[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Fair enough... As long as you provide at least one stable sMIUI per device I guess most people are fine...

I tried your rom in redmi 3, but it doesnt work. I used several version of twrp recoveries, but nothing worked.
Will that be fixed with new version?
I would also like to know if your rom have ota every week, or manual update.

Thanks a lot for your great work!

I tried your rom in redmi 3, but it doesnt work. I used several version of twrp recoveries, but nothing worked.
Will that be fixed with new version?
I would also like to know if your rom have ota every week, or manual update.

Thanks a lot for your great work!
ROM for RedMi 3 will surely work. Please be patient, will be released very soon.

Reactions: jojo_0n
Thanks for all your replies!

I have worked a lot during the last week and spent some nights trying to optimize the whole project.
I understand your wish for quality instead of quantity, but I will keep building sMiUI every week, because there is lots of people that really want allways latest beta version. Further it might happen that 6.3.31 is great for Mi2s and Mi4 but sucks for Mipad . Versions can allways be very different between the particular devices.

I dont take it as my task to qualify and test every ROM for every device Xiaomi releases every week. Thats Xiaomis task! They release beta ROMs and stable ROMs. I will make sure that you will allways find at least 1 stable ROM based sMiUI Version in the kitchen for your device!

Some of you might think "Well you are ROM Developer, you release sMiUI, so take fckn care about stability before uploading".
To those people I can only say
- All my work is for free and done in my free time after working 8-10 hours a day
- I cant buy 19 different Smartphones to test all the ROMs by myself
- I simply dont want to.. Finding Bugs and Beta Testing 24/7 is not very funny ...

Nevertheless sMiUI has changed during the last week. There is less functions, but some new though. More stability, equality between the devices and easier handling for me. Further it will be much easier to discuss with others about ROMs, Bugs, devices or whatever directly on smiui.net without any forums or registration.

Beta Testers have reported good results on latest ROMs, so stay tuned for the release of the "new" sMiUI.
Of course seb you know me, I didn't say that you are a developer and asking a Stable ROM. But as things looks like, Xiaomi's latest beta are not good enough. So to save your time, and I want that since you work for us in your free time and you earn nothing €, I inform you that we care more about some stables, and not the latest. We want this for you, because we respect your job.

PS: Idea! Add next to Rom selector, a Poll with thumbs Up or down and comments if someone wants to add comments.. i.e. 6.2.14 Aries-> 68% and comments like "the camera fc every time".. If it's easy for you of course.

Thanks for your work

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Addamas and Dizplay
First of all, let me thank you @sebsch1991 for the work on Smiui, I've been on this rom for lots of time and never had major issues on my Mi2s and it's working fine, never went back to any rom once I tried Smiui! ;)

I'm writing now since I've had a problem on a update lately and I had to flash to a stable rom, reinstall TWRP recovery and then went back to Smiui 6.3.24, but at the moment the storage size for my apps has been reduced I think because of the stable Miui rom I had to reinstall. Now I've just few space for apps and I'm not able to install few of them, could you please tell me how can I increase the space for apps on storage once again? Which procedure should I follow to do that and don't mess everything up?

First of all, let me thank you @sebsch1991 for the work on Smiui, I've been on this rom for lots of time and never had major issues on my Mi2s and it's working fine, never went back to any rom once I tried Smiui! ;)

I'm writing now since I've had a problem on a update lately and I had to flash to a stable rom, reinstall TWRP recovery and then went back to Smiui 6.3.24, but at the moment the storage size for my apps has been reduced I think because of the stable Miui rom I had to reinstall. Now I've just few space for apps and I'm not able to install few of them, could you please tell me how can I increase the space for apps on storage once again? Which procedure should I follow to do that and don't mess everything up?
Do you have the latest partition layout? I cannot understand why your space running low

Do you have the latest partition layout? I cannot understand why your space running low

I actually never had this kinda problem, now I have a 3.70GB partition for the apps which I think is way too low since I've been able to install only a few of them compared with my previous installation, I think stable rom messed the partitions up or something.

I actually never had this kinda problem, now I have a 3.70GB partition for the apps which I think is way too low since I've been able to install only a few of them compared with my previous installation, I think stable rom messed the partitions up or something.
Maybe you flash a very old stable ROM. And it brings you the old layout. Try to flash with MiPcSuite the latest stable, 7.2 which will erase you everything. I mean everything. Brand new phone after that. Enter in fastboot mode and then connect you phone. It will pop up a popup haha, you can choose.

Maybe you flash a very old stable ROM. And it brings you the old layout. Try to flash with MiPcSuite the latest stable, 7.2 which will erase you everything. I mean everything. Brand new phone after that. Enter in fastboot mode and then connect you phone. It will pop up a popup haha, you can choose.

Actually I think I flashed the latest one, but now I can't check the version right now and I'm not totally sure, but I downloaded it from the en.miui.com site just to do this thing, I don't think I went that back with the version, this is why I'm surprised of this, too.

While we wait for the new Smiui version which seems to be coming very soon :D, I tried to flash once again to latest China Stable (V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA) and got the same 3.70GB system partition size, is it yours like this, @kamakasnh?

While we wait for the new Smiui version which seems to be coming very soon :D, I tried to flash once again to latest China Stable (V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA) and got the same 3.70GB system partition size, is it yours like this, @kamakasnh?
e7c5591401c4ea950eb2c23dd4073c51.jpg

No please follow my instructions. Enter in fastboot mode and open MiPcSuite in order to repartition your phone. If you have further issues please inform me

Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3036730

And flash Aries unified single xiaomi

This is the easiest method of course
http://en.miui.com/thread-107586-1-1.html

Follow this

Last edited:
No please follow my instructions. Enter in fastboot mode and open MiPcSuite in order to repartition your phone. If you have further issues please inform me

Follow this guide

And flash Aries unified single xiaomi

This is the easiest method of course

Follow this

Ok, thank you for the reply, I did flash the new Smiui and it seems to have more "free space" than the stable version and I've still 1GB free even if I've installed way more apps than the stable rom, I think that stable rom has too much stuff on it or the space hasn't a good optimization... Anyway than you for the help, I'll keep this in mind if I'll ever need it! ;)

@sebsch1991 I had to reinstall playstore apk on 6.4.7 Mi2s ROM I cooked because it was stuck even before logging in with my account..

i installed smiu 6.3.31 on mi2s but i have problem with Viper4Android, mi2s is rooted...
Screenshot_2016-04-15-10-53-35_com.vipercn.viper4android_v2.png

solution?