMIUI_allow_hosts files are present in my sdcard folder but my /etc/hosts file contains one entry '127.0.0.1 localhost'. After reading this thread I'm under the impression that there would be multiple entries in my host file. Obviously, ads are not being blocked. Have I misunderstood what the Adblocker mod does ?

To make sure, I've cooked & installed my rom twice the results are the same.

Reactions: nightmike
Yup, I can confirm too. No adblock on Mi2s 6.2.18 too. I just installed it manually.

Except that, I have other two issues:
- Cloud photos on Gallery are not showing up ("Couldn't download"). Same for Themes app, it's not showing the images and also not downloading the themes.
- The default keyboard sometimes changes. Today when I woke up, the keyboard changed during the night. I'm using Swiftkey as default and it changed back to stock one.

Reactions: lanlan
using the last smiui mm on mi4. Seems almost the same battery.
I wanted to ask, i see that using kernel adiutor with instructions i saw on en.miui (so high performance preset then change values, governors ecc) seem only two cores just works. Some people say it's very good battery with that (with kit kat not mm experience).
Boh fors now i'm at 95 percent battery with 14 minutes of screen alwyas in wi fi mode not 3 g.... usually with kk rom smiui i was like 100 percent now with battery or so on...
88 percent of using (battery stats with 29 percent android system used).
No wakelocks, via cpu spy i see a lot of deep sleep....

is it normal that???how can be possible getting worse with battery?
System is super fast but...boh

Having selected AdBlocker in my 6.2.18 rom for my Redmi Note 2 Prime both sMIUI_block_hosts & sMIUI_allow_hosts files are present in my sdcard folder but my /etc/hosts file contains one entry '127.0.0.1 localhost'. After reading this thread I'm under the impression that there would be multiple entries in my host file. Obviously, ads are not being blocked. Have I misunderstood what the Adblocker mod does ?

To make sure, I've cooked & installed my rom twice the results are the same.
as temp.workaround you could use the host file from moab (Google xda mother of all add blocking.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Video don't play from gallery smiui 6.2.18 mi3...battery is not very good...... :-(
But performance is very good...fast everiting...

So what's the status on:
  • GPS not available for some apps (Endomondo, Runtastic ..)
  • Double tap to start an app, first tap does show an animation but does not start the app
  • When answering a call, first 3 seconds the other person does not hear you

Gallery is dead slow, selecting a couple of pictures to delete either freezes the phone or takes forever. Can anyone confirm this too?

- The default keyboard sometimes changes. Today when I woke up, the keyboard changed during the night. I'm using Swiftkey as default and it changed back to stock one.

I got the same problem (using Swiftkey), the stock keyboard very often comes back as standard... really annyoing...